The best RV SITES camping near
Fairview , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Fairview Camping Reviews
Beautiful for Fall camping

We did a spontaneous trip to the mountains and we found this nice camp site along the North Fork French Broad River and we camped right along the river. It felt like we were camping deep in the woods and the Fall leaves were still clinging to the trees and made it absolutely beautiful. We fished right next to our camp site and then relaxed with a camp fire listening to the sound of the River.

HWY 215 runs along the camp site but since it was the weekend there was very little traffic. Hosts were very friendly, bath house was clean, and had chickens running around the camp site. Only reason I gave the camp site a four star is because there is clutter around a old cabin and old camper, has a broken down sink and if cleaned up would look much better.

Camp site is close to the Blue Ridge Parkway and other areas of interest.

Nice, but cramped

The Asheville East KOA is well maintained and a nice place to stop if you're exploring Asheville.  It's about 10 minutes east of downtown Asheville.  The spots are really tight. They have been updating over the years, but could use a little more work.

Meticulously maintained

Mama Gertie's is the most well kept campground I've ever been in.  The bathhouses look like something inside of an upscale hotel room.  There are mountaintop sides with big patios that hang over the mountain top and have incredible views.  It is one of our favorite places in the country.

Downside, amenities are limited.  No pool, no playground, etc.

Great little spot on the river to cool off

At first I was a little panicked that it was going to be a campground that jammed in too many people and we’d have no privacy. It was surprisingly quiet and we had plenty of space. We stayed in the tent spots along the river. It was quiet, we didn’t feel like anyone was on top of us, and the restrooms and general areas felt available.

The water levels are perfect for floating around and playing in the river. There’s even a little path you can take a tube up and float back down. They had a lily pad for general use and a little pond if you wanted something contained.

It’s a great little spot with good people running it. We’ll definitely be back!

A wonderful getaway

I was thrilled to find a campsite available with an amazing view. While our site was very small, it was perfect for me and two teenage kids. They loved being next to the creek and watching the water move. We already have our next visit booked! It probably won't be our last time, either!

Best family campground

We had the best weekend at Steele Creek! We went the 3rd weekend in October and the fall leaf color was gorgeous! The close proximity to Linville Falls, Blowing Rock and the Blue Ridge Parkway was perfect. We will definitely be back to explore the area more. It was cool outside but we saw several kids playing in the creek and it looked fun. We will have to come back in the summer to enjoy the water.

Not too bad. Beautiful video form the rock

Since it is a large Rock cliff, probably not nest for kids. But is does have an amsonh view

What An Experience!

If you are looking for a campground that is quiet and secluded - this is your place!

We are a tent camping family so we stayed in Section “A.” It was really quiet, everyone was respectful of quiet hours. The bathhouse was very well maintained and clean. Never out of soap or toilet paper - biggest plus were the hot showers!

The campsites were spaced out perfectly with enough natural separation from trees, bushes, etc. The campsites were also pretty large, at least ours was. Just make sure you read the size of the campsite before you book because we noticed a sizes difference amongst all them.

I read a lot of reviews about cellphone service prior to coming, and they were all pretty accurate. My husband and I have Verizon wireless, and we had about 2 bars of LTE (when we weren’t connected to the wifi at the campground) which was enough service to call family and friends, but not enough to text or load any apps.

Overall, huge recommend. So much to do, so peaceful, relaxing, and super scenic. P.S. the blue ridge parkway in the fall is something out of a fairytale, just gorgeous.

Loved staying here!

A bucket list trip to step foot on the APP and spend time wandering Hot Springs NC.

Needs some love

We stayed in site 20 and my take on this campsite is that it just needs a little love and care.  My site was next to the creek which was nice.  On one side of me was a permanent trailer of someone who lives there and on the other side, nestled into a triangle was my neighbor.  His sewage had been overflowed by the last camper and they had to get the management to help clean it up before they connected.  It's pretty clear that the sites weren't checked or tidied between campers.  There's no cell signal (T-Mobile) and even though the camp supposedly has WiFi, they've not set it up to cover the campground.  It really just covers the camp store area.

It just bothers me sometimes when I see a place like this that could be so great, if there was just a bit more love and care put into the place.

On the plus side, this was our first RV camping trip with our new (to us) 2007 Keystone Laredo 265RL.  Setup and everything went great and we just loved it.  Overall a successful trip but just a bit disappointed in the campground.