The best DRIVE IN camping near
Winchester , IDAHO

127 Reviews

Most Recent Winchester Camping Reviews
Great for RVs and Day use

I visited but did not stay here because I could not hang my hammock at the sites.

Overall I found the area to be nice, especially the day use areas. I would plan a bbq here in the future and plan to return if they are still open when I’m done with my backpacking years. It looked very accommodating for people who don’t get around so well.

Great dispersed camping areas

My favorite price for a camp site is free. After buying all my camping gear (including winter gear) I have preferred to get out and rough it.

There’s a doc on a small pond that’s great for fishing or drinking a few in some camping chairs.

This place is open in the winter. I want to come back and have my try at ice fishing but I’m waiting to buy a nice pair of snow shoes to be able to get in during mid-winter.

Not surrounded by the city dwellers.

This is a bit from Orofino but it’s far enough away to where you really feel like your out there in nature.

We come to this area every summer around the time of logging sport competitions, and we opted to stay here after a few years of staying closer to town with a not so great camping experience.

They had fire circles, and restrooms as well as tables. There’s a nice little creek nearby which really makes this spot a cute and comfy area for a campground.

Great for day use

I came here to hang out during a logging sports event and I really enjoyed the doc area where I sat with my feet in the water. We did not swim (except my dog), but we enjoyed the landscape and the lush green grass they were growing.

I do want to camp in this park but we were camping at another location with the logger sports team.

A very nice area

This spot is killer! A tad pricey but it’s really oriented towards RV camping so it’s not that surprising.

Clean and private!

The restrooms here are some of the cleanest of the campgrounds in the area.

This camp site is not open year round but I’m not exactly sure when it closes. I came here to do some late fall camping and it was closed.

But I have been here on two other occasions, as it’s close by and often is not full. There is a place to pump water which makes packing in a bit less work. I still filter the water because you never know.

It’s not gravel, but paved areas so walking barefoot was comfy minus the occasional rock.

With wildlife right on your doorstep and Deary just a stones throw away, you won’t regret staying in this area.

I always go to The Pie Safe when I visit one of the three campsites in this region. You should too! It’s amazing.

Only worth it if your in town for an event.

Overall this RV site is simply a place to park you stuff.

There is a nice playground and it’s walking distance from Safeway.

If your here to see a game or experience a local event, then it will suit your needs.

The RV sites are very close together but they do come with electric hookups and water on each site. Depending what site you have, if you are towing a trailer you may have to drop it off and park at another location.

If it is your first time staying here, I highly recommend getting breakfast at the breakfast club.

Looking for a all season RV Park? This is your spot! Bring the marshmallows too!

This is an all season RV Park. There’s a nice patch of grass in the center during warm months.

Sometimes we have a hard time finding all season parks.

They do allow pets! They have all the amenities you hope a RV Park has. We came up here to gem hunt. But I know other forms of hunting are also popular here 😉.

You also don’t loose the camping feels here. How? Fire rings.

Camping is just not the same without the ability to have a fire. Even when camping in an RV for local attractions over the “camping experience” it’s always a HUGE plus (to me anyways) to be able to watch flames for a few hours while having a few drinks.

Also visit the Pie Safe! You won’t regret it.

Great price for a group site!

I attended my buddies 30th birthday and it was a really nice place to hang out.

The terrain is complex and exciting to explore with canyons and great viewing points.

There were a lot of people out fishing so I imagine it’s good for a fishing getaway but we did not fish.

My favorite part of this campsite is that is can easily fit many tents without being so close that your friends snoring is overly bothersome (but still could be heard).

I’m not sure if you can hunt out in this area but I did spot a baby dear and got a zoomed in photo before it got spooked.

Well developed for non-wilderness campers.

This site has it all if you are an occasional camper.

There’s lots of on site activities, and the property is well maintained.

The restrooms make it feel like your not even camping!

If your looking to see a lot of wildlife, this is not your spot.

I took my friend from India here as an introduction to camping as camping is not a hobby where she was from.