The best BOAT IN camping near
Winterhaven , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Winterhaven Camping Reviews
Great location, questionable staff

Quiet, clean, remote little military family camp on Lake Martinez with concrete RV sites and full hook ups, 50 amp electric only, but they have a loaner 30 amp adapter if they can find it. Park models and cabins available for those who do not tent camp or RV. Various types of water craft available for rent and limited docking for your own boat.

Easy to get camp site reservations in Summer. Have not tried here in winter as the place fills up with military retirees/ snow birds.

Staff on the other hand is mentally lost at best. Seems like they don’t really know what’s what most of the time ( refer back to the 50/30 amp adaptor that they usually can’t find as their storage location is on the floor beside the desk). The store is adequately stocked with alcohol, USMC souvenirs, but very lacking the things campers need most often, ie toilet paper, paper towels, dish soap etc. they don’t even sell popcorn, how can one camp without popcorn.

Despite the “lost in space” staff and the “non” mercantile in a remote place, I give this place 4 stars as it is quiet, inexpensive and a great little spot away from the city.

Ideal camping experience. Just perfect. Will return.

I camped here with my wife and two children (6 and 7). It was awesome. Our site had a bunch of large rocks for the kids (and my wife and I) to climb around. With the river, the trails, and all the rocks, there is tons to explore. And, the whole area is just gorgeous. Ideal camping. Getting to the grounds requires around an hour on a dirt road. We were able to get there in a 2WD minivan without issue.

Squaw Lake boat-in Camping

We enjoyed this campground, but we were lucky to be able to boat-in. The sites are not accessible by vehicle and your gear must be carried in from the parking lot. More wildlife here than other similar desert areas. Protect your food from raccoons and Burros!

Remote,river ,hiking,nature.

It’s an 18 mile dirt road to the park. It is along the lower Colorado river with fishing, hiking, hunting, boating! Hidden gem!

Great river spot!

I always come back to this area because it's so laid back and open. Since we camp here with a canoe we have fun setting up right along the water. Some spots you can canoe out to with your gear and camp! I have had some critters get into my gear here, but all in all it's a quiet, laid back boat launch site with nice, large sites and showers too.

It's a great spot to set out with canoes and kayaks, and I'd recommend adventuring over to Hidden Shores and all around in the hidden water trails to explore the area, hop out for a picnic, or hop in to cool off!