The best YURTS camping near
Herald Harbor , MARYLAND

Most Recent Herald Harbor Camping Reviews
Peace and quiet amongst the busy city

A small piece of outdoors in the middle of a very bustling city is a great getaway close to home! a melting pot of meeting new people from all over the country visiting the DC area. And easy access to some of the nations best attractions

Quiet Family Fun

What a wonderful place! The resort is spacious, scattered throughout the woods. The RV sites are comfortable with all the amenities. And the customer service is impeccable.

We stayed during a few weekdays in October and we almost had the whole place to ourselves. We staying in one of the cabins, which had 2 beds and a bunk bed, sink and toilet, refrigerator, microwave, dining table and sofa. There was also a front porch with picnic table and fire pit.

Honestly, the beds were not very comfortable and way too small for a couple to sleep in one. It was a VERY dark walk to get to the bathhouse for showers. And the fire pit had no grill, so we ended up having to use the stoves of some RV camping friends for meals. Otherwise the stay was great.

I would strongly recommend camping there in the summer months or during weekends in the shoulder season if you have social kids like mine. There were tons of things to do there for adults and kids alike. The activities — such as putt-putt, jump zone and the playground ended up being kinda boring for them without others to share it with. Obviously that would change with crowds. And advance reservations are a must — this place books up fast!

I would highly recommend staying at Merry Meadows, especially if you have an RV and a group of friends to join you!

Quiet, spacious and heavily wooded sites

We stayed at site D72 for 4 days. The sites are quiet, very spacious, level, and heavily wooded with 50A service, water and sewer hookup. D Loop is for RVs, A, B, C& E are tents only. AT&T 5 MB/s w/o booster(1 bar), 8 MB/s with it(2 bars). There is no satellite coverage due to the heavy tree canopy. OTA TV was descent using an external omni antenna. There is no WiFi. There is a very nice network of trails, most if not all were leashed dog friendly.

First time solo camping

A small issue with assignment of a spot. Other than that this is a fantastic place to camp in the city. Great amenities, wonderful staff (shout out to George). I'll be coming back.

Awesome place

Had a great experience visiting our daughter over labor day weekend. Everything was extremely clean and well maintained. We loved the brick patio with patio furniture. Close to plenty of attractions.

The best!

Such a wonderful campground. We have visited 5x this year. Wooded sites, open sites, tent sites. All great!

Well spaced and maintained full service RV sites

Only came through for a weekend but the sites were well maintained, and felt separated enough to have some privacy. Staff were amazing about maintaining safe conditions for campers. All possible precautions seemed to be taken.

Very Rude

I called for my reservation the lady hung up on me and was quite rude… i called back four times and they hung up on me twice, and never answered again. She wouldn’t give me her name.

Secluded RV Park

We have been here since the beginning of the COV19 pandemic. Most of the people here are permanent because they work at the Naval base. The facilities are good, but basic. There is a laundry room, a couple of bath houses, a playground for the kids and there is a pier that you can fish from. They do mow the grass in common areas and between camp sites. However, many campers have a mower or weed whacker to keep their site maintained. The people are friendly, but we are all keeping our social distancing. There is a guard at the gate and you need a military ID to get in. If you aren’t looking for something fancy, this place is good.

Awesome place back in the when was Marsh Meadows

Chillin as kid was always a good time and had fun camping there back when I worked at the market b4 the 🔥