The best GROUP camping near
Mannsville , NEW YORK

Most Recent Mannsville Camping Reviews
Great family place

Nice spots in loop c. Loop a is quite open. Nice overall.

Perfect for Thanksgiving

I headed up to Wellesley Island state park for the long Thanksgiving weekend with three teenagers (one girl and two boys). We rented cottage A, which was clean, spacious, warm and fully stocked with everything we needed. The fire pit outside was the only disappointment as it was well below ground level (on a sloping hill) so tending the fire was a difficult process and cooking on it was challenging. The Nature Center was open and lovely and every Saturday (even in off season) they organize hikes. The park itself was incredible - highly recommend the Eel Bay trail, which will take you past the glacial potholes a d along the striking coastline. We also checked out the North end of the park, near the marina and will probably go back in the summer and rent a cabin over there. There’s a store, laundromat and arcade, but all were closed either due to the time or year, or covid. Litter is a problem throughout the park which is really sad. We did our best to clean up what we could, but someone should organize a clean up, especially because lots of it must make it’s way into the St Lawrence :( The staff we met were all really friendly and helpful. The towns surrounding the park are economically struggling and we had to drive quite far to find a grocery store that was open. All restaurants within a 20 minute drive were closed for the season. We’ll definitely be back!

Had a great weekend

Had a great time tent camping. Very clean and people were friendly. Also had great price for firewood at the camp shop.

unclean, sites on top of each other

This campgrounds is used by my family and friends for years for a fishing tournament.  I don't often attend but I did this year.  The bathrooms didn't look clean at all.  At best, they look like they are cleaned weekly.  The toilet seats looked like they were stained from lack of proper cleaning.  The showers looked grimy as well.

Rip-off

*If you like RV resorts and places where people drive around in golf carts, disregard my review, you will  probably love this place

OK, I hadn't planned to stay in an RV resort, but was unpleasantly surprised to find that the two nearby state parks I had hoped to stay at were not accepting campers without reservations in September 2020.  So I was kind of desperate for a place to stay after a long drive.

So I found this place nearby.  They gave me a tent spot for $70 (?!).  About 10 yards to the next campsite in either direction, zero privacy, although luckily all the other tent sites were empty, because I was the only tent camper fool enough to stay here.  The campsite was also right on a road, with vehicles and golf carts whizzing by all the time.

The place is really more of a cottage/mobile home community, although there were also some RVs while I was there.

The only reason I've given this place two stars instead of one is that it is on Lake Ontario, although of course don't expect to see the lake from your over-priced tent site.  They also don't allow dogs on the beach.

Probably the worst-value, and worst, place I've ever stayed, for what I was looking for.  Again, if you like RV resorts, please disregard my review, you'll probably love it.

Great spot for the night!!

We had a waterfront hookup ! So pretty especially in the morning with the sunrise. The road to get in was for the most part well taken care of. It was pretty quiet especially after quiet hours everyone was very respectful. It got really windy at night which was nice to keep the bugs away. Friendly neighbors as well. There’s a few steps down to a gravel beach and an expansive view of the delta lake. There were bathrooms in the middle of our loop which was great and easy to walk to and it was very clean. There is a water full station when you enter but there are also a couple water spigots in our loop.

Gorgeous park to explore a natural gorge!

Whitaker park is such a fabulous place to spend a picnic day or stay for a few! Wide open flat fields for kickball or baseball and a view of the Adirondack foothills, spread out a blanket and read, play on the jungle gym or cook a great lunch on the grills at the pavilion.

Clean bathrooms with showers, sites for tents and rv’s, and a breathtaking trail to overlooks and waterfalls.

Big campground with plenty to do

This campground is massive and the park is beautiful. We stayed in the C loop at site # The site was large enough to fit our 27’ camper and had ample room off the side for entertaining. (We were able to set up 2 canopies, have our awning fully extended, set up a 6 person tent, an area for the kids to play on and area for corn-hole). This site has electric hookups. There is a water Spicket near by but you need at least 150’ worth of hose to reach it. Just a short walk from the campsite you’ll find a pleasant little cove-like beach. Within the park you’ll find a general store that offers laundry, soft serve ice cream and an arcade, a beach for swimming, a large marina, and even a nature museum (which has fantastic walking trails near by) Each loop seems to have their own unique playground which are large and well built. Off the island we visited 2 wineries (the Thousand Islands Winery and Coyote Moon Winery)

Great location offering both sunrise and sunsets over the water of Lake Ontario. Loved the access to the water for our dogs to swim and for beautiful views. Our site backed up to the water and although it was windy they thought ahead and built the fire pit up to block it. Our site was a little narrower than others based on our proximity to a corner, but we still loved it.

Awesome waterfront View

Met up with rv friends and stayed in a cottage. Guaranteed waterfront view.