Adams, MINNESOTA

Most Recent Adams Camping Reviews
Clean friendly quiet

Clean shower free wood staff is friendly

Very nice, convienent stop off the highway

The staff were very friendly on arrival. Allowed us to pick a preferred spot which is nice. They had a small pool that was to chilly for me but my kids still gave it a shot!!
The restrooms were very clean and the property was well maintained. I would definitely stop here for the evening again if I was driving through.

Friendly RV park

Nice rv park with flexible departure times for Mayo Clinic appointments. The only down fall in the park is they don't allow campfires at the sites. There is a community campfire that can be used. The restrooms and showers are licked on the weekends

Very Nice!!

Very nice campground!! The area has lots to do.

Lovely Campsite

We were passing through and needed a place to camp for the night. The camp hostess was so friendly and helped us get a perfect camp spot for our needs. Very quiet and clean. Wish we could have stayed longer.

Nothing crazy special, well kept sites

I was there on a Monday and was the only tent around. Site 15 is the best for tent sites, it’s right at the delta of where two streams meet. It’s a quick bike ride to pulpit rock brewing and other parks.

Very fun for kids

This is a nice park with a lot of activities for kids including a pool and jumping pad. The main park of the campground has people packed in pretty close. There a some spots that are more expensive with more space. I thought this place was a little high priced in general.

Great Stop Over

We got there right after a major thunderstorm that took out a lot of trees so the place looked ragged but it was a nice place.

The Internet was good.  It was a typical KOA and everything was kept up and clean.

They did have a $1 Sunday when we got there which was fun Ice Cream and topping for $1.  Then that night they had movies which was nice.  A great pool and play area for the kids.

Since we drove through the horrible storm we really did not want to get out and explore the area any more so even though it seemed to be great place to stay I don't know what is around the area.

I do know the people were friendly and nice and even after a major storm like that they were cleaning up and getting everything back to normal.

We will be coming back here as we cross MN again.

Hiking Great - Camping OK

The campsite we stayed at was OK. Very close to neighbors and they were loud. Not much privacy but I am used to hike-in sites so that may be wear my feelings are steming from. MN Hiking Club Trail was very nice. Get ready to have wet feet though! There are two water bridge crossings and the waters were high when we were there.

Beautiful park

Campsites are beautiful, each one seems to have unique qualities. We stayed in site 42, it didn’t seem to have very much privacy. I was also hoping for a view of the river but I couldn’t see it from the site. We found a dream catcher in the trees, so we made another one to leave. The tent sites along the river are amazing! Each one has a path down to the river. Site 69 has a private beach and it’s deep enough to swim in. For being a stocked river, we didn’t get a single bite all weekend. I only saw 1 person actually catch a single fish. We did a couple trails while we were there. It says Chimney Rock has “over 100 step” I think it’s 199 each way! We tried using the campground’s GPS units but couldn’t figure them out. Others said the same thing. We drove through the newer campground Minneiska, the pictures online made it look bare, but it was beautiful! It was a prairie full of wild flowers! The trees were newer but old enough to still create shade. There was an abundance of staff always driving around yet there was a bathhouse that had clogged up toilets all weekend long. There is also ZERO cell phone reception. Whether that is a plus or a minus, that’s up to you.

Quiet and secluded

Very quiet and secluded state park. Comfortable and rustic.

The best weekend camping so close to home!

Chimney Rock Campground was exactly what this Family needed for our first camping trip! We stayed in the upper C campground, every spot is spread far apart for privacy. Yes there was music and people partying I have read people complain in other reviews, but it was done at a decent time and what do you expect? we have all been there and done that and they were done before midnight and silence the rest of the night! We rented canoes and went on a four hour trip but next time we will Deff go on a longer canoe trip and leave earlier. The scenery and the clear water on the river and we went fishing and caught one after the other. We cannot complain about one single thing from our weekend getaway close to home and will be back very very soon.

Great staff!

Fun tubing! Campers are able to sit in the river and “help” tubers along :)

Great staff

We didn’t camp at this campground but we visited for the lazy river tubing. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We arrived just before the last lazy river trip started, the staff was clear that we would only get one trip down the river and we were fine with that. The tubes were in great shape, river was a little high but clear of fallen limbs ( for the most part) the woman who drove the bus to pick us up was amazingly friendly, you could tell she loved her job and it made you feel happy to be around her! Everyone had a blast, we will definitely go back!

