Moore, OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Moore Camping Reviews
Beautiful.

No words do this park area justice. It's a top 5 for me to visit Nation wide, camp and explore.

Close to everything, yet isolated.

This lake and the multiple camping areas around it are really nice. Full rv spots with complete lake view. Tons of shade. The Breeze over the lake has helped me with the humidity of summer. Friendly folks, eager to help. I've stayed there in our tent. Quiet and lots of critters to keep you smiling. I've been visited by lone and small groups of doe, fawns with white freckles. Children play areas with park toys. Day use areas, beach and swimming areas.

Nice area. Clean and friendly.

Many areas to approach lake. Sure there is a beach, multiple boat loading ramps and day use picnic areas close to the water, and in shade but if you need a quiet place to get in the water and relax, or visit quietly with friends but there are many trails that lead to water access. Clean restrooms, organized trash accumulation sites and between the shade, cool water and constant breeze this area in McCloud Okla is my go to weekend lake. (Just out of OKC). No quick runs to stores or cafe's, but there is a small town groceries store, fuel station and even a drive thru window.

Love Gina & Glen!

We stayed for 8 months & it has been our favorite campground to date! It’s quiet, clean, friendly & most importantly safe! Gina & Glen are so sweet- they take very good care of the campground & are constantly doing more to improve it! Propane on site, wifi, dog run, showers/bathrooms, laundry, & storm shelter.

King Snake Tent camping

King Snake on Arcadia Lake is my go-to site for a quick getaway.  If I have a free weekend and the weather is nice I pack my tent and head out.  The park is large and spread out.  A LOT of Rv's and boats in the main parts of the park but I prefer King Snake for the tent camping.  No rv's, limited traffic, and a short walk to a lightly-used bathroom.  The sites are large enough for 2 large tents.  Tables, hooks, and fire pits in each.  Close enough to the city to get anything you may have forgotten to pack. Also, the eastend of the lake is quiet and calm, away from the boats.

Nice

Clean Showers, nice trees, Close to Guthrie.

Very Nice Park

Had Fun

Red Rock box canyon hidden treasure

This park was saved by a local who has leased it for the next 50 years! Oklahoma was going to close it down! Great RV and tent sites! Very family friendly , pool, camp store, playgrounds and numerous rappelling sites. Also bathhouses! Great hiking on the red Rock! Good karma like Sedona!

Hidden gem

A red rock box canyon with great RV hookups , nice tent camping sites, bathhouse , fishing and hiking

Red rock box Canyon hidden gem

This this little box canyon of red Rock has everything a camper could want RV flat parking spaces water electric and numerous tent camping sites. There are also nice showers and bathrooms. Best of all this campground was rescued by a local gentleman who  for the next 50 years even though he doesn't plan on living that long because the state of Oklahoma was going to sell it! He and his family have camped here for years and you couldn't see it sold off!a great place to bring your family for fishing hiking and they even opened up a little camp store!

Great, quiet location!

Great, peaceful setting outside of Enid, Ok! This was a little off the beaten path, but if you’re looking for a peaceful, clean park…this is it!

Cool Treehouse Camping

Booked last minute on Airbnb

Great Campground

Big rig friendly on a few sites. Lots of trees. Sites are not real level but very usable. Fire rings and tables most sites. Small playground for the kids and the boat ramp is right there. Good Crappie and Catfish in the lake.

A Fav! Best I’ve ever found! I love this place!!

Don’t miss this one… it’s special.  The owner is a professional artist and it shows. Such an inspirational space and amazing hosts. A sacred spot in Oklahoma City worth of meditation and communion with nature- priceless. This will forever be my home away from home when traveling in this area. Inspiring with all the essentials and luxuries of glamping. Highly recommended!

In City Treehouse

Cool Treehouse with twin bed inside( great for cuddling)- outdoor hammock and trampoline for sleeping. Shower and camping toliet, kitchen. Groovy outdoor space with fire pit. Eclectic collection of Artwork. Community painting in progress.

Awesome host family.  Last minute booking on Airbnb.

Small campground with secluded sites

Visiting this campground so was expecting similarities between it and the Guthrie Lake campground as they are both maintained by the city do Guthrie. But I was pleasantly surprised as the road turned to packed rock and dirt and started to get more and more remote in appearance. I noticed equestrian crossings and trails and also signs marking arc access points before entering.

When arriving to the lake itself traffic splits off into one way lanes. You pass a house like structure which serves as a paystation for entry, though when I visited no one was there to accept my money and I didn’t see a self pay area.

The boat ramp and fishing pier is the first thing you see when entering the park with large parking and easy water access. There are a few picnic tables at this point to enjoy the day use space. Just beyond that a swimming “beach”. This was a little perplexing to me because there was less than a foot of red dirt sand then water which was marked as appropriate. The beach itself was tiny but it was nice to see they had created a space unique to swimming in the area for safety. No also noticed an abundance of naked signs about life jacket safety which I thought was great!

As you continue to drive away the more commercial day use area there are 7 campsites each with large parking areas, grills, fire rings, picnic tables and plenty of room to spread out in a tent or RV. These sites do not have hook ups but what they lack there they make up for in lake views. Each site had a clear view of he lake and water access only a short distance from your parking area.

Restrooms are only port a potty units and with recent winds some of these had been knocked over or damaged by tree limbs, so that is something to consider.

I really liked that this location by far seemed more established than the other city maintained option and also had more privacy overall.

