The best YURTS camping near
Woodburn , IOWA

Most Recent Woodburn Camping Reviews
Hideaway!

I've hiked in Pammel before, and LOVE the area. We drive by the campground on our way down to the family farm on the regular, but staying in the grounds overnight was a whole different experience! We stayed with friends on sites 8 and 9 this past weekend. The concrete pads were awesome for leveling our popups, the sites were VERY clean, the bathrooms were immaculate and the firewood was a gem at $10 for a wagon full! Great hosts, great neighbors. Would absolutely stay again!

Very nice!

Very pretty and clean. We got in pretty late, staff was awesome even showed us to our spot. The park looked nice, only thing some spots looked really close together. Our spot was big right by the park area. We wish we could’ve stayed longer.

Not Great

Not overly impressed with this park. Sites were crammed together, not well maintained, and a lot of partying until 3am every night from young campers. Definitely seemed like a teenage hangout spot, without any redeeming qualities to make it worth the noise issues. The drive in was almost worth the trip, as the countryside is beautiful!

Great Little Campground

This place is wonderful. The staff are all extremely friendly and accommodating. Facilities are all very clean and well taken care of. The pool is a great bonus!

Great state park

First time visiting this park and will be returning! Pretty spacious between sites. Trails were great and our kids loved swimming in the lake.

Nice quiet park next to Winnebago River - Winnebago's RV's are built here

Sites are close together, but it wasn't crowded while we were here. Due to Coronavirus the restrooms and showers were closed, so I can not report on them. Would have liked to do the Winnebago factory tour but that was closed down as well.

Nice small park settle nicely in the iowa country side!

Beautiful park!

The campground is split into two parts. One part is mostly shaded and the other isn't. Thankfully, we camped in the part that was mostly shaded.  The trees provided enough shade, and the evenings were cool enough to keep our camper comfortable at night. The campground hosts were welcoming, friendly and knowledgeable of the park and the area.  I would give the park 5 stars, but feel the restroom/shower facilities were small for that many campsites. (I would probably go with a 4.5 if it was available).  The park itself is pretty good sized and offers water activities (Middle River and the Pammel Loop) and hiking. We didn't hike this trip, but trails looked to be pretty nice.  We did kayak the loop one day-it took about an hour for the 1.9-mile loop and water levels were pretty low. It's pretty easy/convenient as far as letting in and taking out. There is quite a bit to do in the area if you allow time and it's a really beautiful part of the state if you like to venture away from the campground. And it's quite the adventure to drive over the ford. :)

Ok

Some full hook ups, sites not very level, playground ok. Can hear shots from gun range next door. Dog park, pool, arcade. We have camped here a couple times, and stored our rig here for a while. Didn't find there was that much going on here to keep us busy. Not a lot of nature, no trails or biking accessible from campground.

Decent trip

Site 30.

We couldn't find many spots for the busy holiday but this park had a few. Very helpful host. Fun splashing in the river catching minnows by hand. Pretty park. Easy turns with the trailer. The RV spots were a mixed bag. Some shady (higher numbers), some full sun. Playground was skimpy. If you are over 12 ft, make sure and take the detour around the tunnel.

There are water hook ups, I just had to use 75 feet of hose to get to it. And the electric I had to use a 30 ft extension cord. Funny, I didn't have either and had to drive 24 miles to Walmart on a holiday to get them. I do think site 30 was probably the worst from what I saw. Wish that when I called to ask about the sites the county office would have mentioned some sites the hook ups are super far away. The sites have a little concrete pad which makes it easier to level.