Camping in Bangor

101 Reviews of 44 Bangor Campgrounds

PThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2021

Beautiful area

Very nice campground, but cell coverage is nonexistent outside of one small area.

SiteD8
Month of VisitJanuary
J
Reviewed Dec. 4, 2021

Fancy!

This is a really pretty, beautifully maintained campground with a lot of topography. The buildings are beautiful and there are a lot of amenities, including a very nice kitchen and hang-out space (though it was closed during my visit). There are showers, good drinking water, dish-washing sinks, and…

• The only photo I took was of this fern - but it gives you a sense of the substrate.
Month of VisitDecember
E
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2021

Pros, Cons, Wouldn’t Come Back

Pros: Sites are spread out. The campground is well maintained with beautiful landscape and access/view of river. Full hookups.

Cons: I can hear a gun range and a freeway. Basically in town, so not feeling like I’m enjoying nature.

My husband doesn’t mind the other noises, and the site is…

• nighttime glow up
  • daytime view of river from our site
Month of VisitDecember
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2021

Central location

Visit was April 2020. Had spot in rear of facility. Lots of room uneven grass surface but auto leveled no problem. Small pond for kids only fishing. Easy freeway access can get to town on surface streets. Overall was quiet clean safe. Would stay again.

Sitedon't remember. 106 ?
S D.
Reviewed Nov. 14, 2021

I love it

Went camping for a night for my honey moon it was fun nice place great price cannt wait to go again

• Play button icon
Rishi  B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 3, 2021

Camp directly on the lake

Great place to camp!!! They have a convenience store that is walkable distance to get supplies, food, candy from.

You should reserve a spot right on the lake. If you have a boat you can anchor it right in front.

Nice places to swim, fish, and jump off docs

Rishi  B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2021

Camping near it all

Great place to stay. You’re tucked away directly in nature but a 5 minute drive will get you to downtown Nevada city. “Downtown” is a small quaint historic area packed with great restaurants for vegans and organic lovers alike.

• pass the train tracks is a large meadow to take a walk in. camping was 6/10 on the private scale.
  • nice pool to cool off in
  • cute train track runs on the outskirts of the sites. You can pay to take the small quiet train
Sitecampsite and glamping tent
SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 19, 2021

Nice, small campground

Really pretty campground. We are here in the off season, so there weren't many other campers here. I think in high season it would feel cramped. The trees are amazing and there are about 2 miles of walking trails. The campground is along Dry Creek, which isn't dry but is covered in some sort of…

Month of VisitNovember
kThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2021

Cozy little nook

Kinda small sites, no table or anything, and I can’t seem to find the dog run. Overall good place to stay, right in town. Not expensive either, not sure about the cabins or motel though.

Month of VisitNovember
L
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2021

Golden

This campsite has great amenities with restrooms that have a sink and REAL toilets. Very clean. Large secluded site with the forest behind you. Beautiful landscape with a history of hydraulic mining. There’so

a trail to a nearby overlook to see the stripped hillsides. Although I dislike the idea…

• ghost town
  • edwards crossing
  • highway 49 bridge area
Travis C.
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Hot Smoky summer nights

Aside from the smoke and the heat these campsites are very spacious and wide open. Bear boxes are a must if you don’t want the big guys in your camp. We never had an issue but many other campers did. Lake level is definitely low but that was to be expected with the lack of rain this year.

HThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Great getaway!

We spent two nights doing a family and friends reunion. We loved our rv spot, the rest of the group had great tent site and glamping tents. Facilities were super clean and nice. Pool was small but the pool area was really nice. Great location for swimming in the Yuba river!

mThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2021

Bidwell Canyon is the place to go

Out of all of the campgrounds around Lake Oroville and within the state park rec area by far Bidwell is THE best..it's clean, it has cell service plus wifi if you need it, pets are ok, 2 to 3 boat launches, spots to fish, great showers and bathrooms plus the park rangers that run this specific…

RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Easy in and out

This was my first camp out spot ever. I called ahead and made sure they would be okay with me sleeping in my Outback. They said it would be okay as long as I had the gear to sleep outside in a tent as well. The place was quiet and we had no issues. I just suggest getting there early enough so you…