Tips:

• Call ahead if you want to stay here on a weekend since there are limited sites and reserve in advance

• Check weather before traveling, it is very common for bad weather to roll through this area and with all of the trees you want to make sure you are safe.

Tents Only

In a pleasant change of pace for camping I pulled into this location to check out the options which exist in this region for camping in a tent. Wow was a pleased when I discovered that this location was designed for tents only!!

The pros were great water access, flush toilets, great parking and access to a self pay station. The cons, completely primitive and the roadway is pretty close to the camping area.

This location is maintained by the City of Guthrie. They have nice parking lot and boat ramp at this location in addition to a fishing pier. A lot of people choose to pull off into the zone deemed camping however for a more shaded coverage when fishing. With that being said there is still plenty of room to have you own little piece of comfort.

You are supposed to park and walk in the 100 yards to the campsites however I did notice that locals drive into this area. It is pretty open and the main concern is that you pay for day use or overnight uses.

There are some scattered picnic tables and trash cans however only one are which has bbq grills and this are is pretty removed from the designated camping zone.

I noticed when I was visiting a lot of traffic down the access road which wasn’t loud really but could be distracting if trying to relax. The traffic was mainly from the residential area which also surrounds the lake.

Overall I really liked this area for day use but am not completely sold on it as a camping area.

Pretty and Scenic

This spot is great! I’ve done a photoshoot as well as explored here! The photoshoot was awesome on the small hike with the red rock. It’s plenty shaded and has a lot of color in full bloom! The best is right after it rains! As for exploring, it’s awesome! It can get crowded easily, but it’s easy to escape into another hidden area of the park. Definitely a gem of OK!

Great for Daycation

I haven’t stayed here overnight, but I’ve been here plenty during the day. I’ve come here for the beach, hammocks good and even photoshoots! It’s gorgeous when it’s lush and green. Definitely be aware of flash flooding- then again… it is Oklahoma…

It’s an awesome spot not too far outside of town!

Tent accessible.... but is it??

This location is a quaint privately owned location easy to access and close to the community of Rush Springs.

Although they do have shady areas ideal for tents and we did see some tent campers there is no real facilities for a tent camper to use. I would not be able to personally stay here in a tent without being friendly with someone in an RV because there is also no privacy for outdoor restroom.

Sites are available on a nightly, weekly or monthly stay at a reasonable rate. There is a common trash area and RV connections are present.

Sites are a bit close together for my personal liking.

Great spot for a quick getaway

I think this is definitely a great place to go if you want to get away for a day or two. Since it is a smaller state park, it feels a little cramped during the peak season. However, the neat thing about the park is that it offers a variety of activities such as camping, swimming in the pool, hiking, rock climbing, etc.

Arcadia

We have taken our family to Arcadia many times to camp. While it’s close to the city, it feels far away. Lake activities and hiking are available.

Good for stop off stay

This KOA is directly off I-40 exit 108. It is a decent quick over night if you are passing through. If possible I recommend the spots in back. The full hook up spots up front are literally a parking lot. The spots are so close you are almost touching the RVs beside you. All facilities are clean. Staff is friendly. The pool is nice and there is a small lake for fishing. There is a tourist trap in front call The Cherokee Trading Post. There is all a Cherokee Restaurant. Good food. And there is also a nice convenience store.

Nice,quiet place to relax

We stayed here for (4) night's last month. Was not busy at all during the week. They keep the grounds mowed and looking nice. The tails where nice but a little overgrown and the markings are faded. Like climbing around the rocks. The pool was nice and cool for a hot day but closed at 5:00. The showers are hot but are pay type. Fifty cents gets you two minutes. The town of Hinton is very close and had stores if you forget anything. Will come back when it is cooler.

This was a very nice place although a little difficult to find. It was $15 for our 32 foot motorhome. We put our money in an envelope and left it at a picnic table and then we were able to choose our spot. Even though there were a few others around it was a quiet place looking out on a very pretty lake. We ended up having to leave a little earlier in the morning than planned because of a thunderstorm but we did get to see all the geese come in off the lake to get out of the water before the storm started. I would highly recommend it for one night stay or a nice weekend getaway.

Girl Scout Troop #110 Camping

I took my Girl Scouts camping for 3.5 days, back in 2010. We had a blast! From swimming at their pool to getting snowcones, to hiking. Just watch out for the poison ivy! And I’m highly allergic to the stuff! The ranger kept a close eye on us all weekend even when they had a riot at the prison, but don’t worry they don’t do that very often. He kept patrol until the riot was over with. Plus there is a gate to lock people out at night. I believe at 11pm it closes and locks. Unless there is an emergency, of some sort. He will let you out, just have to knock on his door right there by the gate. Not too expensive to stay at back then. I don’t know the current prices now though. They also have a lot of RV hook ups.

Big ole brown lake

This is a large paved parking lot overlooking a large lake. It is somewhat of a popular spot (three other people the night i stayed) and some activity throughout the night. There are two pit toilets you can use at your own risk.

Would stay again!!!

This is my first time at this park. It is fantastic. It is peaceful and quiet. Nature at your backdoor. Love it here!

Great campground, not enough bathrooms/showers

Great spots and location. Only about 10 shower/bathroom combos for an entire campground. Long waits and not cleaned.

Close to OKC

Pretty decent campground. You can swim in the lake of course. It’s also close to civilization which makes it a good first camping trip if you’re new to it.