Water Unknown
About Uwharrie Hunt Camp

Uwharrie Hunt Camp has eight sites for tent camping. Each site has a table, grill, lantern posts, and tent pad. Two vault toilets are provided in the campground. There are also 2 drinking water spigots available. Opportunities for hiking, boating, fishing, swimming, hunting, OHV trail use and picnicking are available within a short drive. Country stores are located in the nearby communities of Uwharrie and Eldorado.

National Forest
Uwharrie Hunt Camp is located in North Carolina
Directions
From Troy, on Hwy 109 North  turn left on SR 1153. Uwharrie Hunt Camp  is on the right.
4 Reviews of Uwharrie Hunt Camp
Nearby

I didn’t stay in Hunt Camp proper, but just up the road. It is very quiet and enjoyable. Hung my hammocks from nearby trees and slept very well. Doing a little scouting for the upcoming hunting season.

Peaceful and comfortable

My husband and I took our two dogs backpacking for a weekend at Uhwarrie Park. After a long drive trying to find my husbands original spot we found a new one. Beautiful scenery. The only issue is we couldn't find a good location near water so thankfully we brought our own in case. It was a awesome campsite and nice little day trek with the dogs. Only animal we encountered was a wild dog lol but overall I enjoyed it.

Beautiful and Secluded

This is a beautiful campground with good facilities. There is a good trail around the lake that offers some beautiful views across the lake. Pretty good fishing too.