Bunnlevel, NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Bunnlevel Camping Reviews
Great layover

Pull through spots that make overnight, or even a couple day, stays very easy. Full hook ups. Clean. Even though just off the highway, very quiet. Easy access to amenities and provisions if required, or preferred. Affordable.

Flynn Family Fun

Jordan Lake is a all around Great place to take the family for a weekend getaway or a 2 week adventure.  We the Flynn Family  are always looking for a family getaway and found Jordan lake to be perfect.  Or stay at Popular Point was really nice.  Camp site was a drive through and gave us enough room to spread out a little was  with in view of the water and close to the restrooms. We highly recommend spending family time together at Jordan Lake

Wonderful !

Had a great time! Some of the sites are right on the water allowing for camping and kayaking. Sites are large to accommodate two tents and two vehicles nicely. Bathrooms are what you would expect but clean. Some sites further back (not water side) have trees for hammocking. The trees near my site (122) did not have adequate trees for hammocking. I will absolutely be back.

(The only thing you will contend with is occasional air traffic noise from RDU. If you’re sensitive consider bringing earplugs for your comfort.)

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

While the owner was accommodating when we booked this RV site near Pinehurst, NC, he neglected to tell us that most of the sites were newly excavated. MUD, MUD, MUD everywhere ! I am sure it will be nice when it is completed BUT until then, it is not worth the $40 he is charging !

Amazing

Had a great 2 nights here ! Can’t wait to come back!

So quiet and relaxing

Falls Lake State Recreation Area is huge, with seven access areas (4 of which offer camping).  We stayed at Holly Point, which offers both tent and RV camping on large, wooded lots.  Our campsite, 57, backed up to a finger of Falls Lake for fishing.  It was just a short walk to a clean swimming beach.  Best of all, it was a great place for the kids to explore!

Sites had their own trash cans.  A nice grocery store, some gas stations, and some restaurants were just a short drive out of the park.  We'd love to return.

Near beach, double sites

Loved having a double site with my parents. Close to the beach where we sat for hours. Clean bathrooms. Spacious sites. Plenty of privacy.

Clean, quiet

One of our go-tos since it’s close to home. Love access to the water. Sites are big and most have plenty of woods between them to block neighbors. Amazing how it can be so quiet with so many people around. Love!!

Cool place to explore

We had a great weekend camping here with our cub scouts in the Shinleaf group camping area. We had about 40 people and had plenty of room to spread out over three camping sites, Osprey Nest, Blue Heron and Bootleg point. The bathrooms were within easy walking distance. Lots of shade to put tents up under. Plenty of picnic tables and fire rings. The Park Rangers came by a few times and we bought some firewood from them. They were very friendly and helpful.

The area is cool to explore, there are several points on the lake you can easily hike to. There are boaters who use the lake mostly during day, even a few at 6:30am!

We even found a cool Northern watersnake eating a fish on the shoreline.

Overnight stay was nice

We stayed here on our way to the beach and on the way home to SC. The campground is huge and the sites are big and separated by lots of trees. We had a site on the lake with water and power only, there aren't any full hookups to my knowledge but there are well maintained dump stations and trash cans everywhere. It was a great campground for an overnight visit would like to spend more time at a later date.

Beauty, peace, and quiet

I spent a night at the primitive campsite right before new years and enjoyed it immensely. It was forecasted to be rainy and had been raining for a couple of days prior. The park was absolutely gorgeous and secluded feeling (probably thanks to the rain!) The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful and provided plenty of info. The campsite had a bench and firepit. The site itself was off the trail a bit allowing it to be more secluded feeling. Overall, I loved it and will be going back. I hope to take a fishing rod with me next time as I have heard decent things about fishing there.

Loved it!

I visit White lake every year for vacation but this year we decided to add in a camping trip. We decided to check out Camp Clearwater. I did read bad reviews here & there but I wanted to give them a shot. And I’m glad I did! I had such an amazing experience here! Everyone was so nice and down to earth! I will definitely be back!😊

So much to do !! Fun activities all the time!

I love it here I can relax or keep busy with all the fun activity! The atmosphere is friendly and fun! The pool the hot tub , volleyball, game room and well stocked store! Bands on weekend crafts golf cart rentals!

Good Campground for RVing but not so much for Tent Camping

This campground is one of the two listed at Falls Lake State Recreation Area, and I chose it because of its good reviews. The“primitive” area is Loop C, which means it does not have water or electricity at the sites. However, the sites do have picnic tables and lantern hangers. There are no designated tent pads, but you are instructed to set your tent up on the gravel. Unfortunately, the campground has flooding problems in the Loop C sites when it rains, and it started raining after I set up my tent. After thirty minutes of rain, my tent was standing in at least an inch of water, and there was nowhere else to move it. I ended up abandoning my tent to stay in the back of my SUV. The next morning, I looked at the other sites in Loop C, and they were also flat, which meant that it didn’t matter which site I chose. That is one of only two drawbacks that I saw in this campground. The other drawback was the nose from jets overhead from the RDU International Airport. It wasn’t noticeable at night(that may have been because of the pouring rain and the thunder), but during the morning, it was constant. My advice is not to stay in Loop C if it is going to rain. A raised tent pad would have prevented my tent from being flooded. The bath house is especially nice for a state park(state recreation area). The shower doors are a little narrow, except for the handicapped shower, but there is hot water. There are electrical outlets in the bath house as well, which I used to charge my cell phone. Other features about this campground include swimming beaches, a marina, canoe/kayak rentals, at least two fishing piers, a couple of playgrounds, and a store. The Mountains to Sea Trail passes through this park, and there are several other short trails as well. Overall, this campground is pretty good if you are in an RV or if you are in a tent and it is not going to rain.

