Plumas National Forest, CALIFORNIA
Camping California Plumas National Forest
Most Recent Plumas National Forest Camping Reviews
Gem in the words

Surprised how well maintained and friendly staff assisting with set up. Nice dog large area without enclosed fencing. All short term campers are located in the center very cozy. Lots of families and kids and noisy. We were able to ride bike in the park and on the road that was safe with little to no traffic. Several grass areas for guest minus pets. The perimeter areas are for permanent residence with several for sale. So no chance of getting some nice sites. A number of tiny cottages to rent. The railroad tracks along side of park and loud in early hours you got use to it. Will return but off season when kids are back in school. Also no access to creek from park. Recommend very clean park

Almost perfect

Absolutely delightful campground with flush toilets and potable water. Super close access to the water. Would be a perfect spot for tent camping if there weren’t so many trailers everywhere.

4X4 Campground

The 4x4 campground is great, stayed here a couple times now. The trail in isn’t very challenging, the first rock section is a good “gatekeeper” if you will. My 4runner made it in fine, small lift and 33’s. Never touched sliders, but the wheels & skids got some new scratches. Dirtbikes make very quick work of the trail. Sites are plenty, but if you get there on a weekend get there early because sites fill up fast. Bathrooms are still closed for the summer as well, but they do provide wag bags for free. Lake is glass in the morning, and this place is overall somewhere I will always return to. Great getaway from the rv campers etc. if that’s not what you’re into. 5/5

Lake Cove

Lake cove is always a good choice. Clean bathrooms and laundry facility on site. There are tent sites, even sites with and without hookups, cabins, and a trailer to rent. They also have a volleyball court, horse shoes, and arcade available.

Fantastic campground

This is our favorite campground at Sequoia National Park! You can get spots by the river if you are lucky. We have even been lucky to get a spot there without reserving a site in advance. We have been happy with all of the sites we have reserved. We would recommend it to anyone!

Rustic. Huge. Nice

Clean and Rustic. WiFi is very very limited- drive to top of hill or lodge( very sporadic) Great Lake for swimming, fishing and small boats. Store on site. Clean swimming pool. Ideal for Tent or RV.

Nice place

Very nice campsite good staff beautiful place only down take is it’s very crowded they have there sites very close together so having dogs is a hassle at times..But overall great place to camp..

Great spot, have to drive to water

I go camping here with my gf’s family for about 2 weeks every summer. Camp sites are generally clean, some are large and have better views than others. It is right off a main highway, on a hill, so you do hear trucks accelerating. No RV hookups. Last time one of the bathrooms was destroyed, physically, resulting in people having to walk about a half mile to use the restroom. Half spots are reservation half are drive ins. We love it.

Beautiful but lots of drugs and desperate homelessness

Greeted with trash and cigarette butts littering the park. Spent 15 minutes picking up trash so campsite was decent. Homeless drug addicts resided in the next site over. Random people came at all times to park car while tenants ran out to car. Then car left quickly. That’s a drug deal.
Bags and trash littered their site. They rarely came out of their tents. Our last night homeless people came through our camp to rummage through the trash. They only left when we called the cops.
Random car yelled f*&$ you at my little boys. Horrible.
I only gave it one star for the physical beauty.

Basic campground, close to adventure

Nice large campsites. Basic drop toilets. $24/night. Grab an envelope on way in, pay station is a bit up the road. Fire pits, bear lockers, picknick tables. No running water I found. Creek onsite. Dog friendly.

Fun cabin rental

Some of my family has camped here in the past at one of the tent sites. We decided this time around to reserve one of their cabins. We stayed at the Diamond P cabin which has the best view of the lake within this group of cabins. You can walk to the lake (it’s about 100 yards) from this location. Though it does fill up fast (by 11am it was pretty full). They have a large portable toilet there for use. We spent our time at the pool which is near the flushable toilets and the ice cream parlor, restaurant, and camp store. The pool goes from 3.5’ ft to 5’ back to 3.5’ ft.

The cabin was great. Two bedrooms, each with twin bunk beds and a full bottom bunk and twin above. Small bathroom with shower, mini fridge, hot plates, microwave, and dishes. Dining table and futon in the living area. Nice wide front porch to sit on and enjoy the view, communal tables and bbq for all the cabins. This unit also had a swamp cooler to help manage the heat.

Check in is 4pm and check out is 11am. There is also a small game room with a pool table, a baseball field, paddle boats, and kayaks to rent.

The down side is how quickly the easiest access to the lake fills up. Everyone has to drive over from the tent RV site to access the water. There are other places you can drive and park to get to the water, but there it a drop off into the water from there vs a gradual walk in.

Bear Country

I didn’t see not 1 Beautiful area Nice place to fish.

Nice drive in camping.

Plenty of trees and river near by each campspace. No laundry facilities, no running water, clean toilet. No store. Camphost will sell ice, and firewood. It’s about 8 miles to the sweet town of Truckee.It’s on Reserve America for reservations.

Great Camping right on the lake

This is a campground that is right on Lake Almanor.  It's fun to be able to camp right next to the lake, the views are amazing!  The staff is friendly and the campground is well taken care of.

In a word, excellent!

