About Lake Taghkanic State Park
Hike In
Lake Taghkanic State Park is located in New York
2 Reviews of Lake Taghkanic State Park
Platforms great for groups and inclement weather

This was our second time coming to this campground and our second time getting dumped on by the rain, but have no fear!! The platforms kept us off the ground and were helpful in setting up appropriate tarp protection! The lake is gorgeous and there are plenty of nearby hikes for exploring. Wish I would have brought my fishing pole.

Good for family car camping

Great beach, 5 minute drive from campgound. Clean facilities, with a rec room for rainy days. A camp store with all the supplies you might have forgotten.

One caveat: beware of site G006. The grill at the fire pit is upside down, so it doesn't hold level above the fire. Impossible to use. I had to MacGuyver it with a large rock and wedge the grill into place, and then level it with a log. We were lucky that I was able to find these things, otherwise we would have been cooking on our single stove that night. Also, this site was downwind, so occasionally was in the cloud of septic stench.

My advice would be to take the sites on the hill, nearest to the bathrooms, as all these sites seemed to be generally very well maintained.