Cotswald Subdivision , ILLINOIS

Most Recent Cotswald Subdivision Camping Reviews
Commerical, but not packing them in

This is a very popular campground. Lots of big rigs who seem to be staying for quite a while. Our relatives recommended this one since some of their friends use it for "the summer." A very nice, well manicured campground. Though a commercial-style, it does not feel like it. Sites are well spaced. Full trees around the perimeter, but not a lot for shade over the campsites. Water and electrical at every site.  Very easy in and out, for any sized rig.

There have been 2 murders here

I have to admit that I’ve not camped here, but I just downloaded Dyrt and was looking at local sites around where I live and saw this campground posted and felt I needed to be very clear about the conditions here. I’ve driven through, and it’s quite frightening. Just Google the name and read the news articles to get a clear picture of what this place is about. It’s not safe, clean or anyplace someone should camp.

Not what you’d expect

More of a yard style, open camping. No privacy. Lots of kids everywhere. No alcohol allowed. Packed during the day at the beach. Ok trails.

Some really nice spots

The area has lots of RV and Campers strewn about- but the tent spots are spacious and right along the river. I camped there on a great night in early November and had the whole place to my self. Quiet, beautiful, and the staff was very nice.

Nice

clean, private, tree-covered sites, often campsites are available on busy camping days! nice folks work here also :)

Nice park

Sites are narrow and long. Nice for camping with a few families in adjacent sites. Well kept and newer shower house. Some trails for hiking.

Nice spot & not far from Chicago

You can tell they’re trying to remodel some of the sites. There is lots of grass so all the rain this weekend and we weren’t muddy was awesome! Big park with tons of spots. The pull throughs were really long. We like dispersed sites so we wouldn’t have like this park ‘in season’ when it’s packed. That being said we’ve already decided this will be our first stop when the season starts again! Water pressure was steady. Power was consistent. Bathroom/shower/laundry rooms were all very clean and well maintained. We couldn’t reach the WiFi from our site but it was good closer to the lake. They also have free TV but we didn’t hook up to that. Having a sewer hook up on site was a welcome change to our typical state park sites we frequent. The road has lots of dips and bumps but going slow they weren’t an issue. We were on the main road and there was lots of traffic going back and forth which was surprising since there wasn’t a lot of campers. They have a huge lake with paved paths that we were able to walk the first night (not raining) and the beach looks like it will be fun to enjoy in the summer.

Nice park, lovely new bathhouse

We live near Chicagoland so staying at big foot beach state park is an easy option for a short weekend get away. Minutes from downtown Lake Geneva, this spot is super quaint and easy to get to. We were right by the new bathhouse and it was really nice!

Turner Lake South and Mud Lake East most private

This IL state campground fills up quickly on the weekends over the summer. The best sites for those hoping for privacy are in Turner Lake South and Mud Lake East. The campsites are a little bigger in Turner Lake South, I feel, but both have campsites circled by woods with a level place to pitch a tent. While these sites are usually slated for walk-ups on the weekends, it seems like a lot of people go early on Thursday or even Wednesday to secure their sites for the weekends. Both loops have an outhouse and water spigot nearby and are a quick drive to the showerhouse. The shower houses are dated, yet I have seen them clean and also not clean on busy camper weekends. All the campsites have raised firepits and a picnic table. If you own a boat or love to fish, this is a great place to go camping. They rent some little fishing boats here too if you want to get off the shore. Chain O Lakes in general get pretty busy on the water, but the state park is off the main part of the water system, so even a little fishingboat can be fun without the large speedboat wakes here.

Nice enough for a stopover

Well maintained park. We stayed at a tent site, nearby pit toilets are basic with no running water. Odd numbered sites had better shade than evens. The RV sites looked closely spaced but nice enough