The best GROUP camping near
Engesser Junction , ARIZONA

Most Recent Engesser Junction Camping Reviews
Campground

Perfect for winter weather camping. Visited in April and it was Africa 🥵 HOT. No water. Dry camping. Beautiful though. Stars are bright.

Hospitality on the river

Walter's Camp is a great launch point up the Colorado River. I don't own a boat but if I did this would be a regular spot. The drive in is a couple miles on dirt road. Take it slow if you have to but chances are you can get there just fine! You may get some excitement from other guests enjoying the river but all in all this is a relaxing campground with hospitable hosts. The grounds are well maintained and the local campground dogs will greet you with open paws. Bring your dog and fishing pole and head into their general store for some cold beer. You'll have a good time! P.s. 5mph speed limit within the campgrounds is necessary due to foot traffic, especially from kids playing.

Beautiful desert spaces

We enjoyed our 3 day stay here, but had a big dusty mess to clean up afterwards. Fishing revealed catfish and bass at the waters edge. A watercraft would be ideal; no swimming allowed. We parked on the lake near the road when gravel trucks worked weekdays. They did a good job of wetting down the road with water trucks. We might stay up on the “second deck” next time.

Quiet and basic.

I stayed off of King Rd. which was accessible using a regular. I would take a truck if I did it again. Not a bad place to camp out at if you're heading to Yuma. It was free. No bathrooms and no water. Had a fire because it gets cold in February. There were many RV's in the area with plenty of room. Looks like people take their dirt bikes around those parts.

Large Campsites

This campground is located about 12 miles off the interstate with easy paved access all the way to the campground. The campground is very well maintained and clean. There are covered picnic areas and group camping area. The fee is$8.00 a night, but can be discounted with national park access pass. Other than the short path around the painted rock exhibit, there wasn’t much to do in the surrounding area, but if your looking for a nice retreat/getaway for dry camping, this is the perfect place for it. The sites are very large and spaced apart with picnic tables and fire rings. There are some ADA accessible with paved area under both.

Beautiful Place and Lots of Cactus

We attended a camper rally Feb 10-14, 2021 and this also happened to be the first time we took our new rig out on the road. The drive to the spot from the 10 was easy and the camping spots (pull out areas) are nice and flat. It was quiet and the stars were clear and beautiful. During the day, there were several off road vehicles the drove by as where we camped was just off the dirt road so you may want to pull off the road as far as possible since it's very dusty. We brought our son's bike and we were glad we did. Lots of places to ride and gave him something to do.

Great place to walk and explore but if you have a dog, please keep them close as there are a LOT of cactus and big thorns everywhere. Our dog got wrapped up in some and it was quite the moment but he's OK. It's also very rocky so watch those tender paws.

The site's close to the town of Quartzsite which is cute and quirky but has everything you need; water, dump station, food, etc. Noise was non-existent at Roadrunner and we had a great time.

No amenities so pack in and pack out and please, leave no trace. This area was very clean so let's leave it that way. Happy Camping!

***

March 12-14, 2021

Ended up back in Quartzsite for a family birthday and it was cool to know the area and where to park ours and a rental RV.  I truly dig this place. We parked further back from the dirt road this time so didn't have to worry about closing our camper door every time someone drove by in a off-road vehicle. Also had boots for our dog to keep the paws safe. He's still getting used to them.  =)

Great central location

Great views, hikes, interesting people.

OK, but not for me.

This is one five of 14 Day LVTA camping areas in the Quartzsite vicinity. It has a host on site. Lots of flat open spaces. It is managed by the Bureau of Land Management(BLM). BLM lands have special rules, fees ( sometimes none) and can be popular with boon-docking. I only had a look around,. It did seem smaller and more densely populated than the other areas. I decided to continue on up the road and ended up staying in open BLM area just beyond Quinn pass. I have T-mobile service and phone was good, but data was painfully slow.

Very Large14 day limit BLM

This is one five of 14 Day LVTA camping areas in the Quartzsite vicinity.

It was a very large site that had entrances on both sides of the road that each had their own host. Lots of flat open spaces. It is managed by the Bureau of Land Management(BLM). BLM lands have special rules, fees( sometimes none) and can be popular with boon-docking.. I have seen other reviews saying it was free to stay here, but there are signs that say LTVA permits are required for use between September 15th and April 15th. Seasonal fee is $180.00 and 14 day permits were $40.00

I only had a look around, and decide to move on looking for actual free locations.

Nice area, but to many campers for me.

This is a very nice long term (14 day) campsite, very close to the highway noise, and I prefer some place less crowded and quieter. Very easy access to and from the freeway. I would definitely consider this place for a stopover when traveling through and needing a rest.