The best GROUP camping near
Weller's Subdivision , ILLINOIS

Most Recent Weller's Subdivision Camping Reviews
Not what you’d expect

More of a yard style, open camping. No privacy. Lots of kids everywhere. No alcohol allowed. Packed during the day at the beach. Ok trails.

Some really nice spots

The area has lots of RV and Campers strewn about- but the tent spots are spacious and right along the river. I camped there on a great night in early November and had the whole place to my self. Quiet, beautiful, and the staff was very nice.

Nice

clean, private, tree-covered sites, often campsites are available on busy camping days! nice folks work here also :)

Last resort

We haven’t been camping to this campground in a while so maybe things have changed but the last time we were there we were bitten by flies the entire weekend. It was absolutely horrible. Aside from that we do enjoy going to the beach but there are more rocks than there is sand.

Fun place to go! Lots of activities!

There is so much to do at this campground. Horseback riding, archery, hiking, boating, fishing. There is also a park for the kids in several areas. Not far from town in case you need to go to the store and there is also a bait/shop store on premises. You can rent boats and kayaks too! The bathrooms/showers are always clean and have hot water. The only downfall that I can see is that they are not consistent with cleaning the outhouses.

Weekend Camping with lots of activities

For years, this was our go-to campground for weekend nearby adventures. Over the years, the price has increased and at $30 per site for non-residents, it's a bit steep for tent camping for me (so I left off a star rating). All sites are electric, so if you are tent camping and want your fan or slow-cooker, then it's as good as it gets in the burbs. It's located in a beautiful wooded Dupage County Forest preserve. While the sites are pretty close together, there are a few good ones that feel more secluded. Designated chip bark tent sites are level. The grounds are very well maintained. While I didn't camp here this year, I took these photos the last weekend in October to give everyone a sense of how nice this campground could be for them. My favorite sites over the years were the ones closest to Silver Lake along the South Loop road because those sites have the best views. For privacy, my favorite site is #27 on the north loop road which makes you feel like you are alone in the woods. Other than plenty of hiking options including a big hill, the fishing is outstanding. There are lots of places along the lake and ponds to get an easy catch and release. There is also archery, a dog park, picnic areas, boat rental/ramp, and a compass course. It is a great place for families. I've brought cub scouts here and my kids' friends. Heads-up that sites 21 & 22 may not be able to see traffic on the busy Winfield Rd in the summer, but you will still hear it at those sites.

Small camp sites, but fantastic facilities and trails, close location

For nature that's close to civilization, Deer Grove Forest Preserve is the best. While the camp sites are small, the amenities are super clean and the rentable cabins are as well. The trails through the grounds are varied and long--you can find something to suit just about any preference for suburban midwest hiking. There are plenty of paved trails as well as dirt, lots of fun little off-shoots into the woods, creeks run throughout, and there's even a little up-and-down thanks to ice age glaciers.

Nice, quiet little place

We stayed here for a weekend. It's a nice place. Campsites are flat. The water hookups are kind of far from the individual sites (make sure you have extra hose).

Nice park

Sites are narrow and long. Nice for camping with a few families in adjacent sites. Well kept and newer shower house. Some trails for hiking.

Nice park, lovely new bathhouse

We live near Chicagoland so staying at big foot beach state park is an easy option for a short weekend get away. Minutes from downtown Lake Geneva, this spot is super quaint and easy to get to. We were right by the new bathhouse and it was really nice!