The best GROUP camping near
Laboratory , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Laboratory Camping Reviews
Kings mountain National military park

Sweet little 4 mile hike back to a primitive camping area. There is one designated area but we passed a few campsite scattered along other areas of the trail. The National park sits back-to-back with the state park and is joined by a nice trail.

Worth the hike!

Get ready. You are about to hike up a LOT of sleep stairs. The sites are really well laid out. Site 3&4 are my favorites because they are close to water access (bring a good filter). Plenty of trees to choose from for a hammock setup.

Canoe In Camping!

We decided to do some cold weather camping so we made our reservation in December, packed up our bags and a canoe and went off to Lake James. It. Was. Awesome. For one, we were the only people at the "boat only access" sites. Secondly, the bathroom was super clean and the sites were awesome. Then.. last but not least a baby raccoon was hanging out nearby that we got to watch from a lil distance, and baby raccoons are adorable.

I'd definitely go back!

Good Times at the Gorge!

These are pretty decent sites. You just pull off the road, set up and enjoy the camping experience.
We hiked down to the gorge and also enjoyed the dispersed camping available right along the riverside, which was pretty cool but… that hike back up is a DOOZY especially with a pack on. I would recommend it. The payoff of the views is highly worth any trail difficulties.
This was a really clean, well respected area. I liked to see that most other campers were clearly doing their part to Leave no Trace.

Great local spot

Great campground. Rates have gone up to $20 a night as of 4/1/21

Pleasantly Surprised

We stayed here for a weekend in March 2021 and were surprised at how much we liked it. There are lots of trails close to the campground with one around a lake and a stream off of it. Facilities were very well maintained. Only downside not all lots level and some stumps that were hard to manuver around to park and to leave spot.

Spacious with Amenities

My husband and I car camped at Paddy Creek in Lake James State Park and were surprised to find such great amenities. The bathrooms were clean and convenient from all the sites. There was water available at our site and neat trails down to the lake.

Picturesque and spacious

My husband and I spent Thankgiving at one of the Table Rock backcountry sites and couldn't have loved it more. Our site at picturesque views of the mountains and a convenient fire ring.

Word's LITERALLY Cannot Describe

This place is a little slice of Heaven for LGBTQ folk! Very Welcoming, clean, very well maintained, and landscaped- not to mention paved pads. This campground has several park models who belong to some part time and some full time folks who came and never left. There's a decent sized pool, a community fire pit, a lake where you can paddle boat. I highly recommend.