The best DRIVE IN camping near
Trowbridge , ILLINOIS

Most Recent Trowbridge Camping Reviews
Good stop over

The campground is fairly small. They appeared to have all gravel sites with minimal grass. There are fire rings by request. The sites are fairly tight. Couldn’t erect our screen house even if we wanted to. The staff was friendly and informative. They guided us to our site which was good, I never would have found my site without their help. Like I said, all gravel without clear markings or signage. I might use this place again but only as a one night stop over.

Peaceful

This is a small privately owned campground. It's not in a city but not far from a few busy ones. You get the feel of a country stay but the owner is so friendly and helpful that you feel like your visiting family or friends. The site we had had a nice sized front and back area which was nice with our larger dogs. Most of the other campers there are workers for the refinery nearby. Only 2 of the 12 sites seemed to be long term and they were all well kept. Mr Jim the owner works but is just a text or phone call away and actually lives (in a silo or feed bin his family converted into a house, which we thought very interesting and unique) right around the corner. So if you're ever in the area it is worth a stop. While there look for the sign to buy the eggs, best brown eggs I've had in awhile (thanks ricky).

Great little state park with solid facilities

We only live about an hour north of Fox Ridge, so we made a last minute trip down for an extended weekend when the weather was perfect. :)  It took a bit of maneuvering to get into our site, due to the trees on each side of the site, but once we got in, we were really happy with the space and privacy.  There was a playground for the kiddos across the street, a bathroom a few sites down, and the bathhouse was a short walk away.  It was the perfect place to spend a low key fall weekend.  Btw, we stayed in site 14, which, as I mentioned, wasn't easy to back into, but wow did it have a lot of space once we were able to get parked!

Very nice camping

Lots to do and see. They have a bridge and trail that connect campsite to marina. Looove it

Looking for a respite in the middle of Lincoln country? Fox Ridge State Park Satisfied.

We found out that the back loop was not available due to downed trees, but that didn't diminish the stay for us. (Back loop was no electric and normally first come, first serve.)

We couldn't reserve a site because it was March and because of the time of year, and Covid I suppose, so it was first come, first served. You have to put your fee in the envelope provided when you enter the front loop. Reserved campsites were supposed to be posted on the board, but I didn't see a list.

$18 for electric was very reasonable. The restroom near our site, #13, was open, but no lights and no shower. We almost needed it as a tornado shelter the evening we stayed, but the thunderstorms were all we had to deal with.

There is a dump station. We didn't need it.

Huge lake, nice camping

Camped here in a tent. Loved it. Raccoons are really brave and ate not afraid of humans. They know how to rip open a tent for food. Nothing is safe here. But a beautiful lake and campground.

Home!!!

We have a permanent lake lot here. The marina is small and basic. Actually everything is basic here but it's still great to have 10 minutes from home.

Beautifully quiet

i have been struggling with my life and went out here with someone trying to help me and had never heard of this place and we loved it.

We were the only ones there and I really don't have any negative thoughts about it..I was a bit bothered by one of the on site toilets..but it is like that in most campgrounds but thats it.

The price to tent/rv camp was 8 bucks

Cheapest we ever been to and we camp a lot.

We didn't take the rv just used a tent but I believe any spot there would have worked for our rv.have a 28 foot class a.

Only one spot had electric.

This place is a beautiful secret and I will be going back rv or tent .

I loved it.

Our Home Away From Home

It's not anything fancy but it has the basics.