Bunnlevel , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Bunnlevel Camping Reviews
Nice, roomy, heavily wooded sites

Phenomenal experience

Excellent

Great clean sites, marina, access to lake. Everything you need.

Great little spot outside the city!

Falls Lake State Recreation Area, Rolling View Campground

Man-made reservoir - Falls Lake is located in the upper portion of the Neuse River Basin. Nice shaded trails. Very nice park.

Love

It was a great place to stay!!!! Can’t wait to go back!!!!

Hike In campground for MST hikers

I spent a night in Shinleaf walk in campground in April as part of a backpacking trip along the Falls Lake MST trail, sections 8-12. The fact that it doesn't have vehicle access to the sites makes it somewhat not popular with the usual camping crowd. It's a pretty big campground, but when I was there it was mostly empty. My site had the lake view and I spent the evening watching the sunset on the lake, it was amazing.

The bathroom was clean. I didn't use the shower, but I think it was available.

It's a great spot if you backpack MST or otherwise don't mind taking your stuff from the car to the site on foot.

I booked site 39 and it was great, I also remember that the two adjacent sites 37 and 38 were connected and could serve as a great spot for a small group.

We will definitely be back

Nice, large, well shaded sites. Clean bathroom, currently being cleaned 4x a day. Playground and Beach closed due to covid, but look nice. Check-in ranger was very friendly and helpful finding our site. We stayed in loop A, but walked all 3 loops, only a few sites we noted we wouldn't particularly want (lack of shade or less privacy), but all are nice big graveled sites with picnic and fire pit areas. Our 2yr old and dog loved their first times camping. We will definitely be back!

Solid RV Camping

Well kept sites with water and power access. Clean public restrooms and some water and fishing pier access. Some short trails for walking but nothing too long. Nothing GREAT about the location but everything there is pretty good.

Great Hike-In

Hike in camping available for backpacking. Located right off the mountains to sea trail.