Camping in Ravenwood

Recent Equestrian Reviews Near Ravenwood, North Carolina

82 Reviews of 14 Ravenwood, North Carolina Campgrounds

S
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2021

You’re stuck inside the park at night!

The campsites are alright minus the hike but the downside is they lock the gate at night and no one else is there so if you have an emergency or just need to leave you can’t, you’re literally stuck.

Cassandra R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Nice dispersed campground

We have been coming to this campground for seven or eight years. We’ve camped here as tent and rv campers.

The campsites tend to be spacious and wooded- perfect for privacy and hammocks.

Once we were tent camping here, and woke up to a herd of deer on our site! There were seriously 10-15 deer…

D
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2021

Beautiful, Great Camping!

Located close to nothing else, this campground was so peaceful at night. During the day, it’s beautiful. It’s got showers with hot water and accessible facilities. Great camping!

Bryan H.
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2021

Nice getaway !

My wife and I have been hunting for a new close camp ground. We may have a winner! Midway RV is very clean, quiet and friendly. The pool is fantastic and close to areas to go shopping or sightseeing.

• front porch view
  • front porch view
  • pull thru sights
T
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2021

Great place for outdoor getaway

This park was great for my family. We hiked down with our stuff and set up at campsite 4. We were the only ones there for the weekend and there was ample space for setting up. We used the fire pit and the kids played in the creek. While staying at the park we went on hikes, fished, and played disc…

Darrell W.
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2021

Great for a short trip

What a great campground. The bath house/restrooms are very nice and the campsite was very well shaded. The walk to the lake was not bad at all. We only stayed a couple of nights so we did not venture out much. Cool place to go

Elizabeth J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

Great staff and large sites

Wonderful staff we were there from Monday (Labor Day) thru Wednesday so very quiet. I understand it is busy on weekends and holidays but we are lucky enough to camp during the week.

Site was large and very level. Bought new Anderson levelers and haven’t even had a chance to use them.

SiteI believe it was site C1. this is a new section.
WThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Love this Park

I have stayed at Morrow Mountain many times over the last 10 years. It is close to home and very convenient for me. While the facilities are aged, they are clean and work well. And if you really want to be away it is great!! The cell service is very poor.

Terri F.
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Into the woods

Nestled in the middle of NC is this great forest. There were lots of established camping spots. We picked a nice one near a stream. There was a lot of road traffic even late into the night. People were friendly when we saw them but everyone kept their distance.

SiteN/A
Skipper S.
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Well Done Campground

We stayed at site 84, and stayed in a tent. There was a fire pit, hang hook for trash, and plenty of shade on the tent pad. We had plenty of space between each site as well. Bathrooms were fine with decent water pressure and hot water. I liked the idea of the campground host who was just a few…

SiteLoop C site 84
bThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

Uwharrie campground

The State Forest has camping. We used our pop-up with a generator in rustic locations. There are hiking, horse, OHV, dirt bike, ATV, and mountain bike trails.

AdventureStang The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Awesome campground

We stayed at this park for a couple nights. The bathroom facilities were nice, the spots were clean, we stayed during the week so it was empty. Might be a little too open if the campground is full. The overlook from the top of the “mountain” was beautiful.

Jason D.The Dyrt PRO User

Month of VisitDecember
Myron C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 1, 2021

Truly Primitive Camping in a National Forest

Personally, I would give dispersed camping here four or five stars, but I have to be objective from the point of view of many campers. This is not an RV camping area, at least not the dispersed camping area. You cannot drive up to the campsites. There are no electric, water, or sewer hookups. There…

• The Campsite before I Set Up
  • The rhododendron were just beginning to bloom.
SiteUwharrie Trail Primitive Campsite 1
Myron C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 30, 2021

One of the Best State Parks in North Carolina

I guess my GPS needs updating since it took me down the wrong road to get to this state park, so if you haven’t updated your GPS, do it before you attempt to come here. Other than that, it’s not that difficult to find.

There are quite a few things to do at this state park. Hiking, horseback…

• My Campsite