Whitewater Hiking and Fishing

This park has a lot to offer in terms of hiking!  Many, many miles of trials from flat prairies, to rocky bluffs, to dirt wooded.  And some excellent views from the blufftops! We plan on going in the fall again to take in the colors!  Beautiful trout fishing river running through the park, even has a swimming beach!

Overall a wonderful park to day-hike, fish, and camp in!

Whitefox Campground

This campground has a TON of sites!  There are close to 60 sites in all, about a third to half of those are electric sites.  If you like open spaces, this is a wonderful place to camp.

Beautiful, clean, and recently updated bathrooms and showers!

So much wildlife to see at this park.  Seeing large groups of deer was a daily/nightly thing!

The park has 20+ miles of hiking trails through prairies, woodlands, and along the lake too!  PLus the park offers geocashing (and free GPS rental), as well as canoes, kayaks, paddle boards, and a small fishing that can be rented!

A lot to offer here!

Clean

Very nice, clean campground with a lot of amenities. Tent camping on the river was neat, but tents were very close together due to the small sites

I love this campground! Clean, well maintained, and the hosts are very friendly. Trail to the beach is clear, the playground has nice, safe equipment for the little kids. Sad that there were so many back up sites over the holiday weekend, would have liked to have been able to camp here. It being full more than a week before the holiday, shows how great it is.

Not my favorite

I prefer Clear Lake State park, but this was ok. We had lots of rain, and the sites got a bit muddy. The beach area was closed due to e-coli. Restrooms were clean, and always stocked.

Lots of room

Pull through sites, bathhouse was clean and showers were individual room with timed lights, motion sensors kept the shower interesting! Got to see turtles laying eggs and deer were all around. Family loved the fishing.

Good for the kiddos, office closes by 6 on weekdays

Pay close attention to times for activities here. Things start late and end early. Lots to do, and good overall. Some tlc is needed (mowing, weeds). Overall we would come back during the week for another fun time.

Decent campground for the price

A decent campground. They have a pool with some water slides, an arcade, some fishing ponds, play equipment, a giant bouncy cushion and a couple of inflatable bouncy houses. My only complaints were that a fair amount of things were out of order and the place wasn’t very clean other than that we had a good time.

Decent campground for the price

Very clean campground

Had a great time at Brookside over the Father’s Day weekend. Met the owners, super nice people. Very clean shower room and restroom. The porta potty by our site needed extra fluid, the owner was on top of it within 10 minutes. Held a bags tournament for all ages to enter and then teams were randomly picked. My partner and I won it. Definitely would go back here.

So beautiful

The lower area of this park is so nice and right near a river. The owners are really nice, bathrooms/showers clean and everybody is friendly.

Big and Beautiful

Great campground. Family and friends get together a must here. Close to the beach, town and the lake has great fish. Reserve early!

Just enough trees

This is a state campground. So as most will know the sites could be better maintained. The bathrooms are updated and nice. When there is heavy rain you will however have your own pond at most sites. I guess you pay for what you get. I love this campground because they are large spots. Close to the beach and fishing is awesome. A big campground but reserve early!

Peaceful and beautiful

I arrived midweek around 8:00 PM and the office was closed. I was tent camping on motorcycle and easily found my site way back on the property. Andy came out to my site in the morning to say hi and ask if anything was needed. He definitley cares about the people staying here. With the gravel roads and very soft grass site, it was easy to manuver a large bike. Out in the tent sites there was very little light, which made star gazing amazing. If it wasn't for the store and well done shower room I would have thought I was in the wilderness especially in the tent area. Great place for quiet midweek, not sure what the weekend is like. The only reason it is not 5 stars is from my site I had to walk out to the field for wifi reception. With no Verizon cell service, not sure if others did, I needed to comunicate with family.

John Carpentier Coon Rapids, MN

Highly recommended family spot

Right off county road and next to the river. The bathrooms and shower facilities are very basic, but the showers are nice and warm. There is a great playground area and a horseshoe pit play area. There is a public access point to the river, adjacent to the park. Lots of big shade trees throughout the camp sites, perfect for hammocks. The spot is very quiet, according to all of our kids. There are electric camp sights camps available. Prices are very reasonable. If you like to wake up and walk a few steps to fish, canoe, paddle board or swim, then this park is a dream come true.

Good place to stop

Sites are decent size, drove in and got a site, no reservation.