Plumas National Forest, CALIFORNIA

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Plumas National Forest Camping Reviews
Beautiful shoreline camping

Open camping options make this a great spur of the moment option. We camped along the lake shore. They also have lots of great spots higher up, among the trees that come with picnic tables, firepits and water available. Portable toilets, so if your neighbors are clean, you're safe. Great little store with coffee and ice cream. Great place for boating and kayaking too.

Friendly

Nice place, clean

Large sites

This lake is a quiet getaway, with waterfront access and a warm lake. Short hike in but has picnic tables and bear boxes.

Views

Takes a rough road to get up to camp. But it has some great views and access to great trails.

Fabulous place to relax

My husband and I just bought an RV and this was our first stop. Thankfully it was a wonderful experience. Alvin (manager) was helpful and welcoming. The shower and laundry facilities were clean. We stayed during a snow storm, about 2’ of snow. The street was plowed the next morning. I would highly recommend this place. Thank you Alvin!!

Does the job, excellent camp host

This campground was just another quick layover for me.

Sites were well maintained, picnic tables, fire rings and bear boxes.

Running water, flush toilets and at every spigot there was a gallon jug filled for you to use to extinguish your fires.

Bathrooms were clean and well stocked, the camp host walked around to check the sites and be sure everyone had paid.

Was a nice quite site but I was toward the back part of the campground.  I'm sure if you were toward the front part there would be road noise.

Childhood campground

This is my favorite campground. It’s the one I grew up going to and it is just so beautiful and relaxing. Highly recommend!

Mystical

We stopped here in the middle of a trip to Shasta and chose a campground farther away from the others and next to the river. Not crowded at all, very lovely environment, was a little had to find at first but well worth it.

Awesome Group Site w/ Lake Access

Awesome group sites entering Stampede Reservoir with close lake access. 4 total group paved sites in the loop with the ability for large groups at each. Large fire pits, multiple picnic tables, charcoal grills, and areas for tents. Water and bathrooms available for each site, though it’s Dry Camping. Host onsite with wood for purchase. Great area for kids to play without the traffic of normal campgrounds.