About Green Valley State Park
Green Valley State Park is located in Iowa
4 Reviews of Green Valley State Park
Nice, clean campground

Campsite was pretty packed on a Saturday night in late September. We didn't have a reservation but was able to get one of the last tent sites available. Nice spot, fire pits have nice swinging grates on them. There was a picnic table at our spot as well. Great view of the lake from here. We were in Campsite 092. Only drawback is that there must be a cow farm somewhere to the south as you will hear cows mooing all night at this campground.

Serene and scenic Green Valley State Park

A small friendly campground on a lake.

Fish, boat, hike or bike.

Sit by a campfire or visit with your neighbor.

This is the place to be!

Quiet Campground

I'm a single person tent camper. I like this spot, space between sites are far enough you don't have to hear your neighbor, but close enough that you could have a conversation if you wanted to.

Showers are nice enough, the water spray kinda gets your dry clothes moist. Water temp is not adjustable, is on a conserving 15 second push button.

The bike/walking trail is amazing, will take you all around the lake and into town. Right past the hospital and into McKinley Park.

I like Green Valley SP for its lakeside campsites and shower house

It is clear that facilities make a difference. Modern restrooms and showers are always a plus for attracting family campers. My wife does not like the rustic camping when we have our children with us. The modern facilities make it possible to have a good time and Green Valley SP meets expectations.

What I personally like is that at Green Valley SP you can get a nice campsite right by the lake. This makes for great views when the sun is setting and rising. It helps to also feel like you have the park to yourself.

ALSO, DON'T FORGET TO BRING YOUR BICYCLE. There is a nice trail to ride your bike around the lake and through the park. Don't leave your bike at home.