Yurts
Hike In
Red River Gorge Adventures is located in Kentucky
6 Reviews of Red River Gorge Adventures
Red River Adventure

Great place to camp right on the river! I would suggest bring your own fire wood and do not by it there at the camp the wood they gave us was not good and wouldn't catch fire. But other than that I would go back in a heartbeat. With trails close by to explore!

Disappointing

Dispite the reviews saying it was peaceful and either well spaced/not crowded, i found it to be the smallest campground I've ever seen and we were packed in there like sardines.  It was VERY crowded.  Also the GPS took us to the wrong location, making it cwry difficult to find.

Quiet secluded campground

Love this place, will be returning in the future. We stayed a week and only saw three other campers and no one with in 100 yards of our campsite. All the sites had a fire pit and I believe tables at the sites. They close the gates at night and don’t open the gates till 8 am was the only drawback. The gate adds to the security of the campground I liked that they control coming and going at night times.

Will definitely return here!

What a nice quiet secluded spot. Such a friendly staff, reasonable prices, and well maintained campground. We spent a great day in the river and an even better night in our hammocks!

My all time favorite Getaway spot!

This is my all time favorite campground. (When I’m not looking for a lot of amenities). This campground is actually a veteran owned boating rental/shuttle service with an attached campground. It’s very spacious, I’ve camped on holiday weekends and never had other campers within 100 ft of my site. I’ve also been on weekends where I was the only camper there. The campsites are fairly primitive, only including a fire ring and a nice picnic table. They do not have any water or electric hookups and no cell service, which is all a plus in my opinion. But they do have a trash bin and portable-potty’s scattered around and they sell firewood on site. Oh and the grass is always maintained. There is so much room and there are a variety of “types” of campsites. By that I mean there are wide open spaces, sites in the trees, sites with sandy floors, etc. The entire campground runs alongside the river bank, so you can put in your own kayak/canoe or rent one from them. I just love this place. It is super family friendly, they have an 11pm quiet time and strict alcohol policy. The owners and all staff are the friendliest people I’ve ever met. Two of the owners know me and my friends by name and strike up convo with us every time we’re there and we’ve only been 3-4 times a year for the past 3 years. This campground is only a two mile paddle to the infamous jump rock and swim hole. Also, you are just 10 minutes from slade, where you will find Miguel’s, (the best pizza you’ll ever eat), gas stations, and cell signal. You’re also only 20-30 minutes away from Muir Valley, an excellent rock climbing destination. And if you have made It this far, I don’t mind sharing with you that if you wade out into the water about 15ft upstream of the boat launch, the river is relatively flat with a sandy bottom that is about 5’ at normal water level. Excellent place for an afternoon swim or a rinse after a hot day of climbing. I looked for photos, I just have one from our trip and It was after we packed up. See below. Happy Camping my friends!

Excellent, quiet and secluded family friendly spot.