Camping in Horseshoe Bend

70 Reviews of 5 Horseshoe Bend, Georgia Campgrounds

D
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Great family vacation spot

My family and I camped here for a week and it was awesome. There's so many things to do from large swimming pool, hot tubs, large lazy river, splash pads for the kids, and many activies daily.

Ioan P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2021

Very nice !

We did not stay here but, we has a chance to go through.... This place is very organized, has everything that you wanted to have. However, we vere not lucky enough to get a spot.

Sitenone
Nick L.
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

very clean

had a great time with family and friends ALL the staff was very nice and friendly. the showers and bathrooms were very clean. i stayed in two of the walk in sites and love them very quiet plenty of fire wood. wish they had power but that wont stop me from getting them again

Site28 and 29
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Nestled in the woods

Campsites are widely spaced in this wooded area, with a dirt road entrance. Full hookups worked great, the internet worked fine, the bathhouse was clean and fairly modern. A great place for a day or two to get away from it all, cuz there's nothing nearby.

• Horses grazing.
Micah G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Awesome view with kind owner

Mr mark is awesome!! Very quiet with wonderful views. Great quality well water better than anything I’ve had short of spring water. Electrical power. Couldn’t ask for a more peaceful spot to setup camp.

SiteA
Karen C.
Reviewed May. 8, 2021

Nice hiking trail, beautiful lake views.

The main campground is flat making it easy to back up campers or RV’s in slots. Some pull through spots. We were tent camping and choose a walk in slot. 27, 28 & 29. Our site was 29 it is about 100 yards from the main campground down a single lane sandy road that leads into a wooded area. We…

GinaMarie M.
Reviewed Apr. 1, 2021

Precious Gem

We had a quick overnight on our travels towards our destination, but we loved it so much we re-routed our return home plans to come back and spend more than a nights rest. Staff are all so sweet and helpful. But most of all the facility has everything for a family fun time. Leveled, full hook up…

Neil T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 12, 2021

Clean, simple - great swamp scenery

Loved seeing the cypress trees in the water and the Spanish moss.

A few campers had kayaks with them and it looked like a great place to paddle and explore - but it did have gator warnings, so not sure what precautions one needs to take.

The campgrounds were super clean, including a modern…

Sally S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Feb. 26, 2021

Wish I knew about this place sooner

Possibly the nicest campground I’ve ever been to. From the desk staff, the perfect sites, and a full service restaurant this place is the bomb.

Leah G.
Reviewed Jan. 21, 2021

Little gem

This was our first stay, but not our last. This small campground is spacious, clean, quiet, with a little hiking thrown in. It was a relaxing stay for us and the dogs loved it. We will be back.

T
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2021

Great Primitive sites!

My son and I went to the primitive sites and had a blast. The sites are really spread out and really clean. We were able to find plenty of firewood and used the fire rind and stand to cook our dinner. Would definitely go here again.

Elizabeth G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2020

Quiet and spacious

Spent the afternoon here to hike and relax. The camp/RV sites are nice and spaced out. The bathrooms were sparkling! There’s a dump station as well as laundry and showers. I had 1-2 bars with Verizon LTE so I received texts but couldn’t really get online if needed.

I hiked a trail loop to the…

TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2020

Great Park

We stayed over Christmas and had a great time. Beautiful facility. There was lots to do and they kept us well informed of activities. Would definitely stay here again!

T
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2020

Lots to do onsite and close to downtown Savannah

We wanted to stay at Creekfire for a couple reasons: (1) wanted somewhere we haven't been before but not too far from home and (2) I wanted to visit downtown Savannah...Creekfire met both those. It was an easy 4.5 hour drive, right off the highway and about 15 minutes from diwntown Savannah. The…

Lawrence Robert T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2020

Best of this trip

Close enough to Savanna to be convenient but far enough out to be quiet.

First, the check in process was like checking into a nice hotel. Front desk was courteous and prepared. They had guide ready to escort us to our spot.

Our back-in site was level and easy to get into. They could use a few…