Franklin, KENTUCKY

Most Recent Franklin Camping Reviews
A nice place near Cave City

I was traveling during everything shutting down, 2020, and feel lucky to have found this with lots of space between campers, all on gravel, and a pond and some long term people who seem to work there. Some families came and went the four days, and some overnight as they were headin to Canada, Massachusetts, and Texas. A small pond and field to walk or play on was a little wet when I came, dried out quickly, and another rain before I left Mar 26. There is a small number of items in the office for RVs and pop and ice cream. The proprietors want everyone to feel welcome and kids to have enough toys, fishin poles, and movies to borrow and return. I know I want to come back!

Very Noisy and Expensive

Listen to the warnings in the reviews of this campsite. If you are tenting don’t expect to sleep well. I didn’t listen to the cautions and regretted it all night. We picked this campground because the website said they offered a shuttle service to the DT. When I asked the women at the counter (who were very nice) it appeared they had forgotten the website said that quickly said they weren’t offering it that day (it was a Friday). We were then charged 42 dollars for our tent site, we should have just turned around and got an Air B&B at that point. The showers were nice and the wifi connection was good however.

Cave Camping

We really enjoyed this place! It's located on the green river and has very spacious campsites. Plenty of room for the kids or dogs to run around. Very secluded. There is a concrete picnic table, pole and fire pit at each spot. Across the road to the ferry is a large pavillion with several more picnic tables for bigger gatherings. There are a few porta potties and no water or hookups. Primitive camping only. We tent camped here in July and saw hundreds of lightning bugs (see video)! It was magical, that really made the experience so much better for us!

Highly recommend a cave tour as well at Mammoth Cave National Park. You will not be disappointed!! Can't wait to go back!

This is one called Tn40rv Campground

As a courtesy, since you both have decided to ignore the court judgement, I am informing you that a 'judgement lien' has been placed against Tn40Rv Campground. This will show on your credit reports, and will have to be paid before you sell the property or apply for loans with property attached as collateral. I will redo this every 10 years as ordered by law. If you want this lien removed, you must send payment in full to my address. I know you have it since you have been to our home. But here it is again in case you wish to pay what you owe me.

The total of judgement and court costs is: $2749.36 I will not accept any other amount. If you send less, it will be returned to you. Leonard Harrison & Mike Boosalis dba: Tn40Rv Campground

Doesn't Pay Workers!

Wounderful

We always feel welcome. What a great place to stay

Nice getaway!

Spacious sites, very level, and a very clean park. Enjoyed our opening weekend. Great views, lots of playgrounds for the kids. I’m sure this place is hopping during the summer, but it was very relaxed and quiet on the cool, rainy weekend. As others have mentioned, not much cell service, but it was enjoyable. Only downfall for us was no where to “park” when traveling to the different play areas (basketball court, playgrounds etc). Warmer weather would make that better though. Hope to be back during the summer soon!

Peaceful and beautiful.

This was our first time camping with our camper and it was the perfect spot to go. We had a nice clean site,number 62. It had a fire pit, grill and picnic table. The site location was great for us because we had our 5 dogs with us and it was there was room to let them out and we were right next to a hiking trail for their walks. The campground staff (Connie) was wonderful! Overall a clean park with amenities. The only thing that was not ideal were how tight the roads were between campsites but it may have felt that way because we are new to hauling a camper.

Hidden gem

My wife and I camped here on February 15 2020. Super easy check in. We traveled in a 29' motorhome. We stayed in section 1, site 22. It was right beside the shower house. It was a pull through site, but it was a little tight. To my surprise I opened the electric pedestal, and there was only 50 amp service. I'm set up for 30 amp, so I had to use an adapter. Keep in mind, while making reservations, section 1 has very small, cramped together sites.
We took a walk around section 2, and section 3. There was a lot more room, and seemed a little more private. I would recommend them over section 1. Wood was available for purchase in small bundles for $6 each cash only. I was actually surprised by how many people were camping in February. I would suggest reserving your spot a bit in advance. We look forward to returning.

this is an amazing place to go camping

its a wonder full place to go have fun with kids and family and pets and good for fishing