Camping in Bangor

48 Reviews of 12 Bangor Campgrounds

PThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2021

Beautiful area

Very nice campground, but cell coverage is nonexistent outside of one small area.

SiteD8
Month of VisitJanuary
S D.
Reviewed Nov. 14, 2021

I love it

Went camping for a night for my honey moon it was fun nice place great price cannt wait to go again

• Play button icon
Rishi  B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 3, 2021

Camp directly on the lake

Great place to camp!!! They have a convenience store that is walkable distance to get supplies, food, candy from.

You should reserve a spot right on the lake. If you have a boat you can anchor it right in front.

Nice places to swim, fish, and jump off docs

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 19, 2021

Nice, small campground

Really pretty campground. We are here in the off season, so there weren't many other campers here. I think in high season it would feel cramped. The trees are amazing and there are about 2 miles of walking trails. The campground is along Dry Creek, which isn't dry but is covered in some sort of…

Month of VisitNovember
mThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2021

Bidwell Canyon is the place to go

Out of all of the campgrounds around Lake Oroville and within the state park rec area by far Bidwell is THE best..it's clean, it has cell service plus wifi if you need it, pets are ok, 2 to 3 boat launches, spots to fish, great showers and bathrooms plus the park rangers that run this specific…

RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Easy in and out

This was my first camp out spot ever. I called ahead and made sure they would be okay with me sleeping in my Outback. They said it would be okay as long as I had the gear to sleep outside in a tent as well. The place was quiet and we had no issues. I just suggest getting there early enough so you…

Elaina S.
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

ATVs, 4 wheeling, and Nature

This campground had riding trails that could bring you to Sly Creek and secret camping sites that a quad or 4 wheel drive could find. It's closed until 2023 due to the fires. My review is based on my experiences prior to that. The main camp area sits on 2 sides of the creek and has hand pump…

LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

VERY well-maintained family campground, with sometching for everyone!

More family oriented than “upscale,” what struck me was even though it maintains a substantial trout fishery, the surface tempin early June was z74 — PERFECT for swimming, tubing, etc.

Although the lake level is sadly representative of CA drought conditions, fishing was good. We caught 7 rainbows…

• North view
  • Caught on BrightRed PowerBait.
  • E view
Outdoordude D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Go to spot

Being close to home doesn't hurt. Love going during the week. Less crowded that way. Good fishing. When the water is up, my favorite spot is 396. I can kayak right from camp.

• Feeling like I had the campground to myself.
Month of VisitMarch
Bearit W.
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Heaven on earth

This is such a beautiful piece of California. It is clean and well maintained my daughter who is 5 loved writing her hoverboard around the entire park there are lots of kids to play with and the caretaker and his family were super welcoming and professional. It is really relaxing and refreshing

Bearit W.
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Heaven on earth

Travis C.
Reviewed May. 11, 2021

Weekend at Scott’s

Great camping spots even for a small RV. This place has it all fishing, skiing, mountain biking.

Crystyn C.
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2021

Campground on Lake Oroville

If you are looking for a small campground with full hookups, on the lake, close to Table Mountain and Feather Falls, this is for you. We picked this campground for its location, but got so much more. The campsites aren’t huge or very level, but the fact that it has full hookups for $45/night, is…

Christian N.
Reviewed Dec. 25, 2020

One of my favorite childhood spots

It’s always a little busy on weekends, but filled with fun people. Nice sites with picnic tables, huge flattened areas for the biggest tents, fire pits, rv hookup areas, and a store close by with boat launch.

D