The best YURTS camping near
Rocky Shoals Estates , GEORGIA

Most Recent Rocky Shoals Estates Camping Reviews
Not too far!

Met some girlfriends for a weekend . Absolutely loved the hike by the falls . The campground is small and compact but neat with nice hosts.

Stunning as can be

Wow! Mother Nature is sure the baddest of them all… This place have everything from hiking trails, camping and daily picnics, it’s not over crowded to where it’s uncomfortable but it’s so still and an essence of such a chill vibe. If I could move here I would! Clean and well kept.

If you want to go to day use they do charge 5 dollars for parking.

When camping you have free range of the water for kayaks, canoes, etc. Just NO swimming’s allowed. They have yurts, walk up tent camping and regular spots available. Nice covered areas where the group table is and grill. Each yurt spot had a table which is very nice, lantern holders and charcoal grill. That have very well and defined paths that are lighted at night. Oh and did I mention the most amazing park for your children…

Clean bathrooms and potable water and trash cans available

Super impressed and the camp host is nice.

Here are my star ratings based on my lifestyle and what I like. I'm also a mother, dog mama, and a wife so it's not just me it's my crew and i. 1 star- AUTOMATIC relocate… the property is no longer there, trashed or/and I could never have my children there and I wouldn't ever think about staying no matter what. 2 star- Not really my jam, and would NEVER go to again… It probably more of desert life and not really my style for sure…Being from Vegas I can't stand being in the desert and I love the Trees and the Green more than anything. 3 star- Would stay there again in a pinch, but not really my style, the reason its not is because not enough family things to do, the scenery, or the location… but I would go again and feel safe having my kiddos here but only if I needed to in a pinch. 4 star- a really good rating for sure, maybe needed some improvements, minor things like being on top of each other, not a lot of privacy, but honestly little cosmetic things that aren't anything to sweat and would be back again for sure. 5 star- MY FAVORITE… love the location, safety, the surroundings, big camp spots available to fit toys for my kids to play, hammocks to hang, our big family tent, cases of firewood, our suburban or RV, etcccccc….. I would not only come back but would live if I could!!! Anyway thanks for reading and enjoy every moment like it's your last! CHEERS!

Great campground

Stone Mountain Park has a very large campground and there’s a wide range of sites and prices. The restroom and shower facilities are always clean. The main park is beautiful and has a really nice cycling and walking/running path around the mountain. There are also really good hiking trails, a lake with kayak rentals available and other attractions.

Great park

We came to stay at river campsite. It is clean, spacious, and quite. The lake campsite can only accommodate small campers.

Great place

We go to camp here at least twice a year. Despite the crazy traffic in the capitol city, there are many restaurants with good food nearby.

Wonderful view

Park is wonderful, can be overcrowded. Surrounding area can be a bit rundown

Awesome views

We camped here for 3 nights and will definitely be back. We were in the red section because I thought it had more views and ambiance. We were in a lakeside site and the mountain and the lake was simply beautiful. The site was tight and a little scary to back in as we got there after dark. The drop off was steep at the back of the site. But we managed and was glad we picked it. We did not use the bath house so can’t review those. We were there to visit our daughter in Decatur so we didn’t spend nearly enough time at the park. But next time we will! The WiFi was okay but not great. I’m sure it fills up in the summer as it is a great place to take your bikes or simply walk.

Beautiful falls and great recreation area.

We stayed in the back loop of the campground site #83. It was nice as there were only 3 other sites occupied on the loop. It faced the woods and we could hear an owl off in the distance and saw several different species of birds and tons of squirrels. The campground really makes you feel like you’re in the forest along some areas are not private at all. Nice campground and the bathrooms were clean. The staff came by to verify our reservations even before I could get set up as I hadn’t placed my tag on the site post. They also came by and removed our tag before we had even packed up the following morning which I felt was kinda extra. We did the falls trail and it was beautiful. Part of the trail is along the river and the rest is further in the forest. Lots of cool rocks to hike over. The trail was marked but somewhat unclear at times as you could go both ways. Definitely a great place to check out. There’s an old power plant building and plenty of day use areas and fishing.

Gone twice now. First time was used tents. Mid summer. Very busy, we got the last spot of the night. Clean bathrooms. Big sites. This weekend. January 23 and, 24th. First time in our new travel trailer. Big site. Plenty of room for the kids to run and play. Friendly staff and visiters. Will be going back….