The best GROUP camping near
Mizpah , MINNESOTA

Most Recent Mizpah Camping Reviews
Nice place to chill out

Little hard to find. It is on Stony Point Camp Road NW. It is 13 miles NE of Walker, MN on Leech Lake. Very nice campground. Electricity, dump station, nice showers, water, boat landing and fish cleaning shed. Be careful with water as a lot of the faucets are not potable. Just a few potable and they are marked so pay attention. We parked across from a potable but didn’t want people driving on hose so put a little in fresh water tank and rolled hose up. A large Pusher will have trouble but I seen people doing it. People are friendly and quiet. Camp sites are large with lots of large trees, a little on the rustic side which is what I look for. I would stop again. Campground dismissed maintaining August 2019 due to virus and lack of help. Showers closed. I would check ahead of time. Sadly this is happening nation wide due to the virus.

Good but semi crowded and expensive

We liked this campground but it was a bit expensive due to the entry fee for the state park we had to pay for. It would have been a daily fee if we had stayed multiple days.

Remote and Absolutely Gorgeous

This state park is in my top favs. It’s quiet and remote and there’s a lot to explore. We stayed at a remote watercraft site, accessible only by water so that was thrilling!

The landscape here is fun, with the huge peninsula jutting out into the lake, makes for fun canoeing/kayaking with many little areas to explore, and a couple little islands!

The site itself had a rustic log shelter built in it overlooking the lake, very cool.

The Chase Point peninsula is a great hike and has a little boat landing area at the tip of it to so you can start from either end.

Scooped out Chase Point campground though we didn’t stay in it - sites spaced well, quite wooded. Water and toilets spaced out well too, very accessible from anywhere in the park.

Very cool feature is the little boardwalk with docks along Coon lake and campground edge - makes for easy access to park your kayak or canoe and just a fun little morning walk or place to view sunset over the lake. So charming!

Scenic is definitely the word to describe this park!

Backpack campsite 1

Was hear earlier in summer—not in October as review date states.

Easy 1.5-2 mile hike in. Bring big spray as mosquitos can be bad

There is a bear locker, pit toilet, and a shelter on site. This site is very private.

There is no real way to get down to the pond at the bottom of the camp site.

The trails here are nice for hiking but they aren’t extensive and won’t keep you entertained long. The real reason to come here is for water sports on the main lake. Unfortunately during Covid the rentals weren’t available.

Bring a saw to get firewood—you don’t want to lug the wood on with ya.

Need bug spray

This would’ve been a great campground right on the lake but the mosquito were horrible. There was no amount of bug spray to help.

Quiet lakeside camping

Electric sites, central water spigot at entrance. Dump station and water fill in Northome ($10). Fishing dock and boat launch. A lot of mosquitoes during our July stay.

Clean and quiet

We stayed just one night on our way across country. It was mid-week so very quiet and not packed full. The majority of the sites are open and level but not much shade or privacy to be had. The check-in lady was pleasant and accommodating and we were escorted to our site by her husband. We used their laundry room which was very modern and clean, machines take quarters only, no change machine so take care of that when you are in the store/office checking in. The bathrooms and showers were very clean, and cutely decorated with someone’s beautiful artwork of flowers, a nice touch. We would go back if in the area again, but would try for a site that has some trees. You can tell that they work hard to keep the place clean, attractive and friendly.

Pretty good

Not a terrible place to camp. Great amenities and care taken to clean bathrooms and showers. Walk in tent site was large enough to accommodate a 10x18 tent easily. Raccoons are smart enough to open coolers and non latching totes. Mosquitoes will also sweep you off around 9pm even with bug spray.

Quiet Campground In The Middle Of The Forest

I saw the sign for a campground on the road and I thought I check it out. It's a campground by a lake with a hiking trail, pit toilettes, and boat launch.

People come here off-roading, fishing, boating, and hunting.

I was visiting in September, Labor day weekend, and half of the sites were empty. I got a really nice, large spot on the lake. It's a primitive campground, with no any sort of electricity or even garbage service. First come first serve, there is an envelope stand at the entrance.

Depending on what way you are coming from, you have to drive a few miles on gravel forest roads. It's not bad though.

I did try the trail that goes around the lake, it's about 3.5 miles long. It goes through the forest mainly, not a very exciting trail, very easy. There is a place where you can walk on the bog and sit down on a bench for a nice view. That was the pretty part.

So many mosquitos though, you better spray yourself before going on the hike. I forgot and bugs were chasing me. I couldn't stop at all, I was rushing through the trail.

Overall, a nice National Forest Campground, quiet it's perfect for an outdoorsy weekend.

I had a strong AT&T signal, enough to run Netflix and do online surfing.

Little Gem By A Lake Completely Empty

I was driving by and I saw a CAMPGROUND sign, so I thought I check it out. It is labor day weekend and it is completely empty. There is self-check-in with an envelope, there are only 13 sites electric. I believe the other side is better for tents. It's right on a small lake with a boat ramp, you can kayak here.

I am completely shocked to find this little gem, it was not on any map, that is why I believe it is empty. It belongs to the town Northome.

They have a nightly price which is $14 and a weekly price is $70 for seven nights. The sites are kind of closed to one another but since it was empty, I had it all for myself.