The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Boneta , OHIO

Most Recent Boneta Camping Reviews
Great Campground

My family has camped here the last two years and I’ve already made reservations for another trip this summer. The amenities are great with nice, clean showers and large sites. We’ve tent camped on the south side of the campground which seems to have more large and secluded sites. Having walked around it seems that the north side has more open condensed sites, but from what I can tell, generally all areas are pretty good (down side to the south side is being on the open lake and hearing loud boats all day).

For some it might be a pretty standard state park campground but for us it’s quickly becoming an annual family escape.

Nice, but busy!

West Branch is one of the best-known family campgrounds in NE Ohio. And it's not hard to understand why. Full amenities, clean facilities, and a nice lake round out the picture of a great place to get some family R&R.

Here's what you can expect:

1. It's Busy.

Like, really busy. Be sure to book early as spots fill up often. Sites are fairly close to each other, but most people seem respectful of space and limits.

2. It's Accessible.

West Branch is a quick drive from Akron, Canton, Cleveland, and Youngstown - hence the draw. if you live anywhere close, there's no reason NOT to check this place out!

3. It's Fun (but a bit loud)

If you're looking for quiet, West Branch might not be the place for you. Since the lake has not real HP limits, you'll hear boats motoring quite a bit throughout the day.

4. It's got everything :)

Seriously. There's nothing else you could want. Hiking trails, swimming, a fully stocked office for the essentials you forgot.

Quick tip: Bring swimsuits. There are plenty of places to swim in the well-kept beaches or off a boat. West Branch is a great family getaway for summer swimming!

Favorite Park in Ohio

We love this park! Lots of hiking! Even saw a bald eagle this trip.

Another Thanksgiving spent in our camper and it was so nice and relaxing. There were more campers than a expected this weekend. I guess everyone likes to social distance in there campers too.

Camping in the off season is our favorite time of year. This particular park has potable water on by the dump station and the dump station is open. The water at the full hook up sites are turned off.

No cell service with Verizon at this park.

Not for me

This is an amazing place. I felt like I had arrived at a cult gathering. Lots of kids on bikes and families having fun. Sounded like live music after dark accompanied by whooping and hollering and people having fun. I hiked with my dogs before leaving and got lost for awhile. The place is big. Did not go into shower or any Other facility. This is a certain kind of place but not for me. Sites on top of each other.

I’m there every chance I get! I love going to the beach. Swimming area is alright, a little muddy in areas, but the beach is kept clean. There are little hideaway trails everywhere, making for a fun adventure! The campgrounds were a bit crowded, but good grounds, tucked away from the noises of the busy world.

Solid Campgrounds for One Night

We are a family if four with two young kids and stayed in camp site 35. It was nice for one night. We set the tent up on the side of the driveway instead the back (as it looked like it was supposed to go) as that area was muddy. It was a short walk to the lake from our campsite but the lake entrance there was super muddy with trash around. Nice for the kids to throw rocks into but that’s about it. We were on a long drive and were only passing through for one night and we were pleased with the campgrounds for this. Campsite 35 was close to the restrooms and which were clean and well kept (while the showers could use a bit of an update but hey, it’s camping) One thing to note, one whole side of our campsite had poison ivy. But it was a good size site. We walked around a few loops and some sites were very spacious and some were very small. A lot of RV’s and very few tent campers.

Very nice park

We called last minute and it was on a 1st come, we hit the road quick. Great Lake close to rafting on Mohican river. The lady across from site 188 was a bit crazy however manageable! She called us weekenders lol she was a permanent. Park is doing a ton of remolding looks to be mostly seasonal sites…we didn’t care.

Great family park

We’ve tent camped here several yrs. Haven’t Back our camper in yet but we re waiting for an opening . It’s booked up for a reason . Shower houses are nice and flow hot water when needed. Grounds are clean and well maintained. Beach is small yet clean and nice . Sites are shaded and nice size . Some larger than others. We fished w little luck around boat ramp and shoreline around there . Overall great family get away .

Clean and great hiking

Findley state park is well maintained large park! We can easily get lost on 3 mile hikes in the woods and still be on marked paths! The roads are paved and excellent for biking and skating. About half the sites are for tent or dry camping. Half have electric and a few of those have full hookups. We have enjoyed the shade at our site this week and the space between us and our neighbors.

Shower houses are clean. Canoes and kayaks are available for renting. Many musicians set up camp and would jam out for some live evening music! Everyone was so nice at the campground. We enjoyed our stay.

Truly lovely campground with trails and lake and spacious sites.

We were just stopping over on our way from here to there. I’d love to come back for a longer stay.