Palo Verde , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Palo Verde Camping Reviews
Great BLM Location

Stayed here couple of weeks quiet place with great views and camp sites of the lake. Not to many people here must have hit it at a good time. had good Verizon reception using booster 4 bars.

24 hrs in the SLABS

Ok I went here hoping to spend more than 24 hrs and explore and what not but I stuck out like a sore thumb with a military truck and decent travel trailer. Theirs TOOO much need in this community (comparable to skid row if your familiar but in the desert) This is more than just DISPERSED camping where you pull over and kick back. Its literally survival at all times because that’s what THEY are doing in the desert. I could not sleep with all the evening noises and people tweaking/high on something walking around. That all said Salvation Mountain is pretty amazing and safe due to its state protected and at entrance into the Slabs so it’s well traveled. So much LOVE went into it. Do drive around the outskirts of the slabs some too and you’ll find plenty of random desert art that Slabs City is known for.

Wide Open Area!

Scaddan Wash is a 14 day camping area with NO amenities. Very close to town for everything you need though. Road noise from I-8 at all times, but after a few days it becomes background noise. :) Beautiful sunsets and sunrises if you get up early!  Pretty level area too. Good cell for Verizon, ATT and TMobile although the more people the more the towers in Quartzsite become congested and in time it will slow down service.

Desert camping

Big area with lots of places to camp. There is a host, & they would like you to register with them. It is a 14 day dispersed site. I found a nice level site with campfire pit not too far from the host site about halfway down Dome Rock road. A bit windy at times, and you can hear the I-10 traffic, which didn’t bother me. And It’s FREE to camp for 14 days!

I didn't make it to camp

This is an ATV area. The road is made of super soft sand, you will need 4 wheel drive to get in. I got stuck and had to be pulled out, so I never made it to the BLM area. 3 stars to keep it neutral, since I couldn't get in

Close to town

Dome Rock Rd. is close to Quartzsite and the Tyson Wells shopping tents that set up in January. If you're looking for quartz, this is the place to go. Gets crowded in peak season, so finding a more secluded spot may pose a challenge. Lots of fire pits. Be careful of large rocks

Easy drive, not packed

This road is 20 miles from Quartzsite, so it isn't tightly packed. Lots of fire pits, easy drive in. If you're staying for the season, you can alternate here and Plomosa Rd. At a certain point this road turns from BLM into Kofa Wildlife Refuge, so be mindful of where you camp

Nice and quiet during the night.

I didn't choose to park right next to the lake but was on the other side of the dirt road. Real nice place to relax, camp out, ride my bike, all for free. Felt very safe and had no issues during the stay. Its close to town if needed also. Never saw bugs and wind was pretty calm

Sunsets are gorgeous

Driving out watch out for washes/dips. It’s very level solids ground with some rock fire pits scattered around. Very quiet, I have heard a few coyotes this morning. Free BLM land that you can stay up to 14 days. Come prepared and take your trash out when you leave.

Dry camp BLM land

It’s dry camping. It’s free, it’s wide open, and there is a river but it’s a bit of a steep dirt trail to get to. This was very nice for us and our dogs to have a ton of space to ourselves. It’s December and 72 degrees, and we only saw maybe 4 other campers in this 10 mile stretch. There’s a nice Mountain View too. It’s all a dirt road access but it was easy for our 24’ motorhome. Now for the “cons”… there is wild mule poop all over, but it’s dried up. Be aware of the difference between sandy holes/traps for a vehicle, and legit compact sand surfaces you can drive on. We sent a person out to walk the off road route before traversing with a motorhome. But in the end, we have fond memories of this place and we will be back.