The best YURTS camping near
Silverton , OHIO

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Silverton Camping Reviews
Lake views

Close to Cincinnati but each site is wooded and on lake front , lots to do!

Fun campground for pop-up campers

My wife and I had a great time visiting Hueston Woods and visiting the Raptor Center. Located north of Cincinnati along Ohio’s border with Indiana.

We stayed here with our pop up camper and felt right at home. The bathrooms and shower houses could use some updates and there were no full hook up sites when we went but our site was nice and quiet.

Our dog, loved the miniature golf and visiting Acton Lake.

Large Park

Pros and Cons to this park…lots of hiking trails, beautiful lake and very clean large sites. The down side is there is a lot to due but the park is so spread out you have to drive everywhere. We went to visit the Pioneer Village ( building were closed due to COVID ) but we were still able to walk around the buildings. Also they have a spillway where you can collect fossils which was really cool but the village and spillway were both about 20 minutes from the campground.
I just don’t like parks where you have to drive everywhere. I like it when all of the attractions are within walking or biking distance.
We did like the campground and will definitely come back. They had good Verizon coverage which is something we now have to pay attention to since my husband works remotely.

Had a great time!!

A great destination for the motorcycle camper! Some really fun country roads in the area, but close to the highway aswell! The grounds are well kept. While the place is family and kid friendly, there’s still a good time/party vibe goin on too!

Our go to campground

Houston’s Woods has long been our camping spot. We live in Preble County so it is quick and easy to get to. It is fairly well-maintained, besides the putt putt course that could use some TLC. The kids like riding their bikes up and down the hills and walking on the trails. You can also go play in the creek to cool off

Nice place

We camped here for the first time during Fourth of July weekend and it was very busy. The park was very clean and nice our site was very big and we had plenty of space from the neighboring site. The pad at our site was starting to crack and break apart which did cause us to have to move our pop up a little so we were level. The bathrooms were very clean and updated. We saw the host go in there every morning and make sure it was clean. They have a washer and dryer in one of the building connected to one of the bathrooms if you need it. A lot of the sites seem to be in direct sun though. We drove around before leaving and it seems majority are direct sun not a lot of shade anywhere. They have a small playground for kids that was closed due to corona but looked nice from what I could see. There is a swimming beach close to the camping area but it is not very big and that is also where a lot of kayakers drop in and get out. The camping beach unfortunately had a lot of trash from people leaving their trash and a lot of debri washes up on that beach from the boats. We did not go to the other side to the actual beach so I don’t know what it looked like. The park has a ton of hiking trails and on the other side of the lake is a area you can search for fossils. My daughter had a great time would go back again for sure…

Love!!

We love Hueston Woods! We have been there twice now and tent camp. A lot of the sites are large and have enough space for everything you need! The beach is a short distance away and love that they also include a dog swimming area. The bathrooms are a little outdated but the park is very well kept.

I stayed at this campground for only a night but it was a nice experience. I’m not sure how crowded it would be on holidays but there was hardly anyone there during this time. The little shop was closed because of covid of course but there was someone around to tell us where to go. The campsites are pretty large and flat for the most part. We did see a staff member clean the outhouses on both days. A raccoon did visit us during our night by the fire so I guess I would say watch out for them! We hiked on the bike trail that was in the campgrounds and it was a very nice hike, very beautiful as well. They also have a beach that you can drive to. It was kept nice and clean. I would definitely visit there again.

Fun in the rain

A big park with lots to do. It rained all weekend but kids loved it!

Loud neighbors

We tent camped here a few years ago and had the loudest neighbors. The brought a chainsaw to cut up wood, let their little kids roam wild and packed up around 6am. Our spot had no privacy either. We’ve tried to give this campground another chance but can never find spots that look decent.