The best WALK IN camping near
Anguilla , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Anguilla Camping Reviews
More a long term facility

I am not sure if this is truly a campground. It’s very convenient to the Vicksburg National Military Park and I20. However the place seems to be geared to long-term permanent residents.

Great stopping place

This place is easy… pretty and cheap.  I'm near a decent sized pool the kids have enjoyed. A big pond with little fishing boats and ducks. There are beautiful flowers and trees. I think they allow horses but I didnt venture too far.

Spectacular views of the mighty Mississippi River.

Several of Warfield’s campsites are literally river front. There is a nice boat ramp on the river.

Good place to stay if you want to see the sites in Vicksburg

Of the 3 campgrounds in the Vicksburg area that we viewed, Ameristar RV Resort park was the best.

The lady in the cg office was pleasant and helpful. Gave us a discount for being a Good Sam member. The office is only open from 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. & the pool closes when the office does. You can check in at the hotel front desk after hours. There is shuttle service to the casino and they will pick you up and drop you off at your site.

The sites are all pull-thru and full hookup,  but most are fairly unlevel. Cable tv is available at each site.

The bathrooms and showers are clean and modern. There is no bench to put your things on, but hooks and a towel bar are available. There is also a clean and modern laundry room.  Wifi is available at the office.

There is a short steep grade getting down to the cg.

Avoid at all costs as it looks like it lost the battle

I would give this campground less than 1 star if possible.  We did not stay here, but drove through the campground on 8-4-2019.
The campground and motel appear to cater to those who would otherwise be homeless. The RV's that are in the cg are old, dilapidated with blue tarps on some of the roofs and junk and garbage outside many of the RV's. The sites are small and the hookups are questionable.

It is sad that this cg that is so close to the Battlefield is in such a state of disrepair.

Cute & quaint

The people were lovely and helpful. The place was definitely big enough for everyone who is there, site size is fine. If arriving late just know it is minimally lit and the sites are not numbered. For us it took a great deal of time figuring out where we were supposed to be. There is no late arrival staff so we kind of had to just give in and put the tent up wherever we could after circling around. That’s just circumstantial though, arriving during daylight hours could solve that. I have a 3 star review for the conditions of the shower/bathroom combos. There are three of them. All three of them were dirty and smelled heavily of cigarette smoke with very little ventilation. There wasn’t any sign that said don’t smoke inside so I wouldn’t rate this place as very kid friendly. Not safe for children as of now. Fine for adults though.

Close to Casino

Affiliated with the casino. Inexpensive with full hookups. Pet friendly and people friendly.  Some full timers but a nice place. Transportation to and from casinos provided.

Close to Battlefield park

Close to Battlefield Park was the best thing. Sites were okay but road around park not good. Not what I would call family friendly. We just stayed for a place to sleep.

Good location

This was a great location if wanting to camp near the Vicksburg National military park. We walked to the park. Very few tent spots and most were in disrepair. The bathrooms were ok, they tried to keep them clean. The staff was friendly. Lots of highway noise, lots of noise from the permanent residents and their dogs. No wifi, no water.

Nice, quiet, peaceful

I loved this campground. Not a lot of activities but well kept, fairly small. Very friendly people running it. Loved watching the ducks and geese get fed in morning.Would recommend this campground. Sits in a reservoir. Very pretty area