Camping in Bangor

74 Reviews of 29 Bangor Campgrounds

PThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2021

Beautiful area

Very nice campground, but cell coverage is nonexistent outside of one small area.

SiteD8
Month of VisitJanuary
Kloee S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 10, 2021

Nice Famcamp

The sites are all in little culdesacs and are back ins. The culdesacs can be tight turns for large rigs, but the sites are nice. The base is large and we do lots of bike riding and walking here. The sunsets are usually beautiful!!

Sitem1
Month of VisitDecember
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2021

Central location

Visit was April 2020. Had spot in rear of facility. Lots of room uneven grass surface but auto leveled no problem. Small pond for kids only fishing. Easy freeway access can get to town on surface streets. Overall was quiet clean safe. Would stay again.

Sitedon't remember. 106 ?
S D.
Reviewed Nov. 14, 2021

I love it

Went camping for a night for my honey moon it was fun nice place great price cannt wait to go again

• Play button icon
Rishi  B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 3, 2021

Camp directly on the lake

Great place to camp!!! They have a convenience store that is walkable distance to get supplies, food, candy from.

You should reserve a spot right on the lake. If you have a boat you can anchor it right in front.

Nice places to swim, fish, and jump off docs

Rishi  B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2021

Camping near it all

Great place to stay. You’re tucked away directly in nature but a 5 minute drive will get you to downtown Nevada city. “Downtown” is a small quaint historic area packed with great restaurants for vegans and organic lovers alike.

• pass the train tracks is a large meadow to take a walk in. camping was 6/10 on the private scale.
  • nice pool to cool off in
  • cute train track runs on the outskirts of the sites. You can pay to take the small quiet train
Sitecampsite and glamping tent
SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 19, 2021

Nice, small campground

Really pretty campground. We are here in the off season, so there weren't many other campers here. I think in high season it would feel cramped. The trees are amazing and there are about 2 miles of walking trails. The campground is along Dry Creek, which isn't dry but is covered in some sort of…

Month of VisitNovember
kThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2021

Cozy little nook

Kinda small sites, no table or anything, and I can’t seem to find the dog run. Overall good place to stay, right in town. Not expensive either, not sure about the cabins or motel though.

Month of VisitNovember
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 20, 2021

Great place

Quiet place. Allowed to eat at mess hall

Sitetent
L
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2021

Golden

This campsite has great amenities with restrooms that have a sink and REAL toilets. Very clean. Large secluded site with the forest behind you. Beautiful landscape with a history of hydraulic mining. There’so

a trail to a nearby overlook to see the stripped hillsides. Although I dislike the idea…

• ghost town
  • edwards crossing
  • highway 49 bridge area
Travis C.
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Hot Smoky summer nights

Aside from the smoke and the heat these campsites are very spacious and wide open. Bear boxes are a must if you don’t want the big guys in your camp. We never had an issue but many other campers did. Lake level is definitely low but that was to be expected with the lack of rain this year.

RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Easy in and out

This was my first camp out spot ever. I called ahead and made sure they would be okay with me sleeping in my Outback. They said it would be okay as long as I had the gear to sleep outside in a tent as well. The place was quiet and we had no issues. I just suggest getting there early enough so you…

Maria O.
Reviewed Jun. 28, 2021

This campground is great if you have a boat. There is no access to the reservoir. We had to drive to Dark Day Campground to get close to the water. From there, we had a bit of a hike to reach the water. There is no paved trail to get to it. From the parking lot, we just went in from any opening…

j
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Great Park

Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean well maintained grounds!