Manzanola , COLORADO

Most Recent Manzanola Camping Reviews
Great for overnight

Clean, friendly

A favorite spot

A favorite camping spot for me and my friends. Paid reservations and you need to pay a daily parking fee unless you have a state park pass. Hot in the summer!! Juniper breaks is alright but we really loved the kettle creek campground much better. Just be aware the water pump in kettle creek shoots straight up, which is VERY nice when you’re hot because #pueblo

A true desert oasis!

Lake Pueblo State Park offers 13+ miles of trails for hiking and biking, plus incredible access to Lake Pueblo itself.

The Arkansas Point Campground is a great place to camp. Sites offer mostly level pavement and 20/30/50 electric hookups. There is no water or sewer at the camp sites, but community water is available throughout the campground as well as a portable water spigot at the dump station.

My advice? Plan to stay here for at least 3-4 days. You’ll want to extra time to hit the trails during the day and do some stargazing at night.

Very nice campground

We stayed for one night in early October, at site 159. Level parking, and although we were somewhat close to our nearest neighbor to the east, it seemed like most sites offered privacy. As other have said, most if not all sites have covered picnic tables which are certainly nice in the Colorado sun. There are very nice paved trails for biking or walking. Well maintained facilities overall. Don’t expect shade at any of these sites. If we return, I would try to stay at some of the sites farther away from the entrance and closer to the water. Overall I definitely recommend this campground.

An easy overnight spot

I'm not sure what you'd do for more than a day in La Junta, but this was a great overnight spot for us in late September. (Old Bent's Fort is worth the side trip). Not crowded and restrooms were clean. Nice pull through sites, cute older playground, and a pool if you're in season. Late arrival instructions were obviously posted.

Second time here and we’ll be back again..

This has been a very good 3/4 of the way stop for us when heading to CO and UT.. we have the same site we had last time.. supper nice people and easy access.. Walmart is next door and there is food close by if your looking for an easy meal..

Perfect

Quiet. Secluded. Safe. Beautiful sunsets. Stopped off for an overnight on the way to Great Sand Dunes NP. So glad we found this place. Highly recommend.

Stayed while working

Was here for a month while working expensive for a month stay but staff was friendly, try to stay towards the back unless you like hearing a carwash at all hours. Has a small creek that is at the edge of the park was very nice while on nightly walks around park. Spaces are decently sized some have HUGE shade trees.

Serene

This campground is NOT accessible by vehicle if the road is wet.. There are four designated sites, three overlook the canyon and one is intended for those with horses. There is a vault toilet. This campground is at the Picket Wire Canyonlands trailhead, which boasts the largest dinosaur track site in North America. Each campsite has a fire ring, but keep in mind the canyon is subject to burn bans. It is very rocky, so if your tent is on the ground you would probably be happier with some kind of padding. The vault toilet was the cleanest I have ever encountered. The sites are first come first serve. Keep in mind, there was a lot of parking available, so it is possible overflow camping may not be frowned upon so long as you stay in the parking areas.

Probably not intended for camping.

There is a vault toilet and cattle corrals here. I'm not sure it is an intended spot for camping, but if the road to Withers canyon is closed because of rain, I'm sure its reasonable to camp here. I recommend driving the extra six miles to the Withers canyon campground, but keep in mind that road isn't passable when wet.