The best DRIVE IN camping near
Grover , COLORADO

Most Recent Grover Camping Reviews
Beautiful change of scenery

Took advantage of this past warmer weekend to camp here. It’s about 2 hours from Denver. There were a couple spots on the road you might want higher clearance, but mostly smooth and all easily passable in a stock Outback.

Plenty of dispersed sites; we camped on an overlook a quarter mile or so from the Pawnee Buttes trailhead which had beautiful, clear views of the sunrise and sunset. We only saw one other site in use and some folks camped at the trailhead parking lot, but neither were visible from our site. The night sky is beautiful and full of stars, though not completely dark since we could see lights from nearby private lands.

The only negative was wind. It was very windy, especially at night (the wind rocked the car most of the night). It wasn’t an issue for us sleeping in the car, but I wouldn’t tent camp. Pawnee Buttes Trail was a great way to start the day the next morning and it was nice to have use of the bathrooms.

Overall a beautiful site, plenty of solitude (at least in the winter) and nice change of pace from the mountains. I would return.

Spectacular landscape, views, quiet

Multiple dispersed campsites approaching the Pawnee Buttes trailhead from the west and southwest. I camped (rooftop tent) on the bluff overlooking the trailhead parking lot, approached from the south. Chilly at night (10 degrees) but no wind.

Spectacular view of the Pawnee Buttes to the east. Perfect spot to catch sunrise and sunset. This area is also a “dark site,” so on clear, moonless nights the stars / Milky Way are phenomenal.

During winter snow often drifts onto the roads. If snowy, 4-wheel drive / high clearance helpful for accessing some of the dispersed sites.

Trailhead restrooms are open year-round.

Consistent 3 bars 5G (AT&T). 200 Mbps down / 16 Mbps up.

Great spot close to home!

This is an unexpected gem very close to our house where you can't see a tree for miles. It's peaceful and not crowded. Be sure to check the forecast because it can get very windy at times.

It's ok

Neat idea behind the campground. Was VERY dirty- trash all over the place. Did get a good walk around the campground. Staff was nice, area was nice. Sites are tight and again, very trashy.

Plenty of room

Very large area so you can have your own space. The sunset over the reservoir was beautiful

Awesome experience!

I showed up Monday evening. There were two cars in the parking lot, but there were two groups of people coming down the trail also, so by the time I had all my stuff situated to start hiking, I was the only one there. I found an awesome spot inside a ravine (it was very dry so I wasn’t worried about flash floods (still not smart) so wouldn’t do so in the winter) where I was visited by a badger, a porcupine, some antelope and many birds. I also found Mouse Bones so I’m sure there are mice. BUTTE-iful sunset, BUTTE-iful stars, BUTTE-iful sunrise, again everyone left by the time my camp was set up so I was all alone. 10/10 would recommend to campers, bikers, hikers, photographers, bird watchers, and just anyone who loves nature!!!!!🤘🏽

Solid Campsite

Solid campsite option. Nothing to extraordinary but don’t have anything bad to say. We had a pull through site with electric hook ups, a fire pit that had a grill grate on it, and a picnic table. The campsites are spaced out pretty well but there aren’t really any trees to give you privacy. There are stairs down to the beach in the water area which was a nice place to take a walk. When we went, there was construction and took us down a fairly bumpy dirt road detour. They do have water available throughout the campsite so we were able to pull up and load up our RV tank. Super peaceful at night.

Good for a night - maybe 2

I gave 4 stars because the campground was really clean and the staff was extremely friendly. The laundromat was nice and wouldn’t worry about the washers and dryers being clean. The only reason I took off a star was because the location is right next to the freeway so you get a lot of noise from it and literally no landscape whatsoever the sites were nice and flat and everything is gravel. There was a dog park and the WiFi was not bad. We have Verizon not sure about other carriers. It was packed full of overnighters. Completely cleared out the following morning. I would stay again if we are ever in the area but wouldn’t stay for any amount of time.

Great Campground, BBQ, & Location!

Right near downtown Cheyenne which is perfect for a day trip. The people at the BBQ and front office were great. Sites are perfect fit for a 50 foot rig. Bathroom and laundry very clean and usable. BBQ was great and we enjoyed our dinner that night :-)

Great Amenities But...

This KOA has amenities on top of amenities. There is so much for everyone in the family to do, you can spend days trying. The lake and walking paths were beautiful. The only thing we did not like is the small sites. We felt like we were right on top of one another, more reminiscent of a trailer park. It would have been nice if we could have spread out a little.