Put it on your list

Clean, quiet, and affordable. Pool, laundry, pond, full hookups. Friendly staff. Save this site

Nice pond

Nice fishing pond. Well off the road.

At the airport

A short walk to good eating, and nice airfield. Very limited number of sites, no more than 20 at the most. Most look long term.

Nice get away

No grill, limited camp store. Propane on site, friendly staff.

Primitive Canpinf site #65

Drive-in site long enough to accommodate a long camper. Non-electric site. It’s a fairly flat site and is about 100 feet from water’s edge and is directly across from a boat launch on the other side of the campsite’s shore line. This part of the lake is a finger branch cove, so it’s not directly on the main lake, which makes swimming nice. There is a small sandy beach front for chairs and observation.

Fun and educational

So much fun to camp here. They had a controlled burn of the Holly Hill Loop In February. It was really neat and educational to see the charred bottoms of the trees. The lake is beautiful and great for kids. We will be going back!

LAZY RIVER

The trails are nice and short, not too much room for extra exploration. Best advice is there are some big rocks in the river at various locations that you can lay on and take a nap. Super comfy and the water is also pretty shallow. Great place to get wet. Never camped here before, only day trips.

Hike-in primitive camping

Not crowded, nice selection of trails, plenty of fishing on the Cape Fear, woodland creatures abound.

Awesome trails

Haven't camped here but the trails are long and from easy to moderate. A bit packed on the weekends but if you go early it's easy to get parking

Fantastic underused sites

Fantastic sites with community showers and toilets in loop c where we stayed poop a and b have electric and water at each site. Lots of easy hiking trails , fishing piers , playgrounds , picnic areas and swimming beaches . You can also get to the water with a quick stroll through the woods.

Great Place

Family friendly, swimming, fishing, close to stores if needed, very clean and well maintained.

Nice

Stayed here a few times for over nighters. Nice big sites nice pool area friendly people

So Much Adventure

The camp site was great. I had a pull thru site that provided more than enough space. Two cars and a camper could easily park in the drive, while a pop-up shelter and a tent also had plenty of space to not feel overly crowded. The swim beach was a half mile hike away through the mountain to sea trail. I opted out of swimming on July 4th due to crowding, but the next day was perfect. Soft sand covered the beach and warm yet comfortable water temperatures allowed for a refreshing dip or just relaxing on a float. The fishing piers were great too. The public access one had a bit of wear, but that didn’t stop a variety of fish from biting. We also watched graceful herons and playful aquatic turtles hunting for there dinner as we fished. The marina looked fabulous, but due to pop up storms we didn’t get to launch our kayaks. The bath houses were reasonably clean for a holiday weekend. Park rangers regularly monitors the site, so we felt very safe. I would recommend this location to anyone who loves adventure.

Its the small things that count

The trees in the area make the area just cooler camped outside not an issue cool in the day chilly at night, trash was taken care of twice a day, bath area were taken care of i like that there were showers and bath rooms were in the same area but were separate being on different sides, staff was nice let us go through find a site and stay, a little pricey but it was a electric site and its a park service camp ground will stay again

Mud hole, the site we had was under water after a light rain and didn’t dry

There is a lot of workers staying here and they are right next door to us

Things go missing

Owners are mean

I loved the campground itself. It was quiet, small, no activities tho and clean. But the only interaction the male owner had w me, is he yelled at me twice. Once my dog got out of camper by accident and I immediately picked him up and apologized. The woman (Cathy) owner was nice and all was forgiven. But the male owner couldn’t realize it was an accident and my dog was out for less then 2 sec. I immediately got him and put him in rv. Every time the man came around.. he never looked friendly or happy. Always w a frown and grumpy. The next time, my autistic grandson went into the bathroom and he broke the toilet dispenser.. instead of us not saying anything and let them discover it, I felt it was a Christian thing to do is admit he did it and offer to pay for it… even tho the company who supplies that dispenser gives them away free w the toilet paper order (my husband works w same company at his job and knows them well) the man proceeded to yell at me. Then threatened to call the cops to have us removed… I asked Why? Cuz we offered to pay for something our grandchild broke? The man is crazy and would NEVER come here again. Accidents happen, and it was probably something wrong w dispenser in the first place… who knows, but he is not a people person AT ALL!