The best RV SITES camping near
Gary , MINNESOTA

Most Recent Gary Camping Reviews
Good place for newbie

I would have giving this place a 3 star as there isn't much to see here except the fair grounds when there is something going on, however this is a good place to do a practice run for newbies. It is only a few miles from Outlet Recreation also which can be handy if you need something from an RV dealer.

Not the best

First off there really aren't very many spots for a camper and from what I've seen for such a nice and semi large park and at least half of the are on a steep incline.

Clean, cute and well located

This was an overnight while on a cross country trip. Even though the site is close to highway, it felt like we were in a more isolated campsite. The campsite was clean and shady. There is a swimming pool (closed for season) that looked like a nice place with a sandy bottom. There was a playground and some walking trails. I would stay here again. Bathrooms very clean.

Convenient, clean, and nice

The north campground loop is more RV-oriented, while the smaller south loop attracts the tents. The sites are fairly close together but those on the outside of the south loop have some vegetation to separate them so they feel reasonably private. Nice bathroom facilities, including an outdoor dishwashing sink, perfect for the COVID year. Several nice hiking opportunities leaving directly from the campground. This was one of the buggier campgrounds we experienced during our August trip, though. In all, a nice campground but nothing so special that you need to go far out of your way for it.

Great little campsite

This is a very well kept camping area. The sites are nicely situated. We stayed in the tent are (#39) and were very private from our right and left neighbors but others are directly across from us. The bathhouse is newer and extremely clean. Yes, the mosquitos are plentiful but it is because the woods and river which also make this place nice. Our only complaint was the nearby train traffic that came through all night. Definitely would use this as a stopover again.

It's In A Small Town, Perfect For A Night

I was driving this way and I needed a place to stay overnight. I found this campground on Google, and added to Dyrt. It's in a small town called Fosston.

Nothing special about this, it's not a place to stay for multiple nights but it's great for an overnight.

There is a self-check-in, electric hookups and there is a dumpsite and water at the end of the campground. The price in 2020 September is $5 for a tent and $16 for RVs.

It's quiet enough but you will hear road noise.

I don't use public showers or toilettes but there was one.

AT&T and T-mobile reception both slow but manageable.

Potential for 5 stars

This place is lovely. It would be especially nice if you had kids to entertain. There is plenty to do here. Bathrooms are clean. We had three small issues. The first issue could have been a big problem but because the park was pretty empty it wasn’t. The very friendly lady that made our reservation got my name, phone number, date of arrival and price all wrong! Perhaps she has dyslexia? It all worked out because the park wasn’t full but if you book here check all the details a few times. The wi-fi password was given to us but we kept getting the error message that the word-fi was unavailable. The only other thing that was annoying was at 5 am I thought someone was mowing the lawn. Turned out be someone was driving around the park in a vehicle that sounded like a lawnmower. It wasn’t a very big vehicle and it had yellow lights on it. Maybe some kind of city vehicle? No more sleep after that. Oh well we got an early start out of there because it woke us up.

Overnight Quiet Stay

Overnight stop! We stayed on outside by prairie and the quietness, and beautiful wildflowers are great! A train goes by in the distance every few hours! Not bad! Reminds us of home..

Good roadside stop

Small, clean city campground. Decent bathroom/shower facilities. Electric sites share a pedestal between two sites, so think about which side you want to be on when you reserve on RA.

In the morning (6:30 am) we were met with a questionable hustler that didn’t appear to have a place reserved, moved to three different sites, and approached us with numerous mechanical and other questions (“How do I plug in my camper? Do you have an extra fuse? How much does a fuse cost?”. Not sure what that was about, but keep your guard up (always).

Wow- this gem was discovered

Talk about a nice hideaway! We found this site Googling free campsites. It is not free it is $15 a night with full hookups! 50amps! My wife and I were so happy to find this place tucked away in the town of Hendrum, MN.

I only took away a star since the facilities are closed and the mosquitos are vicious! There is only room for about 3-4 campers so call in advance for a spot! It is well worth it!