Ada, MINNESOTA
Most Recent Ada Camping Reviews
Very Nice Campground

This is an in the city campground that is clean and well maintained. Showers are free and seem to last forever on one push of the button. It’s walking distance close to restaurants, a movie theater and other stores/shops. It’s also set along the Greater Grand Forks greenway with miles of paved bike/walking/jogging paths on both sides of the river. Sites are pretty large and open some more shaded than others but it really seems to be used most by larger motor homes, 5th wheels and travel trailers. If you are a tenter you can camp but you are not going to be out in the secluded woods , you will see your fellow campers and their rigs. The campground is quiet for an in city campground and there is some car/road noise but it’s more like white background noise that really did not intrude on our 3 night stay. If you want a nice campground to spend a few day this is a great spot, if you need privacy and seclusion and miles of wide open wilderness pass it by. Oh and for the kids and young at heart there ice cream truck that travels through a couple times a day/evening…

Small, nice campground

It looks like improvements are underway! We plan on going back when the weather is warmer.

Three seasons of camping

I have camped at Buffalo River State Park at different times. Summer is a very nice time to be there as the park is far enough from city lights to be able to see all the stars in the ski. The trails are well kept. I prefer a camp site with an electric outlet so I can brew my favorite coffee in the morning. That is my one habit. By October the weather is cooler and very nice for camping. Building a fire feels better too after a day of hiking. Cooking a plate of pasta tastes great after a long day.

Easy camping spot

This is a great location if you are just getting into the camping lifestyle. The easy to drive to camp sites and flat geography make it easy to find that perfect spot. If you want to fall asleep and wake up to the sound of running water, you are able to get a site near Buffalo River. If planning on hiking with younger children, the trails around the camp site are very easy as the offer very little elevation change and are very well groomed. The park itself is very pretty all year round whether it's in spring/early summer and seeing the wildflowers and prairie smoke or the fall and the dazzling display of colors.

The great outdoors

So great to get out of Albuquerque and up to Cedar Crest with great views, trees and cooler air. Nice drive to get out of the city and relax

some lots are better than others

Let me start off by saying, this is a picturesque park and campground located in the heart of Fargo with plenty of trails and paths to go around! we were in the A lot. our spot was pretty spacious, but a lot of the spots in this area were pretty tight. the other downside was the proximity to the interstate. this made for a pretty noticeable drone of vehicles. Would recommend staying in the B lot, spots are spaced apart more, facing the river, and are further away from the Interstate. will definitely be back, just in a different part of the campground.

Great day park

We often take our dog here on the weekends for longer, out of city limits walks. The trails are the perfect amount for that purpose and he enjoys the wildlife that hides in the natural prairie fauna. The trails hug the river so there's easy enough access if you wanted to play in the water. You do have to walk through some brush however, so be aware.

The swimming area is wonderful! Less chlorine than you'd ever get exposed to in a public pool and picnic table access with lots of area to picnic.

We have not camped in this park yet.

everything you need in this small park

we love Buffalo River and try to make it out to at least enjoy the trails once a week. it's about a 15 minute drive from Fargo, with a few smaller towns closer for picking up things you may have forgotten.

there are several rv spots and a separate tent section. bathhouse in good condition. trails along and the river and through the prairie. they even have a swimming pond in the summer.

stunning no matter the season

Urban Camping

Nice facilities but very little privacy and shade. Very large playground and pool over the hill from campground as well as many smaller playgrounds throughout the park. HC Trail takes you through town and through a cool tunnel.

Not exactly accommodating

The phone system relies on a return call. They did return the call but I was on the road and missed it. I called back (remember, it's a system, not a person) and told them we were on our way. They did call back and say they had room for us and the site would be there. I called again, with my name and number, and said we were close and would be there. When we arrived the woman didn't recognize my name and dismissively said they were full. She was adamant about us not having a paid reservation. She had not received the message that we were coming in. We ended up driving another four hours (on top of the eight we had already driven) to find another campground that could accommodate us. The park looked nice enough but, based on the non-caring attitude, we will not return to stay.

Basic facilities in Fosston

This campground provides a basic spot to pitch a tent or park an RV. It is not a destination for a great camping vacation , but provides a simple and inexpensive place to stay the night if on a road trip through the area, or if coming to town for a sporting event or to visit someone in town. A few campsites are provided in the town park next to the picnic shelter and alongside the town highway department buildings. Bathrooms are provided in those buildings. The setting is very basic, but clean and provides necessities. A few shops and cafes nearby, recreation options include an inexpensive golf course nearby, and within driving distance to several National wildlife refuges

Decent place to stay near the lake

Not a bad place to stay. Only have electrical hook ups, water fill station available. More or less just a field with power poles in it. We stay every year in July. Nothing fancy, but its near town and we've had pretty good experience with them.

Satisfied

clean campground. bathrooms nice and clean. good water pressure and hot. small playground. near highway and many shopping/ restaurants. train near by, but not bothersome.

Very nice, great man made swimming beach.

This place has a great swimming beach with beautiful tree filled campground.

Old Crossing Park

I would agree with the previous poster, as a campsite this is no great shake. We we where there during the mudweek in July there was only one orher person there so it was quiet, but there was evidence of weekend campers who didn’t practice “Leave no Trace” camping. We bisited this park for historic reasons, due to the important regional treaty signed here and as it was a crossing point on the historic trade route to old Fort Pembina. There is a nice memorial to the treaty event, and it is a nice stopping point if you are following the route of the Pembina Trail. I wouldnt suggest it as a camping destination it snd of itself, but it is ok for camping as as stopover, or it would be good if you planned a couple day trips paddling on the river. It wiuld also be good as a spot for a group canping event, like a family reunion of scouting event, however I dont think you can reserve ahead of time and summertime likely has a lot of day use picnicers on weekends.

Open campground

The campground was pretty open, but it was a fun place. There is a swimming pond close to the campground and some open area to play lawn games. Would go back here!

Huot

Camping is free, no reservations required. The unfortunate side effect, sometimes, is camping around irresponsible campers. Avoid major holidays. Besides that one issue the campsite allows tents and RV's, has latrines, and a boat/canoe launch on the Red Lake River. Each site has a picnic table, fire pit and trash barrel nearby. There are some sites with trees for hammockers.

Alright place to stay outside of city

Very quiet not sure people allow real camping there. Paid way too much for just 8hrs. No alcohol allowed big downfall for campers. Wouldn't stay again.

Nice!

The campground is very nice with all facilities either new or extremely clean and well kept. Overall, I was thrilled with the campground but I honestly didn't care for the Fargo area. There was always a strong smell of sulfur in the air and very little to do. The Roosevelt National Park is a few hours drive away if you are in the area and need some good outdoor entertainment.

Fishing is fantastic

The fishing here is amazing. You can fish right by your camp. The owners are very nice people and helpful for someone that didnt really know the area. I was just passing through but I'm so glad I did!

Well maintained

This place is such a great place to go camping and take the kids. There are showers and bathrooms that are really well kept. As well as a fun little Sandy beach for the kids to play on. There are easy to access boat ramps and docks to go fishing on. This place was well kept and I will definitely be back!

Classic Maple Lake experience

An affordable way to enjoy Maple Lake near Mentor, Minnesota. The park is located on the West side of Maple Lake. A nice sandy swimming beach is nice for the kids for lakeside playing and swimming. Enjoy Maple Lake by boat as you utilize the boat launch and docks. Shower house. Well maintained grounds area.

Nice campground - swimming hole

Nice enough to get away from the city - firewood from the park itself was damp and unlightable.