The best TENT SITES camping near
Kimmell , INDIANA

Most Recent Kimmell Camping Reviews
NOT a resort

While this park has immense potential to be breathtakingly gorgeous, the staff & especially the owners are a complete sh*t show. We should've left the second they told me they gave our sites away, but we had drove over an hour to get there. Too many things to list went wrong…its unbelievable! I've also given them MONTHS to refund my credit card, as they promised repeatedly & still after dozens of calls& unfulfilled promises, NOTHING. Save your time. Your patience. And your money…CAMP SOMEWHERE ELSE

Several customers are having the same issues, some are filing legal actions. CAMPERS BEWARE

The owner threw rocks at the geese and ordered his dog to attack them while they scurried their multiple families of babies across the pond…"because they sh*t everywhere!" he yelled to us…Completely Unbelievable behavior!!!! (The geese were never a nuisance or an issue in any way at all)

**no fire pit rings, no wifi and no tables as advertised.**

They continue to blame a 3rd party service for everyone's unfortunate experiences,  but I've spoken to them personally and they still don't follow through with ANY of their promises to reconcile the experience

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

Owner is not customer orientated. Cannot keep a staff or lifeguards more than 1 season. Lost 14+ seasonal rentals just last year because of POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!! We were one of them. Had been there 8 years and every year it keeps getting worse. LOOK OUT FOR BEDBUGS IN THE CABINS!! They won't tell you they had them so make sure you look carefully!! Don't expect any assistance if you need help or have a complaint. Security at night is terrible. People park outside the gate and come in stealing golf carts and everything else. Owners son took golf carts one year and parked them in the woods across the street. IF YOU CAMP THERE DONT SAY YOU HAVEN'T BEEN WARNED!!!

Fun Time

Rented golf cart with granddaughters and had some fun. Time of year we missed a lot of organized activities, and what they did have we were late…found out too late. But still had fun, will do this campground again!

Great spot to rest your eyes after a long day of driving

There are many free spots on this road where you can pull off and setup a tent or small RV. The spot we stayed was nestled near a lake that offered a great sunrise and sunset. Thank goodness there were some hard frosts before and I could only imagine this spot being infested with mosquitos. This was a nice spot for an afternoon and stay for the night but I don’t think we would have stayed longer at our specific site (we passed about 2 other sites that looked slightly more roomy. Overall we would recommend this area if you need a FREE place to stay with awesome sunrises and sunsets. Also check when the hunting season is as we just missed it and based on others reviews from other websites it would have not been a pleasant morning to wake up to gunshots.

Check out our blog at www.unnamedadventures.com and follow our journey on Facebook and Instagram or on our YouTube Channel at Unnamed Adventures.

Very Friendly place

We where there in December so only one section was open. A little close to your neighbors but the way the sites are angled you had plenty of room. Very friendly people. Easy in and out. With nothing going on at the fair grounds there where lots of places to walk around with our dog.

Great outside of Covid

We had a really great time. Good cell coverage. Lots of security, playgrounds, well kept trails, a beach, general store. This place is MASSIVE. You will need to pay a one time entry fee 9 for out of state, 7 for in state. After you check into the campsite you will have a pass. We got a space with direct access to a huge playground, but it was closed for Covid. Major bummer. There are LOTS and LOTS of playgrounds so we had a lot of temper tantrums from my normally very well behaved toddler. He goes days and days without fussing but seeing playgrounds he can't use is too much, lol The swimming area is great for kids. They have lots of stuff for sale. I posted pictures so you can budget. Overall this place was perfect, the only downside is the temporary closures. A Walmart Supercenter is 30 minutes away. The general store really has anything(including tents) that you might need but it's overpriced as you would expect. We were able to stay on property all 5 days! Extra bonus! We were here on Memorial Day and we saw 0 people on a morning hike.

Nice sites

Owners are friendly and do a good job keeping the camp nice

Great Visit / Great Park

We spent this past week at Hogback Lake KOA. It is late in the season so much of the park was closed for the season, but we had a great year round site. A little bit of road noise, but water, electric, sewer, cable TV all worked great. We have family in the area and had a great visit. We will definitely stay here again in the spring.

Beautiful campground

Stayed one night it's a beautiful campground just small. I came in with a 44ft toy hauler had issues getting in (rookie mistake). There was room if your careful but I misunderstood what the guy directing me said and ended up breaking a window. If the park wasn't nearly empty I would've never gotten out as it was it took me 30 minutes to get out. With that said the park is beautiful and the people that work there were polite and helpful. Will go back if I ever get a smaller unit.

Family Friendly with Space

Solid campground with space between the sights. Great for families, has a general store with essentials, and lots of activities. A little pricy.