The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Rochester , KENTUCKY

Most Recent Rochester Camping Reviews
Nice spacious sites

Very clean, large, private sites. All of the sites have their own space. They are very well laid out. Small campground and easy for the kids to bike and play. The beach was closed for high water, but it looked like a nice area. Only a couple of minor complaints… people drive way too fast on the roads, quiet time not enforced or observed and no gate or anything to regulate traffic. We were at site 8, close to the front, and people were driving in and out all the time and it made me very worrisome with the kids. We also had a group next to us that were still “hanging out” at 2am. We didn’t complain about it, but nothing else seemed to be enforced aside for not parking on the grass. We aren’t complaining campers, but 2am is pushing the limits a little bit in my opinion. I also am giving some grace bc the whole place was full for the holiday weekend. We will go back, I just hope the speed limit will start to be enforced a little More and people are more considerate of the kiddos playing.

Tenting area is a bit close, but still quiet

We camped in tent site 15, which is the far back corner of a large rectangular tenting area. Each site had a table and fire ring, and shared water and trash were located in several central locations. Some sites are between two parking areas (sites 7-9, I think), and some sites are along the lake shore. While most people rate the lake shore sites highly, I think you'd get a lot of headlights flashing at you as they're right along the parking lane. We really liked the back corner for privacy, and relative proximity to the bathrooms (located in what looks like an office). Showers, firewood, ice, playground, and laundry are in the trailer campsite nearby.

One caveat is that, if fully booked with weekenders, I can imagine this place getting a bit noisy at night. It's also pretty hot, though very well shaded, in July.

Wow

If you want a campground that has it all, Pennyrile State Park is where you want to be!

It has a GORGEOUS white sand beach with breathtaking blue water. Crazy to see that in KY!

Explore their caves, kayaking, canoeing, basketball and so much more! They even offer a wrangler campground if you want to bring the horses.

A little pricier than others, but worth it.

Glamping

Tucked away on the backside of Mammoth Cave NF, Ky, you want to find this Horse Camp.

Not huge and not to small, you can easily bring a small group of friends here for a private horsing around retreat ( pun intended) Direct access to several horse trails in Mammoth Cave. Spend your day riding and then kick back at your site and relax. There is an area in the “back” to park your rig and set up your glamping area. Stalls if your horse likes it fancy. A nice camp store and friendly staff to assist you. We visited while in the area, my favorite thing is the out of the way location! (Check out their page for events too.)

tons of water activities

Great place to visit. Is beautiful with a lot of walking trails 10 things to do. In summer for swimming and rental boats paddle boats and some battery powered boats.I was there for a fall photography contest it was a little too soon and theirwas very little color. You can camp in tents or campers you can ride horses or enjoy the lake and many miles of walking trails. They also have hotel rooms and cabins if you care to spend multiple nights the beautiful Park and I highly recommend it to anybody that enjoys outdoor Beauty.This year 2019 makes the fifth year tha I've gone to Pennyroyal for the fall photography contest I've also been there a few springs for the spring photography contest. These photos are not the best cuz I took them from the restaurant through a window screen so you can kind of see it in the in the images I'll try to upload better ones later.

NEEDS UPGRADED

we went there for the night as we was driving through. they had a girl in there by herself and it was her first day and she didn't not know how to do stuff in there and all he sites are off and not even. so you have to go and stay where the horses are cause that area is even.

Very Nice Campground

We like this campground for its beauty and it’s size. Pros: Swimming beach very nice Quiet campground Clean facilities Nice size lake with canoe, paddle board rentals Great kid environment Easy access from Interstate Paved sites

Cons: Sites are very sloped. Worst I’ve ever seen. Major drawback to this campground. Beach is free to public so very crowded and some elements are not family friendly. Prices are higher than most campgrounds. Camp site sizes are small and difficult to navigate.

Summary: I’m really surprised that all sites were paved with such bad slopes. If the state would come back in and level the sites then pave this would be a jewel. Also, charge a fee for beach access to control the rowdy’s from taking over the beach.

Overall a beautiful park that is one of my wife’s favorites.

Family time

I can’t wait to go back?

Nice quiet campground

Pros Mini golf on site Nice knob showers - not the push button facets Really nice white sand beach Clean campground and bathrooms

Cons Beach is a public beach so really crowded Sites are tight and most are not level Most are not easy to get into. Only one pull thru