Trowbridge , ILLINOIS

Most Recent Trowbridge Camping Reviews
Great location

Great campground with great hosts. Was able to get a spot a few days ahead of time. Cute camp store with very long pull through parking (no need to unhook). Campfire ring and picnic table. Nice area to walk, medium size lake that fish bight.

Very nice camping

Lots to do and see. They have a bridge and trail that connect campsite to marina. Looove it

Home!!!

We have a permanent lake lot here. The marina is small and basic. Actually everything is basic here but it's still great to have 10 minutes from home.

Beautifully quiet

i have been struggling with my life and went out here with someone trying to help me and had never heard of this place and we loved it.

We were the only ones there and I really don't have any negative thoughts about it..I was a bit bothered by one of the on site toilets..but it is like that in most campgrounds but thats it.

The price to tent/rv camp was 8 bucks

Cheapest we ever been to and we camp a lot.

We didn't take the rv just used a tent but I believe any spot there would have worked for our rv.have a 28 foot class a.

Only one spot had electric.

This place is a beautiful secret and I will be going back rv or tent .

I loved it.

Our Home Away From Home

It's not anything fancy but it has the basics.

Crazy Convenient Overnight Spot

This place was a godsend. I called frantically searching for a space in late November and was greeted by a lovely person who got me all set up over the phone. She had me call as I was approaching and came down and met me at the office to check me in. It had water (with defroster on the podium), sewer and functional electric. Unfortunately the weather was garbage and I didn’t get to explore the lake but it was a great experience none the less.

Great Stop-off

We stopped here on our way home for one night, but got in early enough to enjoy a walk and have a camp fire that evening. Small park but very long, narrow pull through sites on the full hook up side, there were some smaller water/electric sites that looked to be more of a parking lot that sites, but well spaced out and adequate. The camp host was very friendly and the camp store was well stocked.

Small Lake And Beautiful

It's a small campground that offers a playground,bathhouse, hiking trails, and a small swimming area. There is easy access walking down to the marina. With small towns close to this state park.

Perfect stop!

Barb and Gary were the most accommodating hosts! We had called 2 hours out, on our way from Ohio to Arkansas, and they met our every need; even on such short notice! Perfect stop off of I70. Beautiful walking paths, convenient, great pricing. They filled us up on LP too. Thanks again, Barb and Gary!