The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Walnut Creek , NORTH CAROLINA

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Walnut Creek Camping Reviews
Enjoyed staying here for years, but this weekend was less than memorable...

I've had many good memories here, sad to see Ben Hardy not there anymore, he always went above and beyond to make your stay pleasant, most recently the mens bathroom was smelly, shower area very dirty, and no toilet tissue available, trash cans were over full there was paper towels all over the fioor, it just might be a while before i return there for a visit….  :(

Perfect overnight spot

Simple and cheap.quiet.small and civy. Clean

Just call it home

A wonderful campground to visit or just stay awhile. I’m a travel nurse living in my RV with my husband and 2 dogs and I call it home. It’s quiet and peaceful with a small pond to fish in. There’s a Blue Herron that hangs out by the pond you can see everyday. There are beautiful deer that come out at dusk to eat with their babies. And it’s just an all around peaceful place that connects with nature. The owners are great and live onsite. I couldn’t have picked a better place to camp.

Friendly and helpful in a time of need

We came here the day we sold our house in Fayettville. Covit19 had just hit so the campground we had reserved fell through and couldn’t get tenants to leave because they were scared. We were in for a surprise, Fayetteville RV resorts welcomed us with open arms and put us under a long term clause so we couldn’t get thrown out if they shut everything down. 600 a month is more than reasonable for the area. The staff is super and they keep the camp ground top notch.

The bathrooms were immaculate. The Landry rooms were great, little expensive but I get it, they are high maintenance with all the visitors. The hiking trail had all kinds of wildlife and a small damn on it. We walked it every day for 2 months and it was great. All the neighbors in the long term area were like family. I loved this place! They will not disappoint!

Good park

Beautiful campground

This was a very nice, well maintained campground. The staff were extremely polite and helpful. We stayed from Aug 11-14, 2020. The pool was nice on a hot humid day. They have gem mining. You buy the bags of dirt in the camp store. The bathhouses are all very new due to a recent hurricane and they were kept clean. The dock/pier was picture perfect as the sunset over the Neuse river. The playground and jump pad looked like they would be a lot of fun but were closed due to Covid 19 restrictions. They had horseshoes and Gaga-ball that were open. They had 2 fenced in dog parks and a dog washing station. We chose this campground for it’s location near historical downtown New Bern and we would definitely recommend it to others. They have RV sites, tent sites and cabins.

Nice family park and Hiking Trail

We enjoy coming here with our family during the fall.

One of our favorites

Very family friendly, pool, nice clean sites, cabins, clean shower rooms, tons of activities for the kids and the staff are amazing!

Best price around for Propane!

Nice staff. Pool is usually clean. This place usually has the cheapest price on propane around.

One of the cleanest pools I have ever laid eyes on.

Tent sites with electrical hook ups right beside the river. There is a fish cleaning sink and a pier to fish from also. Small cabins are for rent here as well. This facility has one of the cleanest pools I have ever been in. Very well kept bathroom facilities with a laundromat as well. Very friendly staff and guests here as well.