The best YURTS camping near
Taylorsville , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Taylorsville Camping Reviews
Great Campground

There is a little bit of everything here. Mountain location meets all the view requirements to include the rushing stream as you come in. Owners are supper friendly and want to make your stay enjoyable. There are cabins, tents, and RV sites so you can take your choice of sleeping accommodations. Plenty to do for kids of all ages with game room, swing set, basketball, corn hole, and a field big enough to throw a frisbee or play catch. Add a little creek through the middle and a fishing pond; what more do you need?

Campground is well maintained. The RV Sites are level. The bath house is clean. The WiFi is A++, can you say streaming?! You have your choice of open site or one with tree cover. If you are looking for a place to see the leaves changing color this is the place to stay. Don’t wait to make your reservations it fills up fast!!!

So many activities!

This was our second trip to Yogi Golden Valley but the first trip with our new camper. We had a wonderful weekend! My family rented a cabin on the creek. Golf carts are a must to get around since the campground is so big! The kids enjoyed the water park, putt putt, gem mining, fishing, crafts and tie dying shirts. There were several activities we didn’t get a chance to do this trip (kayak, laser tag and the playground). We will definitely be back! It’s within an hour drive for us and you can’t beat it!

Amazing

Awesome place! Been here a few times now. Has tons of activities for the kids. Fantastic pool with a pool side bar. Great cabins for rent with great views. Can be a little pricey but well worth it.

Great campground!

Very nice campground! Pretty place

Honeymoon Teepee

A great and friendly campground. Staff is constantly going out of their way to ensure your comfort. Sites are spacious and the view is breathtaking. The morning sun lights up the meadow which is the campground centerpiece. A small outdoor arena for music events is off to one side. A teepee is the center attraction. My wife and I stayed there for our honeymoon. Memories for a lifetime; literally as she passed shortly thereafter. A great campground, great staff, and a short drive to if needed. I’m looking forward to my next visit! Hope to see you there.

Buck Hill Camping

Great location. Great hiking. Great owners.

Beautiful and peaceful.

We are in the middle of a month long stay at Buck Hill. What a breath of fresh air in the middle of the summer. Beautiful mountains and the grounds are green and lush. Right on the river for fishing or tubing. There are lots of seasonal campers but lots of weekend campers as well. Everyone is happy and friendly. The owners are very friendly and helpful. They are everywhere making sure things are clean and everyone has what they need. Could not be more satisfied.

A magical gem of a campground!

This campground is magical. We were lucky enough to find it and stay here in June, 2019.

The tent site that we stayed in was really beautiful and had an amazing view of the mountains. The field that was in front of our site had beautiful wild flowers. We made lovely bouquets and even wore flowers in our hair! My favorite time of day here was evening when the sun was setting. We saw lots of bats and birds! The bathrooms were so very clean as well.  The gentleman that ran the campground were very kind and lovely and recommended a fun day on the river in Todd.  I’d like to go back in the future and stay in the teepee’s that they had. They looked really cool. They also had beautiful tree houses that I’d love to stay in one day!

The Best

I’ve stayed at Blue Bear twice and booked my third stay as I was leaving. Wonderful campground - you can’t beat any aspect of it.

The sites are well spaced so you don’t feel on top of other campers. Remote sites provide that extra sense of privacy.

The owners are so helpful and friendly. Providing wood and also have devices to haul your gear to certain remote sites.

Location is a great jumping point for tons of hiking and other activities. We went to Ashe County Park to play disc golf, and into Boone to walk around and look at shops.

Bathhouse is very clean and well kept. There is nothing negative to say about Blue Bear. It is our favorite site by far, and keeps us coming back.

Unique

Spacious campsites and a lot of different kinds to choose from! Field sites, wooded sites, large, small AND hike in remote sites! Clean, updated bathrooms. They deliver your firewood although I didn’t have to buy any because the previous campers left plenty!

Dog friendly with no mention of breed restrictions. I definitely will go again! All around professionally managed and friendly staff too!