The best WALK IN camping near
Engesser Junction , ARIZONA

Most Recent Engesser Junction Camping Reviews
Campground

Perfect for winter weather camping. Visited in April and it was Africa 🥵 HOT. No water. Dry camping. Beautiful though. Stars are bright.

Beautiful desert spaces

We enjoyed our 3 day stay here, but had a big dusty mess to clean up afterwards. Fishing revealed catfish and bass at the waters edge. A watercraft would be ideal; no swimming allowed. We parked on the lake near the road when gravel trucks worked weekdays. They did a good job of wetting down the road with water trucks. We might stay up on the “second deck” next time.

Quiet and basic.

I stayed off of King Rd. which was accessible using a regular. I would take a truck if I did it again. Not a bad place to camp out at if you're heading to Yuma. It was free. No bathrooms and no water. Had a fire because it gets cold in February. There were many RV's in the area with plenty of room. Looks like people take their dirt bikes around those parts.

Large Campsites

This campground is located about 12 miles off the interstate with easy paved access all the way to the campground. The campground is very well maintained and clean. There are covered picnic areas and group camping area. The fee is$8.00 a night, but can be discounted with national park access pass. Other than the short path around the painted rock exhibit, there wasn’t much to do in the surrounding area, but if your looking for a nice retreat/getaway for dry camping, this is the perfect place for it. The sites are very large and spaced apart with picnic tables and fire rings. There are some ADA accessible with paved area under both.

Great central location

Great views, hikes, interesting people.

Very Large14 day limit BLM

This is one five of 14 Day LVTA camping areas in the Quartzsite vicinity.

It was a very large site that had entrances on both sides of the road that each had their own host. Lots of flat open spaces. It is managed by the Bureau of Land Management(BLM). BLM lands have special rules, fees( sometimes none) and can be popular with boon-docking.. I have seen other reviews saying it was free to stay here, but there are signs that say LTVA permits are required for use between September 15th and April 15th. Seasonal fee is $180.00 and 14 day permits were $40.00

I only had a look around, and decide to move on looking for actual free locations.

Nice area, but to many campers for me.

This is a very nice long term (14 day) campsite, very close to the highway noise, and I prefer some place less crowded and quieter. Very easy access to and from the freeway. I would definitely consider this place for a stopover when traveling through and needing a rest.

Looks like there was a recent fire here

Camping along the river is great, but the main dispersed camping area looked as if there was a fire there recently. Some campers there, but lots of burnt trees and ash.

I did find a beautiful spot along the river, and a nice clear path to the river. The sounds of the river reached my RV and was so soothing and relaxing,

Not Crowded and Quiet

I camped here with a friend in January/February 2020 we went back the end of January 2021 but it had rained heavily and the road was flooded. Looked like we had a riverside camp. We ended up camping between Boyer Rd. and the Alliance Church parking lot.  It's a nice area.  I'll definitely camp in this area again.

We stayed only a couple days at this location. It's close to shopping and other things you need like drinking water and RV dump services etc. I included a couple maps showing the RV Pit Stop where drinking water is $0.25/gal or 5 gallons for $1.00. To get there from the camping area go back to Hwy 95 and head south toward Main St. you'll see it on your left.  The senior center is also a good place to go to get information. They have an arts and crafts sale the 3rd Friday of each month and a garage sale the 3rd Saturday.  You can get to the senior center from this camping area by going east on W. Desert Vista St. in front of Alliance Church to where it ends at N. Moon Mountain Rd. turn Right (South) and follow N. Moon Mountain Rd. until you pass Cowell St. the senior Center will be on your right. A little further on the left is the Salvation Army Thrift store.

This is good area to unhitch if you're towing and do all the things you need to do in town before heading to a more remote BLM area.

A Little Too Crowded For Me

It was an okay camping spot. Phone and internet service was reasonable (internet was slow) but there were just too many other campers for my liking.  I was there in early-mid December 2020.  I took a hike back behind the Dome Rock and found that enjoyable. It was a very easy hike.

It was easy to get to, maybe that why it was so crowded. I doubt I'll camp there again except in a pinch.