Add Review
Max Length: 55 ft.
Camp Gulf is located in Florida
12 Reviews of Camp Gulf
Crowded but clean

Great bathrooms, stellar scene, friendly neighbors. Love this concept and if you don’t mind lots of eyes on your site, beach camping is the coolest. Our little camper van was a miniature compared to these big rigs. One outdoor pool was closed but one was covered in a huge inflatable tent. We had it all to ourselves for an evening dip. Even on a rainy day, you can’t beat the location. 25 min beach walk to Surf Hut for dinner.

Park On the Beach!

Just as nice as a resort but here you have direct access to the sand, because you can park directly on the beach! No need for shoes if you get a site on the sand. Sites are very tight here, but daytime staff escorts help you back into your site. Lush foliage and palms provide some division between sites and facility buildings. The showers and laundry houses are well above average and super cute, actually. The first beachfront row books out far in advance, but the drawbacks are that you cannot have dogs on that row (or on the beach) and you have to maneuver your tires in deep sand. The soft, white sand here is a dream on your feet but quite a challenge to park a big rig on. Still, you see plenty of Class A and toy haulers here. I stayed in site 705 on the second row from the beach and it was ideal for dogs. Beach front site 805 never showed up so I had a direct view to the waves for two nights. With everyone’s AC units on, you cannot hear the waves as you might have hoped, but the stars were very visible. This beach is really spacious and clean (besides being anti-dog), and the steep $125/night is justified when you step directly from your RV into the sand. The downside was really just the tightness of the sites. My neighbor’s awning nearly touched my camper on one side and I could not open my umbrella due to my other neighbor’s slide out. I would have been in trouble in this site had I had slide outs too. The two pools (water slide), kid-friendly food truck, and clubhouse seemed to keep the hordes of children entertained. Conveniently located near Sandestin on Miramar Beach between Destin and the cute resort town of Seaside. Lots of delivery food options nearby and Holi Indian Kitchen was particularly delicious (and vegan friendly). Can’t wait to return and stay longer next time.

Beautiful location

We visited here in August, of course with the COvid-19 scare everyone was cautious. The sites are tight but most are very level and have full hookups.. the sites at beach side do lot have full hookups and you pay a premium for the site but also have to pay again to have your sewer pumped out.. the sites just at the top of the beach sites have a great view but no trees or shade.. the sites beyond the pool and activity center have trees and shade.. short walk to the beach.. the staff is nice but firm on rules, maybe a little over zealous due to the congested space. Don’t park your golf cart in the wrong spot! I would suggest a less congested time to visit. Early Spring or late Summer/fall.

Best beaches, packed camping

This is a super congested area in the popular Destin area. The compact campground can feel claustrophobic, but we spend most of our days at the beach. It’s very well maintained and staffed.

IN THE SAND!

Wow, what a nice place. I’m sure the experience would be even better if it were not the middle of a pandemic. This place offers a lot. Salt, sand and sun. What more does a family need? The laundry was lacking and of course some of the facilities were closed due to social distancing. The campground is in a great location to shopping and the grocery. A clean private beach and 2 separate pools in the campground offer all the water fun kids can possibly have. The campground also has some really good food trucks that come through in case dinner would be to much after a day at the beach.

Beautiful Beach

We stayed in 552. This spot is very close to the beach access and bath house. It is a short walk to the pool with slides. There is a small playground and the kids enjoyed that. Pay attention to the size site you reserve some of them are more narrow and less deep than others. It can make backing in a challenge. They were very busy when we arrived and we had to pause our back in twice to left the traffic flow.
Our site was full hookup which was great. The sites are clean but being on the beach there is a lot of sand. The pool was nice but it could have been more clean than it was. The staff are super friendly and helpful. Great place to take the family.

Loved it. RTT friendly

We love this spot. We stayed in spot 117 with my rooftop tent, Setup perfectly. Power, water, and cable if needed. Bathrooms and showers are very nice. Beach is a very short walk away and gorgeous white sand with clear water. Friendly staff. Will stay again.

Fall stay

Great on the beach camp ground. Full service, good security, location and very friendly and helpful staff. I highly recommend.

Absolutely gorgous!

So beautiful especially camping right on the sand looking out on the ocean. The area is touristy but there are many fun things to do so that’s a plus. The pools are nice as well. Definitely recommend

Gulf front camping with good amenities.

Parking your rig is TIGHT. Like super tight. 2 nice pools and all other amenities like Wi-Fi, laundry, sewer, etc. Easy access to local shopping and dining.

Year 2021 Flag