Camping in Bangor

45 Reviews of 12 Bangor Campgrounds

PThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2021

Beautiful area

Very nice campground, but cell coverage is nonexistent outside of one small area.

SiteD8
Month of VisitJanuary
J
Reviewed Dec. 4, 2021

Fancy!

This is a really pretty, beautifully maintained campground with a lot of topography. The buildings are beautiful and there are a lot of amenities, including a very nice kitchen and hang-out space (though it was closed during my visit). There are showers, good drinking water, dish-washing sinks, and…

• The only photo I took was of this fern - but it gives you a sense of the substrate.
Month of VisitDecember
Jessica P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2021

Peaceful!

Nice and quite! There wasn’t many people at this site. It was very relaxing. And the views are nice. Rangers were friendly as well!

Bathrooms were top notch clean!

Careful for poison ivy nearby.

HThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Great getaway!

We spent two nights doing a family and friends reunion. We loved our rv spot, the rest of the group had great tent site and glamping tents. Facilities were super clean and nice. Pool was small but the pool area was really nice. Great location for swimming in the Yuba river!

RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Easy in and out

This was my first camp out spot ever. I called ahead and made sure they would be okay with me sleeping in my Outback. They said it would be okay as long as I had the gear to sleep outside in a tent as well. The place was quiet and we had no issues. I just suggest getting there early enough so you…

A
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2021

Nice spot

Clean campground, efficient check in. Lake is not walking distance, no internet. Great place for a quick stop over.

G
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Cool place

Very nice campground with decent sites and stuff to do. Great area.

Elaina S.
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

ATVs, 4 wheeling, and Nature

This campground had riding trails that could bring you to Sly Creek and secret camping sites that a quad or 4 wheel drive could find. It's closed until 2023 due to the fires. My review is based on my experiences prior to that. The main camp area sits on 2 sides of the creek and has hand pump…

LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

VERY well-maintained family campground, with sometching for everyone!

More family oriented than “upscale,” what struck me was even though it maintains a substantial trout fishery, the surface tempin early June was z74 — PERFECT for swimming, tubing, etc.

Although the lake level is sadly representative of CA drought conditions, fishing was good. We caught 7 rainbows…

• North view
  • Caught on BrightRed PowerBait.
  • E view
Outdoordude D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Go to spot

Being close to home doesn't hurt. Love going during the week. Less crowded that way. Good fishing. When the water is up, my favorite spot is 396. I can kayak right from camp.

• Feeling like I had the campground to myself.
Month of VisitMarch
D
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2020

Great, peaceful

Great Lake and RV Park. We stayed in spot 110 with a lakefront view

James O.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 2, 2020

Cozy campsite near river

Great campsite, plenty of room to throw the ball for our dog. The never ending sound of the nearby river was peaceful. Less than 50% capacity for Halloween weekend, but certainly a popular spot for hunters, bikers, and off roaders to spot by and use the bathrooms. If you walk across highway 49, you…

Katy B.
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2020

Cozy and safe

Edit: I ended up sticking around to take in the place bc I had paid so much. If staying to use the amenities it is pretty worth it, still a tad pricey though 😉 but the hosts are friendly and it sounds like you can use a $8 day pass if desired.

Was a bit pricey for me as I was just car camping,…

B
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2020

Just Awesome

Super clean and friendly

Not congested and close to many hiking trails Easy drive and close to Nevada City.

Especially nice during Christmas Season. Feels like walking back in time. Do not miss!