Camping in Blue Grass

257 Reviews of 102 Blue Grass, Minnesota Campgrounds

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2021

Passing Through

My visit was mid-week, mid-summer and merely passing through. The staff was wonderful and the area clean and picked-up. That said, the campground probably has 20% more trailers in place than need be. Over-crowded. While it didn’t matter to me as I was passing through, and most other RVs were…

SiteForget. Near the beach.
Lisa Z.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2021

Very nice state campground

This campground has a upper and lower loop for camping. The lower is on the lake and the upper is more in the trees. The lower has a pretty view and is right on the lake but the sites are pretty close together. There seems to be a little more space in the upper loop but there is no view of the lake…

Month of VisitOctober
Russell S.
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Awesome camping!

This campground has to be one of the best privately owned hidden gems. This place is a family camping dream. I can’t wait to go back another time.

Russell S.
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Family fun!!

We introduced our youngest to camping at this campground. It’s a crazy story. In summary you couldn’t ask for a better first time family campground as far as my sons first camping experience lol well I’m surprised he doesn’t deeply hate camping. Everything that could of went wrong did including…

David G.
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2021

Beautiful spot

Good spot close to Walker MN. Site location does matter. Waterfront sites are amazing we stay on the back side away from the beach. Well maintained and quiet.

Month of VisitOctober
Beth D.
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2021

5 Nights 5 Stars - Minnesota Bucket List

One of the Greatest MN State Parks - put it on your list!  I'll try to keep comments brief here, but pictures/descriptions plentiful.  We chose Bear Paw campground to be walkable to the water.  Highly recommend Site 2 for nice privacy, walkable proximity to water, close to pit toilet and extra…

• setting up at Bear Paw #2.  Tight, but was perfect in the end.  Maybe the most private drive in site in Bear Paw -- fishhouse/parking to the south.  Extra wooded "lot" to the North.  Woods to the East.  Drive entry to the West was across from bigger RV sites, but we felt tucked away!
  • Sunset over one of the lake views down a little trail on the West side of Bear Paw camp.  Fires in Canada made the air super hazy in July 2021.
  • Info near the bike trail on the West side of Bear Paw camp.
SiteSite 2, Bear Paw
M
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2021

Great park with lots for hiking

This was a great campground. We stayed in site 77e, this was semi wooded. The bathrooms and water spigot were near the campsite. There are a lot of great hiking and walking trails. The walking trail from the campground will bring you to the headwaters.

Site77e
SThe Dyrt PRO User

Great beach

I’m giving this a 4 because it has a long strip of a beach but spaces are close. Lots of boats on the beach! . Fairly clean. Our neighbors kids have lots of toys all over.

All in all it’s very busy with lots of activity.

• Long Lake Campground Beach
  • jet ski fun!!
    Play button icon
  • Beach Menegerie!
PThe Dyrt PRO User

My Favorit

We had a full h u Campsite the pool was beautifull and the Biketrail near by the RV park . A very good Restaurant nearby . From the Campground to Walker City 4 Miles We come back

PThe Dyrt PRO User

Beautifull campground

The campground is very quiet and clean . Biking on the Paul Bunyan Biketrail amazing

Site7 E
C
Reviewed Aug. 20, 2021

Peaceful and Beautiful

I stayed at BP#5, just on McKay Lake. It was beautiful and peaceful. The site is small. I had trouble finding space for my 4-man tent. There was no space for table and couldn't find a greatly spaced set of trees for a hammock. I was able to pitch very close to the fire pit (almost on top of it),…

• Evening view from the site
  • Neighbors on the lake
  • The only fish in the lake
SiteBP5
TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2021

Perfect August Evening

Stayed at site #2, which is one of the more private sites. Spacious, picnic table and fire ring, several set of trees suitable for hammocks. Vault toilet a few steps away, flush toilets and showers a short walk away. Did a small amount of hiking, but there are extensive trails. Breathtaking views…

E
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2021

Nice Family Friendly Camping

got here on a saturday and was too late to go home, there was one spot left, it gets really quiet around 10 pm. did a little shore fishing, they have some nice bluegill here.

L
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2021

Hungry man campground

Nice primitive campground with vault toilet,water pump, swimming spot with dock.

Sitesite 4