This campground has it all. It’s clean, has great amenities (pool, showers, kitchen, bathrooms), and it’s a nice walk away from town. It has a spot for everyone - RVs, glamping tents, and the standard tent sites (my style).

Highly recommend!

My fave

1/4 mile walk to the actual campsite from the parking lot so you can’t car camp. Very secluded cause no one ever wants to haul all their camping stuff tent, clothes, stove, cooler, etc. on the narrow up and down path but if you can get past that it’s pretty sweet. The waters right there good for fishing. 2 vaulted toilets in the campsites 1 in the parking lot. All have fire pits and a picnic table. Would be nice if there were bear bins. One camping trip we had to go to town to replenish our food. The next trip we strapped the cooler closed and put it in the next campsite over under the picnic table lol it was fine though!

Flat out hostile owners

This RV park is in a beautiful area, with many RV campgrounds to choose from. Which is one of many reasons I would recommend going elsewhere. Golden Coach is owned by a married couple, and the male owner is combative to say the least. They cater to a very specific crowd here, and they treat outsiders as well, the other. He was as rude, and unprofessional as could possibly be. This was the worst camping experience I have ever had. If you're a young family, and/or a family of color, I would strongly urge you to stay elsewhere. There are many resorts with hosts who are kind and welcoming in close proximity.

Family Camping

Great campsites, wide open spaces available for families. Will camp here again

Failure

We reserved our sites many months ago. In June I got an email saying our site was closed. I checked several review places and some claimed the gates were locked. Then later others noted it was now open. I called the rangers and they told be it was logged last year and some had not been cleaned up. A few sites were cleared but many had logs still in them. They said they call back and help me try to find a resolution. They never called back. The site is trying to charge me a $10 reservation cancellation fee even though my site is not available.

We ended up booking Chapman Creek instead. Looks like we made a good choice as every review coming in on other sites says the noise is ridiculous.

Beautiful!

We loved this place! Hard to get reservations. Big spaces! Great trails! A lot to do!

Wonderful place to be

Enjoyed my stay very much. Hope I get a chance to go back.

Great campground

I have been here several times and enjoy the proximity to the peaceful lake.  I try to locate a site away from the others to totally enjoy the serenity this area can offer. There are great little hikes to enjoy with the dog and a great place to toss a tennis ball into the lake for the dog to swim. I enjoy the short trek from Reno with my teardrop.

Super Clean and accessible campground

Two sections of campground, if first lot is full drive 1/4 mile back towards the mountains and there will be more sites. Vault pit toilets at both areas. Nice cement picnic tables and sturdy grills/pits for fire. Sage and Juniper surround this area. You can even hear the coyotes calling to one another at night. Pretty secluded and usually one can find solitude. Although, it is a great access point to the OHV Fort Sage Trails, so beware your neighbors will be hauling all sorts of mechanized toys. Dont forget to keep this pristine by following Leave No Trace principles.

Incredible campground close to unlimited adventure spots

Family filled campground with many spots. Just down the road from Sardine Lakes and Sand Pond, which are great for fishing and swimming. Gets buggy in the summertime. Sites located very close to one another so not a ton of privacy. Road to access is easy for all cars. The campground can get trashed easily, so do your part to pack out your trash and leave it better than you found it.

Quiet and shaded campground

Road is gravel, one large pot hole in the middle of the road made it difficult for a compact or large RV to get into campground. Easy for a 4wd or high clearance rig. Small sites but big enough for RVs. Aspen filled Creek just a small walk south of campground. To keep this place looking beautiful, do not forget to pack out your trash and follow Leave No Trace ethics. This is a free campground, and to keep it that way we must take care of it.

First come, first serve

This place is great for swimming in the summer as the lake gets really warm. Across the lake is an amazing rope swing not for the faint of heart (its big). You need a floatation device like a blow up with oars to get there. 300 foot walk from cars to campground so bring a dolly/wagon. $15 a night fee. Bring a lot of drinking/dishes water (no spigots, no sinks). No RV sites/hookups. Short drive back down Bowman Lake rd to the yuba river. Cold water but beautiful hiking and something called the emerald pools. Rucker lake rd is a dirt road! AWD recommended but not totally needed

Recreation Heaven

Great camp ground with spacious spaces. Accomadates large groups and tent camping. Friendly host and very clean. Stones throw from the boat ramp and Stampede Lake. Only down is the place is a little noisey.

Awesome Lake and Clean Campground

Bucks lake is our family’s favorite. Lake is big enough for boating and fishing and never seems to be overcrowded. This camp specifically can get busy and is a first come first serve basis so sometimes is tough to find spots. If you can get one right on the lake it’s awesome.

Site has access to a few hiking trails nearby.

Highly recommend!

Rustic clean free

Forest Service campground in Plumas NF I’ve stayed at several times when exploring the area. About 9 miles from Quincy and 2-3 off highway. Free. Fire rings (need annual campfire permit, free at park offices) and bear boxes. Outhouses. No water apart from lake (generally overgrown). Large clear sites with plenty of space between them. Forested area, dirt roads. Equestrian sites available.

Good location

Host was nice. Campsites are small and there is lots of road noise. But overall, good location if you’re exploring North Lake Tahoe.