The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Utting , ARIZONA

Camping Arizona Utting Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Utting Camping Reviews
Great park and campground for off-roading.

Park has a campground with several elec/water hookup sites and the rest are water-only or dry camping. Baseball field nearby as well as playground and covered picnic/event area. Great access to nearby off-roading trails and plenty of exploring. Camping area is all gravel. Spaces are pretty level. Trash cans available. Local roadrunners come up to camp and look for some treats. Some train noise and highway noise but not really noticeable except middle of the night. Local market nearby and some restaurants and bars. Only 27 miles to Parker AZ and about the same to Quartzsite AZ and I-10.

The price is right!

Very nice spot on the California side of the Colorado river. No hookups, but nice tables & gravel lots. If you have your lifetime passport for American parks it’s only 2.50 a night! Can’t beat that! I loved the river and watching the duck, roadrunners, and quail. I didn’t however see any donkeys which was disappointing.

An old park

This is an old run down over priced park. I paid $127 for 4 nights. They still use glass fuses instead of breakers. My first night here my power went out while I was preparing breakfast, a fuse blew, I hadn’t even turned the Keurig on …nothing was on but the tv. The park does not offer WiFi or cable. There are no channels on the tv scan and no near by cell towers. Even with a booster cell reception horrible.

Desert camping

Big area with lots of places to camp. There is a host, & they would like you to register with them. It is a 14 day dispersed site. I found a nice level site with campfire pit not too far from the host site about halfway down Dome Rock road. A bit windy at times, and you can hear the I-10 traffic, which didn’t bother me. And It’s FREE to camp for 14 days!

Great for what it is

This was an unexpected one-nighter and we lucked out with a water-front site! Don't expect a lot - it's a parking lot more or less - but it gets the job done and it's better than others out there even though its a bit pricy.

We showed up on Xmas day so the manager was nice enough to call and let us know where we could get our passes & how to get in. There are some cute little cabins and a rec hall (closed for covid) and they seem to have a little community here. There's even a tiny dog park which they created a dog bath inside - very thoughtful! There was full hookups at the site so that was a nice luxury for us.

The river is a little rundown and sad looking - but people were trying to fish anyway. And although the sites didn't have a campfire, there was a group one right on the beach with a bunch of wood. Wish we had seen that earlier! Lots of dogs but they all behaved and mine got to splash around in the water.

Very clean restrooms although they are asking that people don't use them right now (covid) which could be why they were so clean.

What a gem!

We showed up after dark and the camp host came right out to welcome us and show us to our site. The site I had picked out was very small but right up against the river. The host (Mike?) invited us to change sites to the one at the very end and we couldn't have been luckier! I think it was site 19, but it felt very private but open to the water and had a little walkway to the river so it was like we had a private beach. It was our very first experience RV camping, so we didn't expect any frills and we didn't get any… but it was magical to wake up and walk outside and watch the sunrise!

Don't expect a ton of privacy (although we felt we had some where we were) especially if you're not along the water. This isn't the type of campground for a long stay, but for a shorty trip I would MUCH rather be here than in the RV parking lot type of "campgrounds" for sure.

There is a vault toilet that is simple but clean and the host put a couple DVDs at the info station which I thought was a cute touch. There are great trees along the water's edge but don't expect a lot of shade. Perfect on a clear night to stargaze!

Close to town

Dome Rock Rd. is close to Quartzsite and the Tyson Wells shopping tents that set up in January. If you're looking for quartz, this is the place to go. Gets crowded in peak season, so finding a more secluded spot may pose a challenge. Lots of fire pits. Be careful of large rocks

Easy drive, not packed

This road is 20 miles from Quartzsite, so it isn't tightly packed. Lots of fire pits, easy drive in. If you're staying for the season, you can alternate here and Plomosa Rd. At a certain point this road turns from BLM into Kofa Wildlife Refuge, so be mindful of where you camp

Lots of things to do!

Little privacy at each site which is to be expected in the desert. Quite a few full timers. Nice laundry, pool, dog area, pickle ball, horseshoes. There's even a pea patch for gardeners.

Desert Gold - Seasonal

Huge park (over 500 sites) with the usual outdoor activities (pool, mini golf, dog area, horseshoes, etc). Snowbird rate as of 12/20 is $1,695