Fisher , MINNESOTA

14 Reviews1 Campground
Top Dispersed Campground near Fisher Minnesota

Most Recent Fisher Camping Reviews
October 2020

I needed to scout what Turtle River looked like before I pull my travel trailer there in Spring. Here is what I found.

Nice flat pull through campgrounds. Easy electrical outlets with breakers. Water outlets are off for winter. Plenty of bathrooms Septic is drive through may be tricky to get in with large trailer. Gas stations are about 5 miles east of park. With Subway and Dairy Queen. Lots of big trees, cleared enough for campers, but watch for widow makers. Nice and playful dog park. Cabins are basic and look warn. Park Manager going to fix up next year. As all state parks, under staffed. 2020 was record high for campers in park. Beautiful however the lake in entrance will not be seen in campgrounds. Nice flat spaces for tent camping. Very clean. Well groomed. Fire pits BBQs everywhere. Plenty of places to explore. Lots of trails. Friendly staff. Dogs aloud in park as long as on lease except in the dog park of course. Lots of wildlife during certain times of year. No dangerous wildlife or reptiles. Fishing aloud certain time of year. No hunting = good Firewood at main entrance. No snack machines seen?

Very nice place all in all to visit for a week or weekend.

Stayed here on our family vacation to various state parks in ND. Although, this was a nice place, it was the bottom in our list of places we visited. No swim beach - we ended up going over to Larimore Dam rec area, which was awesome!! Had some geocaches, but TONS of poison ivy!!!! Even had sprouts if it in our mowed campsite! We were careful & nobody got it. Had a scavenger hunt while we were there, which was a nice way to explore a bit. Nice trails.

Event weekends can be crowded

This would be an interesting park for birders, and as some other reviewers have said it is like an oasis in the prairie, a forested enclave. The interpretive staff at the visitors center are enthusiastic, the river is good for fishing, and there are a lot of trails. It is a good get-away for folks who live in the Grand Forks area. Unfortunately, we were there on an event weekend—“Halloween in July” which meant the campsites were jam packed for the weekend with people eager to be costumed ghouls and do various tricks and treats. RVs were jam packed in, as were the tent sites, and even the hike-in campsites seemed crowded. It was also very buggy which is probably to be expected in a lowland with wetlands. One great appeal was a really great dog park! One if the nicest I’ve seen, and surprising that there would be one in a state park. For fans of winter recreation, this is apparently a hotspot for skiing and snowshoeing, and I can see coming back for that. But probably not for camping in the summer, possibly in the fall when less buggy and less crowded

Great park for basic camping.

Modern camping which is for RV’s only have power and water at sites. But the tent sites are very big and restrooms are never far. Showers were spotless smelled great and HOT water. Well staffed and polite and take pride in their work. They have wood and Ice available at the center.

Primitive Site 88

My girls and I had a great day and night at TRSP. Tons of trails for biking and hiking. Some of the biking was too hilly for my 7 year old though. Our campsite was #88 which was a great spot. Nice and secluded along the river. I didn’t bring a cart though so we had to wall back and forth from the parking lot since it isn’t a full drive in site. There weren’t any carts available to bring your stuff to your site. I will know better next time. Very quiet overall but you could hear traffic at night on Hwy 2. There is also perfect trees for hanging your hammock. Will love to come back this winter for snowshoeing for sure and again for camping!

Hikers Paradise!

Such a well maintained park! There are so many trails to explore. Great shelters all over the park as well as rental cabins.

An Oasis in a Wasteland

This campground is gorgeous, and they have plenty of hiking trails all around the park. It is reasonably priced to camp here, and it is never crowded!

Beautiful State Park

Turtle River State park has beautiful mature ash trees for a nice shady camp spot. There are numerous sites with water and electricity with central location shower houses. The camp sites are large, level and secluded.There are lovely wide trails for biking and hiking and a river runs through the park. There are also walk-in sites, cabins and open tenting sites.

Great place

Great state campground. friendly staff and super programs for the family by the naturalist. our family loves the place!

Turtle River

looking to get away from the flat land of North Dakota? This park is where to be. Lots of great trails with some awesome views.