Camping in Biggs

53 Reviews of 35 Biggs Campgrounds

PThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2021

Beautiful area

Very nice campground, but cell coverage is nonexistent outside of one small area.

SiteD8
Month of VisitJanuary
Kloee S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 10, 2021

Nice Famcamp

The sites are all in little culdesacs and are back ins. The culdesacs can be tight turns for large rigs, but the sites are nice. The base is large and we do lots of bike riding and walking here. The sunsets are usually beautiful!!

Sitem1
Month of VisitDecember
E
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2021

Pros, Cons, Wouldn’t Come Back

Pros: Sites are spread out. The campground is well maintained with beautiful landscape and access/view of river. Full hookups.

Cons: I can hear a gun range and a freeway. Basically in town, so not feeling like I’m enjoying nature.

My husband doesn’t mind the other noises, and the site is…

• nighttime glow up
  • daytime view of river from our site
Month of VisitDecember
kThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2021

Cozy little nook

Kinda small sites, no table or anything, and I can’t seem to find the dog run. Overall good place to stay, right in town. Not expensive either, not sure about the cabins or motel though.

Month of VisitNovember
Jessica P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2021

Peaceful!

Nice and quite! There wasn’t many people at this site. It was very relaxing. And the views are nice. Rangers were friendly as well!

Bathrooms were top notch clean!

Careful for poison ivy nearby.

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 20, 2021

Great place

Quiet place. Allowed to eat at mess hall

Sitetent
mThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2021

Bidwell Canyon is the place to go

Out of all of the campgrounds around Lake Oroville and within the state park rec area by far Bidwell is THE best..it's clean, it has cell service plus wifi if you need it, pets are ok, 2 to 3 boat launches, spots to fish, great showers and bathrooms plus the park rangers that run this specific…

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

City campground

Nice picnic tables, standing wood BBQ, big trees, some trash, on the edge of a town. Camp host very nice. River has dried now. One of the best option around I5. Not the best camping experience but not the worst either.

RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Easy in and out

This was my first camp out spot ever. I called ahead and made sure they would be okay with me sleeping in my Outback. They said it would be okay as long as I had the gear to sleep outside in a tent as well. The place was quiet and we had no issues. I just suggest getting there early enough so you…

A
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2021

Nice spot

Clean campground, efficient check in. Lake is not walking distance, no internet. Great place for a quick stop over.

c
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2021

Lime saddle

Had a blast it was perfect weather day or night didnt see no wild animals which was good loved all the stars at night also it was my first time camping but definitly going back

Sitelime saddle
LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

VERY well-maintained family campground, with sometching for everyone!

More family oriented than “upscale,” what struck me was even though it maintains a substantial trout fishery, the surface tempin early June was z74 — PERFECT for swimming, tubing, etc.

Although the lake level is sadly representative of CA drought conditions, fishing was good. We caught 7 rainbows…

• North view
  • Caught on BrightRed PowerBait.
  • E view
A
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Fun if you can get to the river

Drove around a bit to find a spot to actually get into water. No camping sites found. Wildlife reserve would be better in cooler months.

SiteSacramento River
Outdoordude D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Go to spot

Being close to home doesn't hurt. Love going during the week. Less crowded that way. Good fishing. When the water is up, my favorite spot is 396. I can kayak right from camp.

• Feeling like I had the campground to myself.
Month of VisitMarch
Ethan T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Great walk to the lake

Sparse campground and hot. But good sites and great location