About Stephens Park Campground
Stephens Park Campground is located in Arkansas
-93.1903 W
4 Reviews of Stephens Park Campground
Love this campground.
  • This is a small campground with 9 sites and they are huge. I believe it is site 3 that is right on the water. Electric water sewer. Quiet all weekend. Shaded. Nice bathrooms. Water is ice cold and clear. Clearest I have seen. You can fish or swim right here or go to other side of the damn and water is warmer but I preferred this. Great little campground. Will definitely be back.
Quiet Experience

Very nice a clean little park. Nice views and love the river stream flowing along the camp sites. Great hiking just up the road to look over Blakey Dam.

Beautiful tent friendly park

We tent camped here in August, 2018 and in spite of the rain we had a beautiful experience. The tent sites are a small walk from the parking lot, and the parks provide a baggage cart on wheels to bring your stuff down. The site was on a small peninsula on the lake with trails to walk down to the lake, or even set up chairs. The staff was friendly, bathrooms clean and nice. We rented a kayak for a couple of hours and it was very peaceful (cheap too!). We hiked the 4 mile hike and misjudged our time, so hiked some in darkness, but it was a nice easy hike.

Not the best option for Oachita Lake

Stephens Park is located on the Oachita Lake. We stayed here because we wanted to check out Hot Springs, AK the next day and it seemed like the closest option. There is a large bathroom area and a nice, large covered picnic area. I did not love this site, especially after learning about all the other sites available that were located on the lake. The proximity to Hot Springs did pay off though. Our site had a picnic table and a fire pit. While we got up and left early without any hikes, I think there were several hikes around the lake and in the area. We did go for a quick swim in the lake even though it was very very cold.