Kaibito, ARIZONA

Most Recent Kaibito Camping Reviews
Desert Oasis

Unbelievable views of Lake Powell with beach dispersed camping sites for tents and rvs. Great place to relax and boat, kayak, canoe, fish, swim, hike and 4-wheel. Only downside is that the beach is very very sandy making it a little hard to walk around in and difficult to drive in so 4 wheel drive is a must, in my opinion, and when the wind blows be prepared to eat your dinner with a little sand in it. Other than that…awesome experience. We camped for 3 days in a tent and canoed and fished our way around the lake and had a blast. Very close to bathrooms and trails and just far enough away from other campers.

Desert Oasis

near the water!

During a quick get away to Glen Canyon for a couple days to do some hiking, this was a campground we stumbled across. I made a note to come back to it since I really liked the setting. Being near the water is not too prevalent in the area, so getting to camp so near water would be a treat! This campground is very close to Lake Powell, so if you cannot get a houseboat to stay on this is your next best option :)

The sites lack privacy, but seem to have an adequate amount of space. Not a huge campground- definitely less than 100 sites, possibly even less than 50. Many RV's, camper vans, and trailers.  Ground would be pretty level for setting up a tent, but I'd recommend sleeping pads because it looks hard.

This is such a unique are and there are tons of things to do. Horseshoe Bend is even cooler than in photos! The Rainbow Bridge is a really good hike. If you have the ability or desire to rent a water craft and see the area from the water I highly recommend it.  Though I did not go on a boat tour, there are a few in the area that seemed quite popular. It is interesting looking from the water to see the shoreline-worth at least a couple hours.  Nearby is Coyote Gulch that was a fantastic hike with waterfalls!

Definitely an area you can visit more than once since there is so much to do!

Perception vs reality

Pros:

• Beach camping on beautiful Lake Powel
  • Close to numerous hikes and incredible destinations
  • Very fair price
  • Vaulted toilets, trash dumpster, dump
  • The lake is clear, cool and refreshing.

Cons:

• You will share the beach with 200 other campers. Weekends see very heavy use with RV’s and tents packed like sardines and stacked 2,3, and even 4 deep along the shore; weekdays offer a much more private experience but you will not have the beach to yourself, you will have neighbors. If you like privacy you can find it as long as you’re willing to find a site much further back from the water.
  • Do not attempt without 4 wheel drive, we’ve saw a dozen RV’s and cars stuck in the sand (the worst areas are the “roads” to/from the beach.
  • If it’s windy you are pretty much stuck inside as the blowing sand makes it unbearable. The lake really isn’t any better as the sand blows there as well. In almost a week we’ve been able to put our awning out twice for about an hour.
  • You will spend a lot of time cleaning sand out of your RV.

It is a unique experience and I would do it again, but know what you’re getting into. If serine and private are your thing I’d find another place, if you’re ok with the con’s you’ll have a great time.

Tenting can be great but we saw several tents blown over as well as several shade tents. Bring bags to fill with sand to use as anchors.

If you go, pause near the showers to watch others go up and down to find the best path. There is deep sand and big bumps.

Wish we could stay all summer

The views and Lake Powell make this park a must for any RV'er

Amazing views, lots of RVs and generators

This place was one of our favorites we stayed at while dispersed camping. We paid on Saturday June 12th $14, and our pass was good until the 19th. The following 2 nights there was no one at the booth so I think they may only charge on Saturday. Saturday night was PACKED so we couldn’t get a waterfront spot, but Sunday night we probably got the best spot on the whole beach. We parked on the far left right at the little cliff directly across from the Lone Rock. Since there was no one to our left we boxed ourselves in and it felt pretty private for how busy it was. The cons of this place is how busy it is and how many RVs there are with their god forsaken generators. Also that there were a few giant Trump 2020 flags which, I guess is petty of me to care but it’s annoying to see when you’re just trying to camp and get away from the world. pros are the waterfront views and there are bathrooms and rinse showers at the top of the hill where you enter. Last pro is that if you have an off road vehicle and keep driving over to the right you can avoid most of the RVs and generators. Which leads me to probably the most important point: DO NOT drive on the deep sand without an off road vehicle. We saw SOOO many little cars stuck in the sand. Some had to get towed by a tow truck. Others were lucky enough it seemed that some big trucks on the beach were nice enough to help them. We even saw one giant RV with a dude that drove all the way down to the right of the beach into the deep sand and had to have TWO big ass trucks pull him out. Just… don’t be that dude.

Amazing sunsets

I love primitive camping here. You camp right on the beach with the most gorgeous views. You’re super close to tons of amazing places like Horseshoe Bend and Antelope Canyon. There are lots of RVs and you don’t have privacy, but it’s worth it. Best to have 4WD.

Best for Endless Reasons

I love this campground! We’ve stayed here twice before! It has pretty much everything! Lake access boat rentals, proximity to Bryce, Zion, Grand Canyon, Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe… it’s always clean and friendly. I love that they are spaced out. In the age of streaming, I only wish the WiFi was better. We’ve camped here twice and can’t wait to come back. Even if it’s pricy it’s worth every penny!

Desert oasis/disneyland

Lots of fun recreational activities and plenty of options for lodging. Campground is nice and close to activities. All services provided. Very hot in the summer. Lots of free camping as well as the paid campground.

Definitely in our Top 10 Campgrounds in the US

Location: excellent proximity to the Grand Canyon, Horseshoe Bend and Antelope Upper & Lower Slot Canyons. Within approximately 1 hour to each. The campground is situated on Lake Powell with breath taking views. 15 minute drive from Page, Arizona which offers lots of tourism activities, shopping etc.

Park: Well run resort, very clean, very nice. Each concrete pad was level and well positioned for a beautiful view of the lake. There is great spacing between sites. There are several loops to spread everyone out and limit traffic from other loops. They have lots of walking and biking trails. Access to the lake and docks, and boat storage.

Sites: Each site has a level concrete pad and full hook ups and an incredible view of the lake.

Cellular: ok T-Mobile, we couldn’t stream videos but Facebook, email, calling we’re all able to be utilized.